What's with MEN??

Roadrunner said:
Hey, let's not get ourselves astray from which this topic is concerned with, specifically about attitudes toward overweight ppls., it isn't about 'diets', etc., if one wishes to get into that, I would suggest creating a new thread related to 'diets' and/or anything else that doesn't pertain to this thread--

Thank you!

~RR

Thank you, Roadrunner. ;)

Roadrunner said:
Hey, let's not get ourselves astray from which this topic is concerned with, specifically about attitudes toward overweight ppls., it isn't about 'diets', etc., if one wishes to get into that, I would suggest creating a new thread related to 'diets' and/or anything else that doesn't pertain to this thread--

Thank you!

~RR

Apologies. ;)

-J.

Miss*Pinocchio said:
I used to like a guy at Gallaudet and I like hanging around him because he is so funny and he makes me laugh. His inner beauty was so attractive, but we really didn't get to spend time together cause I was real busy at college and he was very likeable and nobody care if he is fat.

It isn't so hard to lose weight.... Freewoman.

Just eat maybe once a day and eat alittle snack such as chips. Stay away from bread.

maybe u would tell men, women're trying to, (hope u undy what i mean, have nothing better to say not enough my English words :o )

I don't understand men. My mom is always playing the match maker. She arranges dates for me but she never tell the guys I'm deaf. When they meet me and find out they never want a second date. :(

Reiko said:
I don't understand men. My mom is always playing the match maker. She arranges dates for me but she never tell the guys I'm deaf. When they meet me and find out they never want a second date. :(

Awwww :hug: You'll find someone, those men are just jerks. ;)

Reiko said:
Then they have missed what's inside you......your inner beauty :)
Their loss.

Yiffzer said:
Apologies. ;)

-J.

*nods*, although, extend your apologies to the creator of this thread which is more appropriate....

To everyone: Please bear in mind how you state or imply something that could be easily perceived as a direct comment to others here in AD--

Thank you!

~RR

^Angel^ said:
It's true, some guys do ask women how much they weight, I guess it means so much to them that they need to know....

I suppose they rather to have a gal who looks like a super model.... :thumbd:

When I was single, i got that alot from internet guys.. asking me how much I weigh. It turned me off. end of the discussion.

may I say other than overweighted, the person has said I am 8 (1>not beauty to 10>beauty) cuz 10th is celebrities and supermodel, some of them may be 9th, huh, I thought he loves me and would have said 10 to him not look to celebrities :aw: he also said if they tell me beautiful* they're telling not true :ugh2: so I dont believe he has said he loves me, period

FreeWoman77 said:
may I say other than overweighted, the person has said I am 8 (1>not beauty to 10>beauty) cuz 10th is celebrities and supermodel, some of them may be 9th, huh, I thought he loves me and would have said 10 to him not look to celebrities :aw: he also said if they tell me beautiful* they're telling not true :ugh2: so I dont believe he has said he loves me, period

uhh.. stay away from him! that's not what you need from a guy.. geez!

I believe for a true relationship to work, it must all occur in person. Although it has worked for me online (because I'm rather an exceptional one in which I don't highlight "weight" as an issue for the most part). In person, rather by blind rush makes up for the best type of relationship since there will be no "high hopes" out of that relationship. A lady may be overweight or not very beautiful at all but over time, that fades away and personality becomes more prevalent throughout conversations. Beauty only merely attracts, such as a magical cover on a book. It's the context inside the book that determines the quality. Unfortunately, there are many "corrupt" men (if you would like to see it that way) or "free" men who rather do their own thing and engage in a visual-based relationship. It's really difficult to fight that against men's very nature. Often "sex for fun" is encouraged and they will pursue this when women want the opposite. If you women want to avoid this, then start with your own children. Since the children is the future after all, you can teach them on the values of how to treat others and that sexual feelings are to be understood but not to be acted upon. But I would imagine it to be difficult to explain this even to a teenager since he/she will not realize or feel the consequences at all (e.g. virginity? so what?). There is no right answer though. It's how it is. The best way is to raise children in a safe community whether it be a parenting community (meetings) where they all follow accepted ways to raise children and/or religious laws (e.g. Islamic laws state such things as honor and respect into a woman and how to treat a woman or else the consequences will be dire). It goes on...

-J.

^Angel^ said:
This thread is not about diet or losing the weight, its about how men/women attitudes toward overweight people are shifting from rejection toward acceptance...Some people realize that people can't help the way as being overweight....God made us all to His likeness and he did not mean for people to be mean and cruel to other people because they are overweight....I know there are alot of overweight people who don't feel good about themsevles and they try to lose the weight just to make themself feel healthy and happy again....If you can really read what others say in this topic, then you would understand why they're feeling bad about themselves because others judge them from the outside rather than looking at the person's personality....

People are human and they have feelings remember that....

Yes, I understand what you mean. I read their posts. But, overweight women STILL have their own power - don't let the men to take that power from overweight women by how they act toward these overweight women. Men have nooo rights to take that power by belittlin' them about their weight. Women have the rights to control MEN by tellin' them that it is NOT acceptable, because some men are immature - it may take them a long time to grow up by recognizin' how things would have been success if, not for makin' fun of or hurtin' overweight women's feelings. Not all of men are this way. But, you can get my drift .........

I did control to some men who ever I was datin' before - and, that's their own loss that I will not come back to them for some reasons. And, of course I will not see them again. It depends on how they communicate when I see their " mushrooms " gettin' bigger... I dump them real fast.

It's a matter of power - overweight women have the rights to stand up and say their pieces. Don't let the men take over the overweight women's place by tellin' them what to do. Tsk men - they need to step back from overweight women's lines.

Roadrunner said:
*nods*, although, extend your apologies to the creator of this thread which is more appropriate....

To everyone: Please bear in mind how you state or imply something that could be easily perceived as a direct comment to others here in AD--

Thank you!

~RR

Give me a break. They have to deal the truth. Don't forget about Amendant I - freedom of speech.

CyberRed said:
Yes, I understand what you mean. I read their posts. But, overweight women STILL have their own power - don't let the men to take that power from overweight women by how they act toward these overweight women. Men have nooo rights to take that power by belittlin' them about their weight. Women have the rights to control MEN by tellin' them that it is NOT acceptable, because some men are immature - it may take them a long time to grow up by recognizin' how things would have been success if, not for makin' fun of or hurtin' overweight women's feelings. Not all of men are this way. But, you can get my drift .........

I did control to some men who ever I was datin' before - and, that's their own loss that I will not come back to them for some reasons. And, of course I will not see them again. It depends on how they communicate when I see their " mushrooms " gettin' bigger... I dump them real fast.

It's a matter of power - overweight women have the rights to stand up and say their pieces. Don't let the men take over the overweight women's place by tellin' them what to do. Tsk men - they need to step back from overweight women's lines.

Very true, overweight women should stand themselves and be smart in positive way toward immature men who made the fun of them and belittle them...

But support each other with health issue is a different.

Women gain weight due health problems which it's also different which it's hard for them to lose weight.

I was like huh after read some of your posts saying that "overweight" have lovely personality and better than "skinny" with lousy or lame personality and more.... I can't understand why some of you judge skinny for? Why is those issue important to you? It sounds that you are jealous of skinny or what? :dunno:

All sizes are not important but personalities.

Anyway, I'm agree some of your posts saying that every women including me gain bit weight after birth to babies... Very true... I was skinny, that's time before I had 2 children.

FreeWoman77 said:
i admit i agree with u, I just wanna be beautiful and healthy not for men but myself, so keep exercise n eat healthy foods, u guys have tried to lose weights too cuz u want be healthy :)

Very true, I want to take care of myself to be health.

Cheri said:
I cannot stand shallowest men who thinks the outside are most important than the inside of women, Same goes for women as well who are shallowest women for the same reason. I also hate it when men asked me "How much do you weight" It's like why is weight a factor?

Yes, I'm agree that the question over "how many weight you have" put me off, too. It proves that he cares about my weight than get know me better...

I've heard some women would say 'I'm too ugly for someone to date me', I would say, 'No, You're not ugly, You have a beautiful personality'. If men cannot see that, they are missing out on giving you a chance in knowing the real you, instead of just the looks.

To me, if women says "I'm ugly etc..." mean is they have no respect about themselves... They have low esteem for not positive to care themselves... I'm sorry to say this...

For men, who worry about women's outside more than inside then is their immature and loser....

It's not about showing off who has the good-looking girlfriend or boyfriend, or husband, or wife. If you love them, that's all it should matters, Who cares about what your friends think. I've had my friends said my ex boyfriend was ugly, looking like a nerd. I would say, Well, He has a great personality. Why does my friends care? I'm the one dating him not them. ;)

Yes, I second that.

^Angel^ said:
It's true, some guys do ask women how much they weight, I guess it means so much to them that they need to know....

I suppose they rather to have a gal who looks like a super model.... :thumbd:

Yeah like what I said the example yesterday. The men compare women with models and beautiful bodies.. If they can't appreciate women for everything then they are more in love with their hormones than they are with women... then is their loser... :cool:

Roadrunner said:

Thank you!

~RR

There are times when I had good intentions then people have to go manipulate , twist , being negative or trying to put things in my mouth or trying to say something when they clearly know I did not mean or say it in that way. Sometimes I think the certain ones get a funny kick out of it which I don't find funny at all.

I may not have the world's best communication skills. There are times when I do need to make more clear what my mind is thinking may not match the words needed to say it. I am also a very blunt person. I will not take any garbage from people when they clearly know what I mean and they then try to twist what I say.

Back