Why Are Men Dominating the Debate About Birth Control for Women?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You either have morals or you don't.....there is no grey area.
As the matter of fact, people thinking there are grey areas has brought down the morals of America to an all time low.

Yes, WASPMs feel that way.

Not sure if you're backtracking here or if you just made a colossal faux pas in your previous post, but now I see what you are saying. I'll take you at your word on this.

While it would be a nice thing if men and boys had more of a healthy fear and awareness of the consequences when they sexually coerce and harass women (and other men), intimidation seems to be one of the worst forms of prevention, not just with sexual activity, but ANYTHING. (Just look at the situation with Iran.)

No, the answer still is, and always will be, educating and teaching our children respect for one another, and especially for their selves. We cannot pretend we live in a rosey world where it's possible to supress sexual desire (nor should we want to). Sex and sexual disrespect is all around us, from rap songs and movies to beauty pageants and workplaces. We're not going to ever get around that. We can only help to teach our children to be better than ourselves. Sadly, I think we have already failed.

Couldn't have said it better.

They would only understand if they're pragmatically educated about sex and the responsibilities that come with it. Unfortunately, that's what's lacking the most. Sorry but just saying "keep your knees shut" is not the answer.

So was I.

My point was to Banjo"s#189 because I do know that in America there were a few 11-12-13-14 years old girls being married but %-wise that is a small number. Whereas, it is more prevalent overseas.

There are some pervert males who would like to be allow to marry girls this young but here in America, much(MUCH) to our credit, we don't allow this without criminal actions being taken. These men are shamed but they still have a few supporters. Not only should these men be made outcasts, their supporters should also.

They would only understand if they're pragmatically educated about sex and the responsibilities that come with it. Unfortunately, that's what's lacking the most. Sorry but just saying "keep your knees shut" is not the answer.

I totally agree that "keeping your knees shut" is not the answer and a fully explain education is the answer. But fully educating is worthless if people don't take the lessons to mind and heart. Sadly, that is the problem with sex in america....people let it go in one ear and out the other. The urge is stronger that logic because of apathy.

I totally agree that "keeping your knees shut" is not the answer and a fully explain education is the answer. But fully educating is worthless if people don't take the lessons to mind and heart. Sadly, that is the problem with sex in america....people let it go in one ear and out the other. The urge is stronger that logic because of apathy.

Nope, because of biology.

Nope, because of biology.

Biology nplays a part but we know better...otherwise males would be like dogs(hold on ladies...I know you want to scream: THEY ALREADY ARE!!!)

Human males can control our urges and where a strong motiviation influences the population (coming from all sides) they will. As long as the population expresses apathy, they won't.

Biology nplays a part but we know better...otherwise males would be like dogs(hold on ladies...I know you want to scream: THEY ALREADY ARE!!!)

Human males can control our urges and where a strong motiviation influences the population (coming from all sides) they will. As long as the population expresses apathy, they won't.

I find it odd you link apathy with sex. Oh well.

Question ... Financially what is the difference between a Catholic and non-Catholic hospital? Specifically who (or what entity/entities) fund(s) the administration and running of a Catholic hospital?

rolling7 - ok, so according to you, education is useless, free birth control is useless, anyone who has sex is apathetic. women who didn't keep their knees shut got what they deserve. sheesh.

im outta here. any hope for intelligent dialogue is long gone by now.

rolling7 - ok, so according to you, education is useless, free birth control is useless, anyone who has sex is apathetic. women who didn't keep their knees shut got what they deserve. sheesh.

im outta here. any hope for intelligent dialogue is long gone by now.

That is all because no member wants to look at and consider logic. There can be no debate that when people use their upstair brain instead of their downstair brain they think better and there are less consequences.

Applied education is of great use.
Birth control is useful but why does it have to be "free" because ain't nothing in life free.
Apathy has and always will be useless....so why not be vocal and stand up for what is right.

rolling7, do you really think you are the paragon of logic???? Really???? You are just blowing smoke out of your ass and calling it perfume. Yeesh.

That is all because no member wants to look at and consider logic. There can be no debate that when people use their upstair brain instead of their downstair brain they think better and there are less consequences.

Applied education is of great use.
Birth control is useful but why does it have to be "free" because ain't nothing in life free.
Apathy has and always will be useless....so why not be vocal and stand up for what is right.

I think majority of members here look at and consider logic in their debates and arguments. However, the fact is, an argument may be logical without necessarily being true.

rolling7, do you really think you are the paragon of logic???? Really???? You are just blowing smoke out of your ass and calling it perfume. Yeesh.

"Paragon of Logic"

Man, that is perfect.

Question ... Financially what is the difference between a Catholic and non-Catholic hospital? Specifically who (or what entity/entities) fund(s) the administration and running of a Catholic hospital?

This is a good point, I'd like an answer to this question.

I would probably get banned for posting names of MALE hollywood stars that have been caught in a sexual situation with girls under the age of consent, so I'll have to work around that by not posting names.

Several men have been caught and they are still very popular on TV/movies/music because in todays world it is expected and excused.
Taboo, shame and disgrace has nothing to do with Mother Nature, they are manmade products of emotions. So it is up to the population to decide. Once we start showing apathy toward a few, then more and more men decide they can get away with having sex with whomever they please.

Doesn't it say a lot that if a man gets shamed and shunned for having sex, it's only because he had sex with a very young girl (or boy for that matter)?? And some of them even get away with it?

What does that tell you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back