What's your dinner tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a salad and ice cream.

Yes....homemade pies.

I have diiferent burger categories

In n Out is the best chain burger.

Best all around there is a tie for first. A place in Crowley Tx. called Nicky D's....it's in a gas station. It's worth the skipped heartbeats.

The other place is in Cleburne TX and as far as I know it doesn't have a name.... Everyone just says that shack by the downtown church. Say that to anyone here and they will know the place you are talking about.... :lol: The patty is thin but the size of a plate.....
:lol: Are you related to Guy F. of Drive Ins, Diners and Dives?

we have no leftovers left:lol:
I had: oatmeal and broccoli
hubby had pizza .

For Thanksgiving we had two turkeys, one smoked, one marinated in homemade peach wine, a ham, mashed potatoes, roasted sweet potatoes, broccoli, brussels sprout, rice and chesse casserole, butterflake rolls, cranberry chutney, cranberry salsa, regular cranberry sauces, homemade cheesecake (pumpkin cranberry with gingersnap crust), pumpkin pie, pecan pie, pecan orange pie, homemade carrot cake and whipped cream. (grooooaaannn) Guess what was dinner tonight? Fried chicken!! lol

Garlic butter shrimp, brussels sprouts, English muffin with Irish butter, mandarin orange, milk.

Pork simmered in pear nectar with cinnamon and onions, white rice with pear sauce and green peas.

Spanish rice, fruit salad, garlic cheese biscuits.

Spanish rice, fruit salad, garlic cheese biscuits.

You sound like a heck of cook KristinaB, can I come over for dinner?
:giggle:

I am going to eat organic oatmeal and distilled water. And some raw Spinach.
Only healthy food until these tumors are gone! Then it's back to ColdStone! YAY! :lol:

We had tilapia, potatoes and steamed carrots. The oven went out, so it was all done on the stove. Guess tomorrow, I will bring in my electric roaster for the Chicken Cacciatore.

You sound like a heck of cook KristinaB, can I come over for dinner?
:giggle:

I love to cook and always enjoy a willing person to eat what I fix. Right now, there are too many problems at my table. Can't let mother have too much protein, hubby's food has to be pureed for now until the dentures are ready. daughter is extremely picky and son is happy as long as I keep an eye out for the veggies he doesn't like and I must have (almost never do) cheese with every meal and hot sauce. If he has a veggie he doesn't like, we better have the chipolte Ranch to drown them in. :eek3: I am also trying to lose weight, so I try to watch that as well.

Right now I'm having left over chicken in gravy with celery, cremi mushrooms, onions and a potato topping. It's somehwhat like Shepherd's pie but a little different in that it doens't use ground lamb.

I had to fix 2 different things due to hubby and his lack of teeth. He just wanted beefy mashed potatoes and canned pears. The rest of us had pork simmered with soy sauce and pear juice, onion and garlic and a little ginger root. White rice, peas and pear halves.

We are having roast beef, mashed potato, and orange juice. Plus I am attempting to absorb the steps for making single cup coffee in our new Mr. Coffee coffee maker.

I am really bad at learning new activities plus I can't see most of it, and it is harder to do by touch than you might imagine. Hopefully I will master it before my husband goes back to work as I am planning to become a coffee addict in my old age.

Looks as if many of us are in the mood for warm, tasty comfort foods.

Tonight we had chunky beef shepherds pie with carrot, onion and peas with luscious brown gravy inside and broiled mashed potato topping. As always, Southern sweet tea to drink. It is a 30 minute recipe and one of the best I have ever tried.

I have just had a request from my daughter, the picky eater for tomorrow's dinner. Luckily I have my Lactaid tablets. She wants me to make German Knoepfle Soup. It's a German noodle made from Flour, water and egg. All in a broth made from milk, water and butter. If anyone wants my grandmother's family recipe from Prussia, let me know. I'll be happy to pass it on. This is a good soup for those bitterly cold days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back