What's your dinner tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to the rain, I cooked something a little more appetizing this evening. I baked some orange roughy with parsley and lemon, and steamed kabobs with bell peppers, red onion, cherry tomatoes, squash, zuccini, and scallops in between! All this will definitely carry over to lunch tomorrow after a nice jog to the pier tomorrow! :)

Tavern burgers & tater tots... it was a busy day

Salisbury steak TV dinner and a bowl of Total cereal. My daughter texted me there was a guy shooting randomly in our neighborhood and not to leave home.

I turned out to be just one guy holed up in an apartment who murdered his ex-wife. Then he shot one of the police who showed up to try to take him into custody.

It lasted for hours, but the hostage negotiator finally got him to surrender.

Pozole, refried beans w/ cheese and corn tortilias :)

Botts, so glad that you are ok. That must have been scary. We moved here to get away from that type of crime. The Pizza Hut across from us in the last city, Denton, the Pizza Hut bandit was shot dead there, a man was stabbed behind the South American cafe half a block down. Just examples of why we moved. I miss Denton though. There was a small deaf community, although I was just hoh then.
I know you like where you are from some of your prior posts and this is not your usual night. Just glad that you are fine.

Hubby has been gone so I've not cooked for myself. I did venture a short trip to Taco Bell tonight. I tried their new Black Jack taco. Looks odd, tastes great. I had my usual crunchy tacos (2). They were very good. I will go back for more of the black tacos before they stop selling them I think. There is a nice young fella who is so helpful. He gestures and has basic signing skills. He always comes to the front to help me when he sees me. He smiles and looks into my eyes, not just looks annoyed like the others.

We have great Mexican places here, but I dont like to try to eat out alone. Odd that way.

Souggy, I think I was both! Who woulda thought that cute old lady would hurt ya that much???

Botts, so glad that you are ok. That must have been scary. We moved here to get away from that type of crime. The Pizza Hut across from us in the last city, Denton, the Pizza Hut bandit was shot dead there, a man was stabbed behind the South American cafe half a block down. Just examples of why we moved. I miss Denton though. There was a small deaf community, although I was just hoh then.
I know you like where you are from some of your prior posts and this is not your usual night. Just glad that you are fine.

Hubby has been gone so I've not cooked for myself. I did venture a short trip to Taco Bell tonight. I tried their new Black Jack taco. Looks odd, tastes great. I had my usual crunchy tacos (2). They were very good. I will go back for more of the black tacos before they stop selling them I think. There is a nice young fella who is so helpful. He gestures and has basic signing skills. He always comes to the front to help me when he sees me. He smiles and looks into my eyes, not just looks annoyed like the others.

We have great Mexican places here, but I dont like to try to eat out alone. Odd that way.

Souggy, I think I was both! Who woulda thought that cute old lady would hurt ya that much???
I am fine. It was really unusual.

Last night's dinner was while me and sister was shopping!! We went to Exchange Bar and Grill, an American food place.

I had Marinara Meatball Ciabatta!!

Tonight was Rosemary turkey with locally picked green beans and hearty sweet potatoes. Ah, that hit the spot!!

We had turkey, baked sweet potatoes with brown sugar and cinnamon topping, and cranberry sauce.

I will be thoroughly sick of this menu by January, but these foods are so cheap right now! :lol:

Yum! I never get tired of thanksgiving food.

I cooked a ham. I also baked turtle brownies but I haven't eaten them yet.

Me too. These are my favorites. It is one reason why I cook at the house every year. I must have the leftovers. Turkey soup, crepes, sandwiches.... pardon... where is that napkin? mmmm

Tonight was beef tips with brown mushroom gravy over rice, plain baked sweet potato, and hubbys antipasto salad with tea and apple pie with extra cinnamon.

There is a reason that DIET begins with D.. I.. E..... (chuckle)

Tonight was burgers & fries. I regret eating as many fries as I did.

Bad news--the brownies didn't turn out right. I'm going back to my standard made-from-scratch recipe. Even bad brownies are better than no brownies at all, I guess.

Bad news--the brownies didn't turn out right. I'm going back to my standard made-from-scratch recipe. Even bad brownies are better than no brownies at all, I guess.

((bloodcurdling scream)) NoOoooOOooO!! Not the brownies :eek:

Loghead, you had reason to celebrate due to good scores. Congratulations!

Sallylou, no, no, awww..... quick - hide them under ice cream!! No one will ever know... hehehe

I'm thinking eggplant parmesan with angel hair pasta sounds good tonight...hmmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back