Who's got a Wii and what do you think of it??

Yeah, different people have different preferences.

My friend got the Gamecube version and thought it was better. She's probably one of those who don't like change or don't adapt to changes well.

When she needed help with the game, she asked me to help her out. I kept telling her the wrong direction until I realized that the game was left-handed. (I forgot about left-handed version.) ;)

Yeah, a lot of people prefer the GC version because it felt natural and that the Wii controls felt tacked on.

They're cartoon styles.

The characters used in WiiSports are called Mii's. You customize your Mii in any way you want. You can change the color, style, size, and location of the hair, eyes, beards, mustaches, glasses, hats, etc. It's fun.

Here's more information about the Mii on Wikipedia:

Mii - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They can be transferred to another Wii when you visit a friend. :)

Here are a few examples:

The first is an ordinary female Mii.
The second is a Harry Potter Mii.
The third is Robert DeNiro and Bill Clinton Miis. (from the baseball game)

And you forgot the part that Mii's can be stored in the flash memory in a wii remote for easy transportation. Juat click: "Wii Remote" when the game asks you to pick a Mii. Voila! your Mii will appear on the TV screen.

Sounds like theyve got the games rolling thus far.

But I think I will like Wii because I get to actually have the moving-about experience which translates to excercise if I actually get engrossed into it.
One guy actually made an exercise routine and diet out of it.

Your kidding.

Vampy, what about people that are left handed?? When I use anything made for right handed people - it feels unnatural although it is a right-handed world.

Uh...then you put it in your left hand. Wii Sport have menu where you can switch to whichever hand you use the most.

With Zelda, it does not really matter. You shake your hand and Link will just swing his sword.

I am not sure with FPS or games that use first person sword (shooter). But I am sure they will have menu for people with left hands. Nintendo probably have tested it and realized that not all people are right handed.

The shape of remote is neutral, unlike sometimes when you have to buy mouse designed for left hand because you can't use mouse designed for right hand folks.

ull like the wii. my roommate has one. I thought it was challenging on how to get the wiimote to work. Its fun! she only have 2 games, though. she said she will get more games for it. its connected to my hdtv.

Your kidding.

Vampy, what about people that are left handed?? When I use anything made for right handed people - it feels unnatural although it is a right-handed world.
You can play the game left-handed.

In WiiSports, there's an option where you pick which hand your player uses.

I have one and love it! Highly recommend everyone to get Wii!

But if you want to play online I think you have to get code for game itself, not friend code for mii. I think for each game, you will have to trade code too.

I thought about get Pokemon but I realized that it's not really worth it if you don't have DS and pearl/diamond to go with it. I might rent it to play just for fun and to see what online is like.

I am waiting for the next online game.

I have already posted mine on friend code thread somewhere on this forum.

EDIT: Nevermind I think the thread is gone. Someone need to stick the new thread like they did with xbox and ps3 since there's online games coming this summer.

Should I get the Wii and get it set up for Internet play I'll definitely have to swap friend codes should we get the schedules synchronized to where we could actually play against each other.

A co worker of mine has a Wii and they spend hours playing it everyweekend even though they have only 1-2 games for it. Right now I'm just trying to stash some cash back for a new SUV this fall so it may be closer to November or December before I get my Wii.

Heh. Cool, sometimes other things have to come first. So, I will look forward to play with you someday. ^^

But if you want to play online I think you have to get code for game itself, not friend code for mii. I think for each game, you will have to trade code too.

I thought about get Pokemon but I realized that it's not really worth it if you don't have DS and pearl/diamond to go with it. I might rent it to play just for fun and to see what online is like.

I am waiting for the next online game.

I have already posted mine on friend code thread somewhere on this forum.

EDIT: Nevermind I think the thread is gone. Someone need to stick the new thread like they did with xbox and ps3 since there's online games coming this summer.

No, from what I read, you do use the Friend Codes that you use to exchange messages, and show each other Mii's for online. Trust me, there are a lot of threads on this topic on Gamefaqs.com.

Should I get the Wii and get it set up for Internet play I'll definitely have to swap friend codes should we get the schedules synchronized to where we could actually play against each other.

A co worker of mine has a Wii and they spend hours playing it everyweekend even though they have only 1-2 games for it. Right now I'm just trying to stash some cash back for a new SUV this fall so it may be closer to November or December before I get my Wii.

Yeah you should get a Wii and set it up for Internet Play. This fall you will see a lot of online games coming out.

If you don't have a wireless connection, I also recommend a Wifi LAN Adaptor so you can get online. It plugs in one of the USB ports in the back of the Wii. Retail price: $29..99 from here: http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=802615

or you can order the offical adaptor from Nintendo by following the link below:

Nintendo: Online Store - Product Detail
Or if you have a Windows XP Computer, you can just buy a Wifi USB dongle at any store. It can work with both the DS and Wii.

I highly recommend you buy the Nintendo LAN adaptor... It's a better way to connect to the Internet because you won't need to use the computer just to connect to the Internet on the Wii.

Otherwise, if you have a wireless connection, there's a setting in the Options menu where you can tell it to look for your wireless router then click 'Connect" with the Wiimote.

No, from what I read, you do use the Friend Codes that you use to exchange messages, and show each other Mii's for online. Trust me, there are a lot of threads on this topic on Gamefaqs.com.

So basically friend code work for all online games?

Back