Where I've been...

I can't say specifically what I did, except that I bumped it and it bruised. From there, it broke down into an open wound. I have been to the doctor and was told NOT to use peroxide. It actually will damage healthy tissue that's starting to regenerate. In lieu of peroxide, I've been treating the wound with Silvadene or Silver Nitrite. It's an antimicrobial ointment that also promotes healing by tissue regeneration. I'm also finishing up a course of cipro.

bold prints TRUE. It actually does damages the healthy tissues. Causing the wound to be open again and prevents it to resist infections more.

I am sorry that you are going through this again. I hope you have a speedy recovery that doesn't require future measures. I will be keeping you in my thoughts, Oceanbreeze.

:hug:

bold prints TRUE. It actually does damages the healthy tissues. Causing the wound to be open again and prevents it to resist infections more.

I am sorry that you are going through this again. I hope you have a speedy recovery that doesn't require future measures. I will be keeping you in my thoughts, Oceanbreeze.

:hug:

thank you!

I have good news, though. The wound is starting to heal. Its smaller than it was and no longer infected. I finished my cipro on Wed, too. Will go back to the doctor on March 10th.

thank you!

I have good news, though. The wound is starting to heal. Its smaller than it was and no longer infected. I finished my cipro on Wed, too. Will go back to the doctor on March 10th.

I am so happy to hear that Ocean! :hug:

I have been thinking about ya! :)

thank you!

Great! Just be alert for any new signs of inflammation between now and your doctor's appt. But I'm sure you already know that!:giggle:

Great! Just be alert for any new signs of inflammation between now and your doctor's appt. But I'm sure you already know that!:giggle:

I do! But, thank you. :)

I'm just glad to be off the pain med. I no longer need it now and I'm glad. I couldn't function.

thank you!

Thanks for the update and good news. :) I hope the doctor has more good news for you on the 10th.

Glad to hear that you are doing great. I will go to church tomorrow morning, to pray for you. Please keep us posted how's your appointment went. :hug:

I have been remiss about updating and I apologize!

Good news! The infection is GONE and the wound is closing!! I also DON'T have to go back to see the surgeon again unless the wound stops healing. I'm to just continue doing what I have been until it heals. :)

Back