Who Here had Hearing at one time?

B

Buckdodgers

Who did very good with hearing aids but later in life became deaf all the sudden?
I had hearing up to age 39.Then i lost 55 DBs and now i have 95DBs left.I had sudden deafness.When i was age 6 I went from 20DBs to 45 DBs I could still hear but people have to sort of yelling at me to speak to me.Thats when i used a BTE hearing aid and people could talk to me normal tone.Docs think i lost my hearing due to measles or a Flu.And when i heard out of hearing aid my ENT man told me not to wear my hearing aid if i attend to a Rock Concert but i Loved KISS!! ENT man said if youre going to a KISS concert take your hearing aid out and you might still be able to hear the music and WOW i did without the aid.The amplifiers have 110DBs which is LOUD!! without my aid i heard music beautifuly.So who had a BTE hearing aid and heard beautifuly at one time?

Hi, Lost the hearing in one ear around age 26. Then lost hearing in other ear just last year at age 48. Total hearing loss.

I lost my left hearing about 4 years ago due to ringing in my ear...it caused to ring if I put hearing aid on..sigh...but with my right hearing...it is starting to ring little bit...Im supposed to get new hearing aid soon...

I love wearing hearing aids but this is sucks when you lose your hearings..

Buckdodgers said:
Who did very good with hearing aids but later in life became deaf all the sudden?
Eh? You're asking for those of us who wore hearing aids before we became deaf? :dunno:

Me born Deaf Profound deaf.. but did wear hearing aid but my boyfriend born hearing until age 5 became hard of hearing he can hear little but not 100% so I wish i can hear but i dont :( oh well someday u never know became a new tech to become hearing.. LOL but i know it will never happens cuz i born deaf cuz of german measle!

maybe he's asking if people were good hearing aid users, and had progressive loss?

I was born hearing until 11 months old when I was suddenly hit by spinal mengitits. Lost my hearing at about 80 db loss until after college I was tested. I currently now have between 110-120 db loss in both ears. I recently brought powerful digital hearing aids and they have been great help! I don't know what I would do without these hearing aids. I don't mind wearing without them but I have grown to appreciate sound with its meanings.

I born hearing until I became 3 years old, I became deaf but I did wear the hearing aids and I hate them ALOT. But right now, I could try the hearing aids but MONEY...:dunno:

Buckdodgers said:
Vamp not all of us are born deaf ya know.Geeze :roll:
What's that supposed to mean?

You asked which of us did good with hearing aids and then became deaf.

Sorry Vamp,I should have made it simple.I mean for example you heard fine perfectly fine when you were a child and then all the sudden you lost a few decibels.Like 20DBs is normal excellent hearing right? Then when people have to talk loud to you thats around 40-45 DBs Thats what happend to me at between ages 5-6. My Parents noticed they have to yell at me to get my attention.Then mom took me to an ENT doctor.They said i have a mild hearing loss.Then i wore a hearing aid so people can talk to me at a normal voice instead of them yelling.Then before i turned 40 i had a sudden deafness that took the rest of my hearing away around 95DBs.Thats what im talking about.

I was born hearing and now deaf, but mine was a slow, gradual loss. I didn't know I was losing hearing until sometime around age 30, but now I can remember certain events that make me think I probably started losing it in my teens, maybe earlier. The loss started in the high frequencies; now I still have some low frequency hearing (at 250 & 500) but above that my loss is around 95-110 dB.

neecy said:
I went deaf when I was 9 from meningococcal meningitis

WHAT! Wow holy shit! This is a very deadly disease! Didn't you lose any of your limbs or anything? :shock:

I was born with bilateral hearing, and became unilaterally deaf at the age of 5 from meningitis. Very, very lucky in a way—by all rights I should have lost both ears. The amazing thing is that one ear is completely dead with absolutely zero residual hearing, and the other ear has normal hearing! Go figure. :|

I am HOH.
I cant hear high pitches mostly.Phone,things like that.
Or I miss letters when people say things like if someone said Hair.I might hear the word air.
I think I may have made it worse when I was younger going to so many concerts.LOL
Evette

Back