Why do people call America FREE when it's not?

For those of you who believe America is not free, I ask this:

Other than complaining, what are you doing about it?

Working to improve the situation?

Planning to move to another country?

Well, at least America is free enough to allow you to complain about freedom without risking your life. :)

For those of you who believe America is not free, I ask this:

Other than complaining, what are you doing about it?

Working to improve the situation?

Planning to move to another country?

Well, at least America is free enough to allow you to complain about freedom without risking your life. :)

Of course, we do have freedom of speech here in America :) It depends on the situation where we are talking.

Also for your question, I would answer "Working to improve the situation" rather than move to other county.

Some women have babies out of wedlock anyway in USA.

Same thing in most countries.

They do have private hospitals. Some poor people in USA can't have
surgery at all because they can't afford it.

yes but the point someone pointed out that in australia they give bonus money to women who have babies.. so that encourage them to have babies out of wedlock.. thats what i mean by that..

and right u are about private hospitals.. i know.. im talking about poor people in general can go to hospital with medicaid and have surgery.. not private hospital anyway..

I don't believe our country ( USA ) is really America. I believe our country is called ....

A M E R I K A !

What are you talking about? Liebling is right. It means America in German. Unless you talking about one of Rammstein's songs, Amerika....

We're free to have as many babies we want to as long we can afford them. IN china, they limit 2 kids per parents due to overpopulation and plus they're communists.

I don't understand how China can be overpopulated, are people in China running out of room or space to live? I thought China is a big land, one of the largest countries.

I don't understand how China can be overpopulated, are people in China running out of room or space to live? I thought China is a big land, one of the largest countries.

Care to explain about China's first world largest population number with over 1 billions, which are about over 3 times USA's population while China's land size are just kinda same as America?

Care to explain about China's first world largest population number with over 1 billions, which are about over 3 times USA's population while China's land size are just kinda same as America?

Well they need to tell the government of Russia to give citizenship to some Chinese or give some pieces of their land to China. Because forcing
women to have abortion is wrong. God gave us this planet to live on.
Why government of China has to decide who should born into
this world or not?

We're not allowed to use our cell phones here in Australia when driving either. It's due to safety concerns, which is fair enough.

America is not a too bad place to live (although I have to say, I've never lived there). It comes 8th in a UN survey of best places to live out of 177 nations UN report on best places to live in the world

Maybe we should count our blessings to live in countries where death in childbirth is not common and where our children do not often die from preventable diseases.

Well they need to tell the government of Russia to give citizenship to some Chinese or give some pieces of their land to China. Because forcing
women to have abortion is wrong. God gave us this planet to live on.
Why government of China has to decide who should born into
this world or not?

Well Russia is very selfish country. Russia is begging us the America to sell the Alaska, Russia refuse to hand those tiny islands near Japan to Japan.

China shouldn't get other country to get involve with China's problem. Countries is just like the people.

For example, what if I lose my glasses, should I blame other my neighbor and take over their land so that I can find a new glasses at their land? Or should I take care of it myself and look around at my home or the car for my glasses? I'd rather to do the last one to take care of myself.

That is what China is trying to do, China just don't want to fight with other countries or pull other countries into China's problem while China can solve it themselves.

We're not allowed to use our cell phones here in Australia when driving either. It's due to safety concerns, which is fair enough.

America is not a too bad place to live (although I have to say, I've never lived there). It comes 8th in a UN survey of best places to live out of 177 nations UN report on best places to live in the world

Maybe we should count our blessings to live in countries where death in childbirth is not common and where our children do not often die from preventable diseases.

Ohh that's it! I am moving to Norway now! Just kidding ;)

Norway, nah, I will move to Australia and get $5,000 bonus pay. I'll keep the money and the baby too. :fingersx:

The world’s best cities are still in Switzerland

A report by Mercer Consulting

3 April 2007:

Zurich and Geneva are the best cities in the world as far as quality of live is concerned, says Mercer Consulting in a survey published in April 2007. Vancouver (Canada) is placed third, followed by Vienna (Austria), Auckland (New Zealand), Düsseldorf (Germany) and Frankfurt (Germany). Paris, London and Madrid are in the lower half of the top-50 table. Overall, Baghdad is not surprisingly the lowest ranking city in the survey.

EIU names Vancouver, Melbourne and Vienna as 'best' cities in the world

Other cities in Europe and Australia continue to dominate the top end of the rankings for overall quality of living. In fact, there are very few changes in the top half of the 2007 table. Auckland and Düsseldorf share joint fifth place and score 107.3 points. Frankfurt and Munich follow with scores of 107.1 and 106.9 respectively. Bern and Sydney both score 106.5 points and share joint 9th place. However, Paris is only ranked 33rd, with London in 39th place. Madrid improved from 45th, in 2006, to 42nd place in 2007. Oslo gains five places at the expense of Dublin, which drops to 27th place.

The analysis is based on an evaluation of 39 quality-of-living criteria for each city including political, social, economic and environmental factors, personal safety and health, education, transport and other public services.

Baghdad remains the world’s least enticing city for expatriates with a score of 14.5. Other low-scoring cities for overall quality of living include Brazzaville in Congo (29.5), Bangui in the Central African Republic (30.6) and Khartoum in Sudan (31).

The survey makes clear that in recent years, the gap between low-ranking and high-ranking cities had widened. “While standards have improved in some regions, there remains a stark contrast between those cities where overall quality of living is good and those experiencing political and economic turmoil,” the authors say.

The world's top cities offering the best quality of life

(New York is the base city with a score of 100 points)

2007 Rank City Country Points

1 Zurich Switzerland 108.1
2 Geneva Switzerland 108.0
3 Vancouver Canada 107.7
4 Vienna Austria 107.7
5 Auckland New Zealand 107.3
6 Düsseldorf Germany 107.3
7 Frankfurt Germany 107.1
8 Munich Germany 106.9
9 Bern Switzerland 106.5
9 Sydney Australia 106.5
11 Copenhagen Denmark 106.2
12 Wellington New Zealand 105.8
13 Amsterdam Netherlands 105.7
14 Brussels Belgium 105.6
15 Toronto Canada 105.4
16 Berlin Germany 105.2
17 Melbourne Australia 105.0
18 Luxembourg Luxembourg 104.8
18 21 Ottawa Canada 104.8
20 Stockholm Sweden 104.7
21 Perth Australia 104.5
22 Montreal Canada 104.3
23 Nürnberg Germany 104.2
24 Calgary Canada 103.6
24 Hamburg Germany 103.6
26 Oslo Norway 103.5
27 Dublin Ireland 103.3
27 Honolulu USA 103.3
29 San Francisco USA 103.2
30 Adelaide Australia 103.1
30 Helsinki Finland 103.1
32 Brisbane Australia 102.8
33 Paris France 102.7
34 Singapore Singapore 102.5
35 Tokyo Japan 102.3
36 Lyon France 101.9
36 Boston USA 101.9
38 Yokohama Japan 101.7
39 London UK 101.2
40 Kobe Japan 101.0
41 Barcelona Spain 100.6
42 Madrid Spain 100.5
42 Osaka Japan 100.5
44 Washington DC USA 100.4
44 Chicago USA 100.4
46 Portland USA 100.3
47 Lisbon Portugal 100.1
48 New York City USA 100.0
49 Milan Italy 99.9
49 Seattle USA 99.9

City Mayors: Best cities in the world (Mercer)

Awesome link, Liebling! Vancouver BC that's only 4 hours from my home... Hmm.... ;)

Europe is too cold for me. I think Australia is warm all the time, right?
Great for suntan?

To solve "long waiting list", why not build more hospitals?

Well maybe need to change that "bonus pay off" law.

What about jobs? Do you guys have good economy? is it easy to
get job there? do they hired deaf people easily? No discrimination?

Good Idea but the problem is Australia want Overseas with Medical Professional skilled migrating to Australia, they are high demand, especially for those who lives in rural countries.

"Baby Bonus Money" - It is because Australia is still under populated in vast country, as it is still very low.

Jobs - its really varied, but I left England for Australia and I found a working job (Public Service working for the Government) within two weeks of my arrival! And my two teenagers, 16 yrs old daughter settled on her second job since she was 15, outside school hours, and my 17 yrs old is still with her same job for 1 year and schooling. She want to quit and apply to join with the Royal Australian Navy soon. I think it is quite tough for deaf people to find jobs than hearing people.

Discrimination - there is a law, sometimes they forgot and slack, that's life.

Resources - Australia the 'lucky country': the past and the future? - 03 August 2004

The Lucky Country

Despite the "Lucky Country", drought is bad here, and frightening for the farmers to make money from cattle and sheeps and wine-growers.

My husband can use his mobile phone whilst driving as he have a car kit microphone handfree phone.

Australian children don't compulsory to have their childhood medicial illness jabs as it is up to parent's decisions, and schools accept children with or without, but when there is outbreak like chicken pox, this child will be taken home until better.

The thing about America is that although we have these freedom guaranteed by our Bills of Right, we live in a culture where too many stupid people make mistakes and want to find people or companies to blame for their mistakes. So, they create lawsuits and waste our taxpayers money suing for their own stupid mistakes, making companies have to pay for something they did not have to do. Then we have to create more and more laws to protect everyone. One of these days, we will have too many laws and our freedoms will feel non-existent. People need to be made accountable for their own stupidity rather than be allowed to make money off their mistakes. Also parents need to take more responsibilities for their children and be more strict than to allow their children grow up quite spoiled thinking they can do anything and get away with anything during troubles. I think it's quite pathetic.

The world’s best cities are still in Switzerland

EIU names Vancouver, Melbourne and Vienna as 'best' cities in the world

2007 Rank City Country Points

1 Zurich Switzerland 108.1
2 Geneva Switzerland 108.0
3 Vancouver Canada 107.7
4 Vienna Austria 107.7
5 Auckland New Zealand 107.3

I wouldn't mind living in Vienna! :thumb:

Back