Who's got a Wii and what do you think of it??

Dixie

Farting Snowflakes
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am bouncing the idea around in my head to purchase a Wii sometime in the future.

I know it is still fairly new and so far are there a variety of games available for it?? I tend to like the FF and Zelda games, but I also like the goofy sports games such as Bass Fishin', tennis, football, and the occassional Mario Kart game if I have an actual person to compete with.

I am bouncing the idea around in my head to purchase a Wii sometime in the future.

I know it is still fairly new and so far are there a variety of games available for it?? I tend to like the FF and Zelda games, but I also like the goofy sports games such as Bass Fishin', tennis, football, and the occassional Mario Kart game if I have an actual person to compete with.

It's a great system! I and my friend couldn't stop playing Wii Sports.

If you got wireless router and Wii and then we can play against each other online. :) If there's Wii Mario Kart that has online features then I will definitely buy it!

That is IF they ever got some games to come online. I think Pokemon is going to be the first game that will have online features where people can play against each other.

Wii got VC system where you can download some of older games.

Wii is pretty nice to have. There are probably already 20-30 games for it, if not more. But, BUT there's not many of big name such as Zelda and Mario. There's only one Zelda game and there's already Super Mario Paper out now. They are being released slowly. Website gamefaq is a good site to check out released and future releases along with VC releases. You can check the list to see if you think you should get Wii.

If you liked sport games then Wii is probably for you.

I don't have a Wii yet, but I have played a few games already on my friend's Wii.

So far, I've played... WiiSports (fun game; I love the golf & bowling games), Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (amazing graphics & gameplay), and Super Paper Mario (much better than the prequel; great game).

When I get a Wii, I will be getting those games... plus Super Mario Galaxy. :thumb:

I had a blast with Paper Mario compared to the sort-of disappointing game on GC. It was a blast on N64 though.

I had a blast with Paper Mario compared to the sort-of disappointing game on GC. It was a blast on N64 though.

But Super Paper Mario had a long boring intro. I demoed it at a Gamestop. It took up a good 20 minutes of my time.

Don't buy Twilight Princess,though. You might like the Gamecube version better because of the traditional Ocarina of Time control layout.

Me too! I've beaten the 3rd world. I recently unlocked Luigi. This was last month. I haven't played since... cuz my friend moved back home for the summer. :(

Yeah, I saw the demo for the Gamecube version... blah! That's why I hesitated when it came to trying out the Wii version. After I saw my friend's friend play it... I decided to give it a try at a local Gamestop. Afterwards, I loved it!

Don't buy Twilight Princess,though. You might like the Gamecube version better because of the traditional Ocarina of Time control layout.
Yeah, there are two differences between the Wii and the Gamecube versions.

Gamecube
- Link is left-handed (whole game & map is designed one way)
- controls are traditional

Wii
- Link is right-handed (whole game & map is designed opposite way)
- controls are physical (more hand movements)

What kind of Wii sports? What does it do? Because my fiance want Wii
WiiSports has bowling, tennis, baseball, golf, and boxing.

Bowling: you hold the Wii-mote (like a television remote) and swing your arm as if you were really bowling

Tennis: you hold the Wii-mote (like the handle of a tennis racket) and swing as if you were playing tennis

Baseball: you hold the Wii-mote (like the handle of a baseball bat) and swing as if you were playing baseball

Golf: you hold the Wii-mote (like the handle of a golf club) and swing as if you were playing golf

Boxing: you hold the Wii-mote and the nunchuk (like you're wearing boxing gloves) and you make punching gestures as if you were boxing

Huh TP on Wii is better than on GC. After playing Zelda on Wii it took me a while to hold controller still while playing OoT and did not like have no control over Link like I used to lol.

Bashing the button over again and again for ever is boring after I discover I could move my hands to my desire.

But this is just an opinion, some people will like remote from Wii while other people like regular controller. Feh.

WiiSports has bowling, tennis, baseball, golf, and boxing.

Bowling: you hold the Wii-mote (like a television remote) and swing your arm as if you were really bowling

Tennis: you hold the Wii-mote (like the handle of a tennis racket) and swing as if you were playing tennis

Baseball: you hold the Wii-mote (like the handle of a baseball bat) and swing as if you were playing baseball

Golf: you hold the Wii-mote (like the handle of a golf club) and swing as if you were playing golf

Boxing: you hold the Wii-mote and the nunchuk (like you're wearing boxing gloves) and you make punching gestures as if you were boxing

Sounds good. Are these games looking realistic or just like Nintendo cartoon styles?

Huh TP on Wii is better than on GC. After playing Zelda on Wii it took me a while to hold controller still while playing OoT and did not like have no control over Link like I used to lol.

Bashing the button over again and again for ever is boring after I discover I could move my hands to my desire.

But this is just an opinion, some people will like remote from Wii while other people like regular controller. Feh.
Yeah, different people have different preferences.

My friend got the Gamecube version and thought it was better. She's probably one of those who don't like change or don't adapt to changes well.

When she needed help with the game, she asked me to help her out. I kept telling her the wrong direction until I realized that the game was left-handed. (I forgot about left-handed version.) ;)

Sounds good. Are these games looking realistic or just like Nintendo cartoon styles?
They're cartoon styles.

The characters used in WiiSports are called Mii's. You customize your Mii in any way you want. You can change the color, style, size, and location of the hair, eyes, beards, mustaches, glasses, hats, etc. It's fun.

Here's more information about the Mii on Wikipedia:

Mii - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They can be transferred to another Wii when you visit a friend. :)

Here are a few examples:

The first is an ordinary female Mii.
The second is a Harry Potter Mii.
The third is Robert DeNiro and Bill Clinton Miis. (from the baseball game)

Attachments

• mii.jpg
    mii.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 1
  • harry_potter_mii.jpg
    harry_potter_mii.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 1
  • deniro_clinton_mii.jpg
    deniro_clinton_mii.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 4
Sounds like theyve got the games rolling thus far.

But I think I will like Wii because I get to actually have the moving-about experience which translates to excercise if I actually get engrossed into it.

Yeah, there are two differences between the Wii and the Gamecube versions.

Gamecube
- Link is left-handed (whole game & map is designed one way)
- controls are traditional

Wii
- Link is right-handed (whole game & map is designed opposite way)
- controls are physical (more hand movements)

You said it!

So if I were to make a recommendation, I would say the Gamecube version is a must-buy because the controls on the Gamecube feels more natural here.

Back