Where's the Jeep Patriot?

last model year for Cherokee is 2002, Liberty is the cherokee successor. wWrangler will NEVER stop production because there is die hard wrangler fans out there. I may be a diehard wrangler fan! Jusat got my first wrangler!!! Will pick it up this Saturday.

That's Great ! I'm sure that you will have
loads of FUN with Wrangler (They'd better
keep that name "Wrangler" forever :)

Also FYI the Jeep Compass share the same motor, tranny and frame with the Patriot and the Dodge Caliber. The best thing about the Patriot is that its "Trail-Rated" unlike the Compass. The "Trail-rated" designation means that the Patriot can conquer the Rubicon Trail like the GC, Liberty, Wrangler and Commander.

Right now they just started building Patriots at the factory last December. So for now it may be tough to find one at a dealer.

Jeep Patriot Blog: Jeep Patriot Finally Goes Into Production

I think the factory is gone full tilt cause they gotta keep up with the demand on the Caliber and Compass (both built in the same factory with the Patriot)

Right now I'm searching the used car classifieds for a Grand Cherokee, Exploder, or a S-Blazer. Most likely it may be the Grand Cherokee that gets my nod cause of the 4.0 straight-6 banger being more tougher than the 4.0 Ford and 4.3 Chevy motors. I'm pretty much disappointed that DCX stopped building the Jeep 6 banger and replaced it with the 3.7 V6. I'd love to get a Patriot but at 15,000 a pop, its too much on my poor wallet.

Our local Jeep dealer finally got one Patriot in. I test drove it yesterday.

It's very nice. It's similar to the Cherokee, with updates. The only model they had was basic, with the smaller engine. I hope to try other versions as they get them. I'd like to try the Limited, with the larger engine. There is also a 4x4 version that I'd like to try.

They finally have brochures for the Patriot, so I picked up one of those. The salesmen were having a "class" about the Patriot while we there. They only had one "sample" Patriot, and it was in the showroom but our salesman let us take it out. :P

Good for you!

Our local Jeep dealer finally got one Patriot in. I test drove it yesterday.

It's very nice. It's similar to the Cherokee, with updates. The only model they had was basic, with the smaller engine. I hope to try other versions as they get them. I'd like to try the Limited, with the larger engine. There is also a 4x4 version that I'd like to try.

They finally have brochures for the Patriot, so I picked up one of those. The salesmen were having a "class" about the Patriot while we there. They only had one "sample" Patriot, and it was in the showroom but our salesman let us take it out. :P

Good for you that you have your chance to test drive a Patriot. They delayed production till last December as I recall. That class you were talking about is for salespeople? If yes, that is typical when new models arrive at dealerships, they take a class to learn what is new or what is available for the vehicles they are about to sell from that day on. I used to be in auto sales back in 01. I had a class for several new models that came out that year such as the new 02 Jeep Patriot that replaced Cherokee, DaeWoo models (strange, it was in its final year of sales in US), and a couple of Isuzu models. I used to sell Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Isuzu, DaeWoo, Infiniti, and used brands under this chain of dealership. I was an Internet Automobile Sales Consultant.

I have seen Patriots and should have try test drive that one before buy my Wrangler! Wrangler is nice, and I believe it is one of last 4.0L engine made of cast iron, it would last forever, and can stand the heat.

Back