why it's hard to meet a decent guy online

flyingace

Reaction score
can you tell me if it's just deaf guys who make crude comments about the size of my breasts, and even speculate about how, when and if I masturbate, or do all guys do this? Is it because we're communicating on the Internet that they feel they can get away with being crude and 7th-grade? It doesn't make me eager to converse with guys who talk like this, and I certainly have no intention of talking to them on VP if I'll be subjected to sexual comments and requests to strip and masturbate for them. I tell ya, if I met these guys in person and they started making comments about the size of my chest and asking if I use a cell phone on "vibrate" as a dildo, I'd give them a look of disgust and walk away and refuse to speak to them again. And they wonder why they're single? and they think I'm still single because I'm "no fun". Puh-leez.

can you tell me if it's just deaf guys who make crude comments about the size of my breasts, and even speculate about how, when and if I masturbate, or do all guys do this? Is it because we're communicating on the Internet that they feel they can get away with being crude and 7th-grade? It doesn't make me eager to converse with guys who talk like this, and I certainly have no intention of talking to them on VP if I'll be subjected to sexual comments and requests to strip and masturbate for them. I tell ya, if I met these guys in person and they started making comments about the size of my chest and asking if I use a cell phone on "vibrate" as a dildo, I'd give them a look of disgust and walk away and refuse to speak to them again. And they wonder why they're single? and they think I'm still single because I'm "no fun". Puh-leez.
Just deaf guys? What about hearing guys?

I have no clue as to why some guys are like this. When I was a kid/real young, I have made some inappropriate comments toward women/girls. I learnt from older boys. :roll: This is probably why I don't have many male friends.

Have you, perhaps consider looking into meeting local guys in your area or both, locally and online?

That's typical of internet dating. If you look on dating sites, guys will almost always ask about your breasts, sex, etc. :roll:

Ok - go ahead and blame the whole male section of the human race. Tell me this - why is it so hard to find woman too ? Even the married men needs female freinds. Its not all married men is gonna have sex with every lady we see. Gosh! It just a pain to have female freinds and then introduce to wifes as a freind too. The awkwardness- the jeoulousy - dont get me started. :roll:

I'm more concerned about the fact that people think online dating is a good idea to get into a relationship.

I'm more concerned about the fact that people think online dating is a good idea to get into a relationship.
It worked out wonderfully for me. Some people have reasons for going the internet dating way. Maybe they have little free time; few deaf/HOH in the town they live in; poor vision so they cannot drive. I am glad I met my lady through online service. We have been together over 5 years. Whatever works!

Some guys hide behind the anonymity of the internet to ridicule others. It is the same as cyber bullies and their ilk. It is like walking past the construction sites in the old days. "Whoa honey, want fries with that shake?" "Damn! Baby got Back" and so forth. I guess they figure if you let them insult you, you are desperate and will let them push you around. For many men, that is exactly the type of woman they want, or they want no women at all; therefore, they are still content to be stroking it in the shower.

That's typical of internet dating. If you look on dating sites, guys will almost always ask about your breasts, sex, etc. :roll:

True. Happens all the time...most people online dont really care what they say even if its offensive or insulting anyway. so yea its stupid.

Not my fiance -- even, thou we met through internet datin'. :)

It depends where you are going. Im not the guy who talks about sex and all that bs online with women. You might be going to the wrong places to meet guys.

anywhere that you happen to meet face to face....online relationships are just a waste of time and energy

Trust me, it is not just deaf but hearing men who make crude remarks onlne - they think that it is okay to be so open online. For example last night - someone said "Oh by the way, Im extremely oral" and we just met - I go in response "Do you go up and say that to a woman you just met 5 minutes ago?" He didnt reply....go figures..but it is amazing how this cyberculture is so different from real life! He probably ran to next woman to use the same line on. *rme*

Simply use this as a filtering - granted it wont leave you with much options but one or two decent men is so much better than 100 perverted men who doesnt have social grace online!

PS Women do this too....so we cant just blame on one single gender but BOTH...

Trust me, it is not just deaf but hearing men who make crude remarks onlne - they think that it is okay to be so open online. For example last night - someone said "Oh by the way, Im extremely oral" and we just met - I go in response "Do you go up and say that to a woman you just met 5 minutes ago?" He didnt reply....go figures..but it is amazing how this cyberculture is so different from real life! He probably ran to next woman to use the same line on. *rme*

Simply use this as a filtering - granted it wont leave you with much options but one or two decent men is so much better than 100 perverted men who doesnt have social grace online!

PS Women do this too....so we cant just blame on one single gender but BOTH...

Gemma, it's nice to know that hearing guys can be just as boorish. I've had guys I just met online say things I doubt they'd say to a woman in person. At least not if they don't want a knee in the nuts. :D

I dont believe in online dating sites.

I rather meet girls thru communties such as the deaf community or whatever.

its hard to find a decent guy online since many of them 'online' just want to flirt and maybe get laid cheaply but not a serious relationship.
the annonymity of internet can make them be very obscene and direct towards sexual fantasies
[Unnecessary remark removed by Mod via mobile phone.]

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't be talking to guys like that in the first place. If the guy starts to ask too personal question/being crude and lewd within few minutes of the conversation then I'm done with that guy and I just move on.

Like the OP said. Anyone can make crude remarks and hide behind the screen. It is almost as bad as Road Rage. (hiding behind the wheel of a vehicle)

Comparing that to hiding behind a computer monitor is about the same. People often feel brave ** as my daughter says** To talk SMACK...

Back