Whats the fastest way to become fluent in ASL??

Yeah. I agree with you. It's just where do i find out about Deaf events or deaf social clubs?? I tried looking online but I must not be the best at research! HAHA!

San Jose is not too far from San Francisco (I hope!) Here is SF Club for the Deaf website: San Francisco Club for the Deaf and you can always ask them for a club for the deaf in San Jose if SF is too far for you.

:rofl2:

As long as you have a smile on your face, they don't know any better. :giggle:

LOL Exactly! When he saw on my resume that I put fluent in ASL he spouted "Oh, ASL! I know that too."

Since I have been able to sign in front of him and his face shows no comprehension, I know that he lied.

LOL Exactly! When he saw on my resume that I put fluent in ASL he spouted "Oh, ASL! I know that too."

Since I have been able to sign in front of him and his face shows no comprehension, I know that he lied.
Feels that, that dude knows ASL as known as "Age/Sex/Location"

:laugh2:

Acquire Deaf/Hoh, CODA, and interpreter friends. And practice a lot. Finger spell everything you see or think of. Sign whatever you see or think of. Sign what you're saying, or if this is distracting to other people, think of how to sign it in your head

If it is distracting to other people tell them it is part of who you are. If they don't like who you are they can go associate with someone else and make room for someone who does like you just as you are.

My attitude is simple. If you don't like me don't talk to me.

Practicing your online American Sign Language skills is important

I am taking courses and I am constantly trying to improve my vocabulary by watching some videos online, but what are some of the most effective ways to become fluent?? I know immersing yourself in the culture would be a good move, but I don't know where to begin in my city?? Tips anyone??

Practicing your online American Sign Language skills is important. If it wasnt, why would you have signed up to learn in the first place? Many people new to American Sign Language will seek practice time with individuals from their own community. Many people learning sign language are willing to meet with you on a weekly basis in order to improve your sign language skills and become proficient. Some of you, after learning American Sign Language online, may want to further your aspirations to become an interpreter for the deaf. Being an interpreter for the deaf, you would have the opportunity to help so many people that would need your skills that you learned online. Learning American Sign Language Online can benefit you and your community in endless ways and possibilities.

I'm going to a Silent Weekend next month, hopefully that will help.

I've started classes three times, but health issues got in the way. Meniere's will do that to one... I have some books, DVD's, and go to most of the online sites. I know a fair amount of vocabulary - it's using it correctly.

I also suffer from a bit of self-consciousness. Valium helps - LOL!

Back