Which gets more attention? Burning the Holy Bible or The Koran?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't this a religious discussion?

Wirelessly posted

Got nothing to do with political correctness.

Minorities are always louder than the majority, hence the term: "silent majority."

Wirelessly posted

Nice way of omitting the rest of the quote, rendering the first sentence void.

Wirelessly posted

rockdrummer said:
Yep... More double standards.

I don't see it as double-standards. The way Americans complain about Muslims is quite similar to how Canadians complain about First Nations here. Yes, Canadians do complain about "special rights" and "exemptions" natives are granted.

The article clearly show that the majority are not on the same footings as minority groups. if we are not sensitive to the cries of minorities, we would be living in a populist society through democratic dictatorship where ethnocide runs rampage.

Last edited:
It's really two separate two-part questions.

1. Which action gets more coverage by the media?
Why?

2. Which action gets you personally more upset?
Why?

Why?
You've been doing this kind of field for many years so what do you think why's that?

Why?
both. because it's offensive and ignorant.

Sure, it is double standards. It's also political correctness run amok, too.

Can't we all just agree to burn Harlan Corben books? That guy is horrible.

Wirelessly posted

Reba said:
It's really two separate two-part questions.

Why?

Why?

1) It generate publicity and it's easier to prey on the sympathy or empathy of people in the name of "oppression."

2) Theorically, both should offend me, but in application? I have been de-sensitivized to Bible burnings over the years. The Qu'ran? It is a relatively new thing (to me) to burn them, so of course I would be more vocal on the issue.

You've been doing this kind of field for many years so what do you think why's that?
The common saying in the press world is, "If it bleeds, it leads." That is, the more sensational a story is, the more likely it will get more attention.

Since the burning of Korans is more likely to have violent repercussions than burning Bibles would, the Koran story gets more coverage.

both. because it's offensive and ignorant.
True that.

Why is the act of burning offensive. Is blowing either bible/koran up equally as offensive? Is shredding them as well?

Why fire?

it's the act of destroying and desecrating it in any manner that makes it offensive.

Fire is symbolic...... for both a painful, vengeful end and purifying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back