Votes: 3 15.8%
  • At the ballpark

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Right at home

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Other

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
My dad has a smoker. We use it to smoke shrimp, chicken, burgers, hot dogs, bratwursts, and sausages. DELICIOUS!

They're so good that I eat them without adding anything like mayo, ketchup, mustard, etc. :)

I eat them at home. That's the only way I can make sure they are all beef or the Kosher ones. Also, it's the only way I can make sure it's on a dairy-free bun.

Oh, the brats at Home Depot are awesome. We also grill beer soaked brats when we tailgate.

Are brats the only meat best cooked in beer?

What makes them taste better?

That is the only one I have tried. I have heard of BBQ cooked in beer.

The beer seems to make the brats much juicier which brings out more flavor. We soak ours overnight the night before.

That is the only one I have tried. I have heard of BBQ cooked in beer.

The beer seems to make the brats much juicier which brings out more flavor. We soak ours overnight the night before.
I'll have to try that sometimes.

I have mixed beer in BBQ sauce before glazing it on my chicken or pork. It is good too. Never tried it with Hotdog. :hmm:

I'm hungry now....and tempted to make the three hour drive to James Coney Island

I chose restaurant, as I do like A&W Coney dog Tuesday, when they are on a cheap sale.

But I like Hebrew National hot dogs at home also.

And Hebrew National makes a good low fat hotdog. It is in the green packaging.

I only brought Hebrew National hotdogs for my daughter . They made turkey hot dog too, but I can't find them where I shop..

I only brought Hebrew National hotdogs for my daughter . They made turkey hot dog too, but I can't find them where I shop..

I haven't seen turkey hotdogs from Hebrew National. They are the only hotdogs I buy.

I haven't seen turkey hotdogs from Hebrew National. They are the only hotdogs I buy.

I saw them at Shaw's a couple of times , I don't think people like them as much as the beef one. I shop at Market Bucket because it a lot cheaper than Shaw's.
We only have these 2 stores in my city.

Vote other.. I perfer chicken or turkey hot dog at home! :)

I hate turkey or chicken dogs. But i love 100% Pure beef ones. Bison Dogs are very expensive. Wouldnt buy it

There is a dime-a-dog night once a month durin baseball season in Columbus.(triple a minor team) I only went once b/c the lines are pathetic. I do like to eat hot dogs at the stadium and I eat them anywhere.

Lol, I come on the site and the first thead is this one, and against my better judgement I opened it and first picture was a mouthwatering hot dog. Damn, low sodium diets!!

Everyone enjoy a hot dog for me

I really ought to try one of the street vendors in DC. I've heard good things.

Best hotdogs are Nieman Ranch, pan roasted in a cast iron skillet. Hebrew National also make excellent hotdogs. Only go with Kosher hotdogs, otherwise you get all the chopped up organs, rectums, lips, etc. of the animal. Kosher dogs only use quality cuts of meat from the animal.

I find that grilling hotdogs makes them split and crack and lose all their juiciness and a good portion of their flavor. I'll still do that for a group bbq, since weenies on a grill is a time-tested crowd pleaser, but it's not my first choice of methods to cook them. In Germany, the street vendors fry the hotdogs in shallow oil. Nom nom nom nom

For bratwursts, I smoke them at low, indirect heat (250-275F) for 3 hours. I put beer, onion, and sausage in the water pan over the charcoal. A subtle flavor is imparted from these ingredients, but it's the smoke that makes them divine. I can't wait for warm weather and bbq season to start!!!

Alex whats the best way to cook the hot dog for best taste? On a roller,Fire grill, in water,In beer or what?

Back