Who has Hearing Ear Dog?

gimbragreen

Reaction score
I have a hearing ear Dog. She is Jack Russel Terrier. Her name is Lilly.

Some time she did woke me up when alarm clock sound in morning time.

Last year in the fall time, Lilly jumped over my bed when I did sleep night time about 1:00 AM. I woke up and I saw a flash light fire alarm. She is doing well. She saved me my life. Very good girl dog!

Do you have a hearing ear dog?

Last edited:
What happend to the fire alarm, did your house caught fire or what?

What happend to the fire alarm, did your house caught fire or what?

Good Question....

Somebody pulled down fire alarm at 1:00 AM. She can heard sound from fire alarm and she jumped on the bed. (I can't heard sound) I woke up and we must run downstairs. Until ground floor and then we must go to outside. Few minute waiting. I saw fire truck arrived here. Firemen checked up any fire. But there were no fire. I believe false fire alarm.

I am very proud my dog Lilly. She must listen any sound.

Interesting, maybe a faulty with the fire alarm of yours, perhaps?

I have two little dogs. Not certified, but they certainly perform that function.

I have two little dogs. Not certified, but they certainly perform that function.

Certification is not required or mandatory under The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA).

I have a hearing dog, Snickers, a female Akita-German Shepherd, been on duty since early-spring 2002, may retire this year and remain a house dog.

Certification is not required or mandatory under The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA).

I have a hearing dog, Snickers, a female Akita-German Shepherd, been on duty since early-spring 2002, may retire this year and remain a house dog.

Try to ask to get another one a new hearing ear dog. Good Luck!

I have a dog, he's a Jack Russel, he's hearing dog but not for the deaf!! LOL... He can tell me if door bell goes, people opening gate, smoke alarm, wake me up if he's not happy with something (one night he woke me up as my cat were not well she was crying alot) He growls if not happy with person at front door which is usually men, (i am single female and i live alone) He looks at me then runs to the door if he needs toilet. He NEVER barks when i am alone.... does he know i can't hear.

If you know/love your dog very well/much they will be very loyal to you...

I have a dog, he's a Jack Russel, he's hearing dog but not for the deaf!! LOL... He can tell me if door bell goes, people opening gate, smoke alarm, wake me up if he's not happy with something (one night he woke me up as my cat were not well she was crying alot) He growls if not happy with person at front door which is usually men, (i am single female and i live alone) He looks at me then runs to the door if he needs toilet. He NEVER barks when i am alone.... does he know i can't hear.

If you know/love your dog very well/much they will be very loyal to you...

Same my dog.
Look my picture...

http://hedhunters.org/smf/index.php?action=mgallery;sa=item;id=49

Yes, she never bark except bad Jack Terrier and Lilly fight to bark each other.

Do you have a hearing ear dog?

My dog is a demo dog to help me teach other people to train their own service dogs! She is just now learning to do 2 way sound alerts. She is a miniature pinscher/cattle dog mix. You can see Jessie on my how to videos!

I'm looking at getting us a dog... not a true 'hearing dog' but a real companion dog for Adam... the vet suggested a Terrier or a Golden Retriever...

I want a dog that's good w/kids (he's a rough and tumble boy) so she'd have to put up w/him climbing on her, etc... what I envision is a "Lassie" type of relationship... where she helps keep him out of danger~~ Adam also has seizures and when he gets a little older I want him to have a 'companion' that can alert me if he has one-- like if they're playing in the back yard or something... if I'm not right there... almost like a body guard LOL

I think 'she' would have to be a self trained dog too, b/c at this time I dont really need her to alert me of things like the doorbell (except mine is really soft) or things like that but more to know when he's in trouble...

So I'm starting to search for a QUAILTY breeder-- think we're leaning to the Golden Retriever as I've had one before and know they can be trained to be calm and 'polite' lol

Yes. Her name is Holly. She is a Shepherd/Chow mix. She is very good. I have trained her to wake me and to alert me for the door. 2 Easters ago she protected me from a burgler. Person tried to break in the door. I did not hear it until Holly alerted me. I go to the door and see Holly jumping high at the peep hole. She slammed the door with her body. She was roaring (yes roaring) and growling. I heard a man voice, but believe me, they went away! I did not call police because I thought it was my college student neighbors home from the bar and had wrong door. No - they were out of town I found out later. Also later found out that many houses and cars were robbed and damaged that night. I was alone, except for my Holly angel. I love my pound puppy. She is so sweet and pretty. She has a big heart and a big bark. I spoil her toooo much.

Yes. Her name is Holly. She is a Shepherd/Chow mix. She is very good. I have trained her to wake me and to alert me for the door. 2 Easters ago she protected me from a burgler. Person tried to break in the door. I did not hear it until Holly alerted me. I go to the door and see Holly jumping high at the peep hole. She slammed the door with her body. She was roaring (yes roaring) and growling. I heard a man voice, but believe me, they went away! I did not call police because I thought it was my college student neighbors home from the bar and had wrong door. No - they were out of town I found out later. Also later found out that many houses and cars were robbed and damaged that night. I was alone, except for my Holly angel. I love my pound puppy. She is so sweet and pretty. She has a big heart and a big bark. I spoil her toooo much.

You're lucky to have her to protect you. You should be proud.

I'm looking at getting us a dog... not a true 'hearing dog' but a real companion dog for Adam... the vet suggested a Terrier or a Golden Retriever...

I want a dog that's good w/kids (he's a rough and tumble boy) so she'd have to put up w/him climbing on her, etc... what I envision is a "Lassie" type of relationship... where she helps keep him out of danger~~ Adam also has seizures and when he gets a little older I want him to have a 'companion' that can alert me if he has one-- like if they're playing in the back yard or something... if I'm not right there... almost like a body guard LOL

I think 'she' would have to be a self trained dog too, b/c at this time I dont really need her to alert me of things like the doorbell (except mine is really soft) or things like that but more to know when he's in trouble...

So I'm starting to search for a QUAILTY breeder-- think we're leaning to the Golden Retriever as I've had one before and know they can be trained to be calm and 'polite' lol

A Golden Retriever would be a good match for him. A friend of mine who I'm staying in her spare room in California when I move there has one and is a good friend of Snickers. He's truly a "lap dog" in the very sense of the word and that breed would definately help your boy.

Wow!

Yes. Her name is Holly. She is a Shepherd/Chow mix. She is very good. I have trained her to wake me and to alert me for the door. 2 Easters ago she protected me from a bugler. Person tried to break in the door. I did not hear it until Holly alerted me. I go to the door and see Holly jumping high at the peep hole. She slammed the door with her body. She was roaring (yes roaring) and growling. I heard a man voice, but believe me, they went away! I did not call police because I thought it was my college student neighbors home from the bar and had wrong door. No - they were out of town I found out later. Also later found out that many houses and cars were robbed and damaged that night. I was alone, except for my Holly angel. I love my pound puppy. She is so sweet and pretty. She has a big heart and a big bark. I spoil her toooo much.

Wow! A wonderful dog! Superdog!

She is my friend. She just knows .. I love her. She doesn't care if I don't hear. She noses and nudges me for attentions. She is so pretty. Looks like a red german shepherd with small floppy ears. She doesn't care for others, I think she learned distrust before she was in the pound. She likes our family and all children. Thank you all very much for the nice compliments about her.

Back