Which famous author do you write like? A fun site tells you which one.

deafskeptic

Premium Member
Reaction score
Here's the link. I copied and pasted some of my posts on AD into that site and I got J.R.R Tolkien. That came as a surprise to me cuz I thought my prose was similar to Stephen King.

Have fun with this site!

I write like James Joyce. I know of the person, but I have to research just what he wrote LOL.

OMGs, I found out that James Joyce wrote Finnegans Wake. WOW I feel really good now lol

I couldn't get the link to work, dang it! Must just be my computer. I'll try again later.

Slow Night so I will tell you a story
This evening, I went to eat in a restaurant with my stepmother and my older daughter. As often happens in a gathering with me , some speech and some sign takes place.

About halfway through the meal I noticed an older man of about seventy years having dinner with his wife, but also managing to keep his eyes locked on me.
I admit to being a snappy dresser, and you all know I have good looking earmolds, but I feel a quick perusal should be enough for anyone. So I gave him my sternest look, but he was not deterred.

At last he sauntered toward the front while his wife searched her purse for the tip. Then he came slowly back and sort of paused as he reached us, so we got a good view of what looked like new Oticon Go or some mild loss BTE. Then on back to his table where he picked up his piece of boxed pie.

He told my daughter as he passed us again how sad he would have been had he forgotten the pie.

I thought he really just wanted to show us he had hearing aids too and was part of the club. I think if he had courage he would have raised a fist to the air and screamed "Deaf Power."

No moral to this story, but it is a boring night and he was a cute little old man.

That is something I posted some time ago.

The site compares it to Stephen King. :hmm:

I pasted one of my blogs........I got Dan Brown. I guess I will have to read one of his books to decide if I am offended......:lol:

I used my last post and got Cory Doctorow. Never heard of him so I'm off to google

LOL I used the post where I got James Joyce......and now I am writing like Vladimir Nabokov. weird lol

LOL I used the post where I got James Joyce......and now I am writing like Vladimir Nabokov. weird lol

I tried again and still get Stephen King.

I wonder if it needs a long writing sample, or if it just cycles through authors and I got King twice by coincidence. :dunno:

I used a bunch of other posts and they all come up with Kurt Vonnegut.

I put in a small section of the beginning of a book I am writing and got Edgar Allan Poe

Apparently I write like like David Foster Wallace. Ugh, his writing makes me want to slit my wrists.

:hmm: Well, he did go and off himself a year or two ago...

I just did it again......It says I write like Souggy.... :confused:

I used this: Posted in war and politics

"When you become a lightning rod for divisive thinking, there will be someone out there that wants you gone. Why is this so repugnant; because you like him? I recall another Conservative on this forum gloating that Senator Byrd passed away. I noticed you did not express outrage..."

And my results are: I write like Stephen King :shock:

I got that I write like Chuck Palahniuk. Never heard of him so I looked him up, he wrote "Fight Club" that was turned into a movie. Go figure.

Charles Dickens.
Dan Brown.
Ursula K. Le Guin.
David Foster Wallace.
James Joyce.

The list goes on and on.

It can't make up its mind.

Back