What's your dinner tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to get my strength back after the flu last week, so I fixed a pot roast, potatoes, carrots, and corn and invited my nephew and his daughter to come eat with me.

At the mall, in a break in our walk, I consumed a healthy sub full of vegetable, one piece swiss cheese,and a small amount of turkey. Baked chips. Diet soda.

Maybe a little more healthy in two years from now.

Take out spaghetti with meatballs and garlic bread.

Trying to get my strength back after the flu last week, so I fixed a pot roast, potatoes, carrots, and corn and invited my nephew and his daughter to come eat with me.

Eat a lot of oranges!

And cayenne pepper will get you back on your feet. I am not kidding!

Eat a lot of oranges!

And cayenne pepper will get you back on your feet. I am not kidding!

Just bought a 5 lb crate of mandarin oranges, and I love cayenne pepper. I have never heard that it will help recovery from the flu, but I will certainly try it. Thanks for the suggestions.

Well, it doesn't really help with the flu itself, but it does clear the sinuses among other things.

Normally when I am sick, and is unable to make a lot of food-- I just run down the grocery store and buy about a month supply worth of food that had cayenne pepper in them (ie. kimchis, raymun, borscht.) Works everytime with colds and flus.

Well, it doesn't really help with the flu itself, but it does clear the sinuses among other things.

Normally when I am sick, and is unable to make a lot of food-- I just run down the grocery store and buy about a month supply worth of food that had cayenne pepper in them (ie. kimchis, raymun, borscht.) Works everytime with colds and flus.

Yeah, I think the worst part is trying to get over this exhaustion. Walking to the bathroom makes me tired!:giggle: But, I do love Cajun recipes. I'll have to check out the frozen section in the grocery tomorrow.

Yeah, I think the worst part is trying to get over this exhaustion. Walking to the bathroom makes me tired!:giggle: But, I do love Cajun recipes. I'll have to check out the frozen section in the grocery tomorrow.

Oh don't you dare.... eww.. Make your own spices gal.. I know you can do it..

Frozen section???:barf:....

Perhaps the Fries... I can go for that.. but... other than that... groooosssss..

Oh don't you dare.... eww.. Make your own spices gal.. I know you can do it..

Frozen section???:barf:....

Perhaps the Fries... I can go for that.. but... other than that... groooosssss..

Oh, yeah. Usually I don't even go down the frozen isle except for ice cream.:giggle: But the thought of having to cook right now makes me too tired to eat!:giggle:

went to dinner w/husband and folks and I ordered baked tilapia w/salsa and a double order of broccoli to sub for the side of rice<white> that usually comes w/the fish in that meal, and salad with gaucamole in place of dressing.

jillio:aw:hope u feel better soon!

Oh, yeah. Usually I don't even go down the frozen isle except for ice cream.:giggle: But the thought of having to cook right now makes me too tired to eat!:giggle:

I only go to the frozen section for ethnic food...

Like frozen flying fish... at a few Caribbean places... and flash-frozen tofu.

omg...my ex mother inlaw who was great with home remedies convinced me to snort cayenne pepper. Yes, I was foolish enough to trust her. I was foolish. Did it work? Yes. Very well. Did it hurt? Like napalm to the brain. The headache went away within 5 minutes, the sinuses drained insanely. I really did feel better after it stopped hurting. lol at myself! She was kinda evil, I was sooo stupid. Oh, and the rush was akin to an illegal substance.... it was crazy.

Jillio, hope you feel better soon, and the cayennes are much better taken orally - lol.

Tonights food was rattatouille, steamed white rice and a huge whole wheat roll with a pat of real butter. mmmm

I would like to state how much I appreciate individual frozen foods.

Clarence Birdseye was a genius.

On the rare occasions we ate in our home during my childhood, my stepmother would allow me to have a Kids tv dinner. Which was was better that today.

It had two meat courses, like a hamburger and a hotdog and an envelope of chocolate to mix in your milk. Nostalgia.

Found an image of a tv dinner of my childhood era.

3260930850_4f54cf1f19.jpg

Thanks everyone for the get well wishes. I am doing better. It is just not happening as quickly as I would like. I am impatient about some things!:giggle:

had spaghetti and fried shrimps. fell asleep and had a long nap. Woke up and was very hungry. Ate some french bread - oh 'cuse me.. i mean french baguette and butter.

ah... good to have a multi-cultural palate....

Thanks everyone for the get well wishes. I am doing better. It is just not happening as quickly as I would like. I am impatient about some things!:giggle:

have some oysters!

YUCK! but I read that it helps combat against flu

have some oysters!

YUCK! but I read that it helps combat against flu

Actually, I like oysters. But I never can remember...are you supposed to eat them in the months with "r" in them, or not eat them in the months with "r" in them? I always get confused!:P

Actually, I like oysters. But I never can remember...are you supposed to eat them in the months with "r" in them, or not eat them in the months with "r" in them? I always get confused!:P

I....... have no idea :dizzy:

I think nowadays... with oysters coming around all over the world, there is no reason for grocery stores to have bad oysters or oysters affected by red tide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back