who's Ddeaf,Hhoh and hearing here on ADforum?

are you Hoh, Deaf, Hearing?

• Deaf

Votes: 18 47.4%
  • Hoh

Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Hearing

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Hearing but involved with someone who is in option one or two

Votes: 2 5.3%

• Total voters
Hearie/Signer(not in ITP yet) spouse of HOH-w/HA's(like someone else said - only work well in very quiet situations)

Grandbabies, all (ages 9 - 7 - 8mos) ,catching signs of ran256 and I and sign to Papaw when we are out together :aw:

Sorry can't hear you....

Peaceful sleeping without disturb

Comfortable eating and licking the foods off the fingers

Cat screaming or dog barking can't hear

Children screaming out *God, Im glad I don't have to hear their screaming*

Pure Deaf

Is there a way we can do a poll on this? It would be nice to see a chart. Just of the hearing stat, not oralism or signing. I can start the poll but wanted to check first.

At this point I am actually deaf in my left ear and hoh in my right. How would I vote? Twice allowed for the mismatched?

Is there a way we can do a poll on this? It would be nice to see a chart. Just of the hearing stat, not oralism or signing. I can start the poll but wanted to check first.

good idea for the vote poll. (i didn't think about that) but thanks :)

Actually deaf one ear, HOH the other ear. But I voted HOH. I think there is already a poll exactly like this. So :repost: ?

Babyface,

This has been posted many a time, as someone just may bring up the link. Many of us categorize ourselves differently and interchangeably. For example, not all deaf use asl; not all hoh have hearing aids -- same with the deaf, not all have hearing aids. Some hoh use asl, some deaf use straight asl and woe! to the person who doesn't use asl, as they won't bother talking to them, which is to their own disadvantage, especially when they have hearing friends who use asl and, when they go out to eat, expect that person to order for them at the restaurant. Those kind of deafs I personally stay away from.

So, no matter how you slice up the poll, there are differences in all of us and what defines us is open to individual interpretation.

By the way, welcome to alldeaf.com! :welcome:

Mod's Note:

Thread's merged.

Babyface,

This has been posted many a time, as someone just may bring up the link. Many of us categorize ourselves differently and interchangeably. For example, not all deaf use asl; not all hoh have hearing aids -- same with the deaf, not all have hearing aids. Some hoh use asl, some deaf use straight asl and woe! to the person who doesn't use asl, as they won't bother talking to them, which is to their own disadvantage, especially when they have hearing friends who use asl and, when they go out to eat, expect that person to order for them at the restaurant. Those kind of deafs I personally stay away from.

So, no matter how you slice up the poll, there are differences in all of us and what defines us is open to individual interpretation.

By the way, welcome to alldeaf.com! :welcome:

wasnt asking about asl just asking if you are deaf or hoh or hearing

Back