What's discount store that you like to shopping at best?

Favorite to shopping

• Wal-Mart (Wal-Mart Supercenter)

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • K-Mart/Sears (Super K-Mart/Sears Grand)

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Target (Super Target)

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Fred Meyer (located in Northwest USA)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bigg's (located in Midwest USA)

• Meijer (located in Midwest USA)

• Others

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Nothing

• Total voters
I'd have preferred to take a shopping trip at Target's but unfortunately it is in another town. However, Wal-Mart is the only store here that is accessible for me to get what I need. So there's no complaints here for me to have. :)

I'd have preferred to take a shopping trip at Target's but unfortunately it is in another town. However, Wal-Mart is the only store here that is accessible for me to get what I need. So there's no complaints here for me to have. :)

I like your autism ribbon. I support them too!

:h5:

wow!

Do you love to shopping at Kmart or Sears?

If you are love to Kmart then you can check out about Super Kmart in Ohio (Cleveland), that's more nicer than regular one, that which is combined with GM and groceries.
20010212-1_03_1600x1200.jpg
Wowie!!! That is HUGE! That got to be the same size as Walmart. I am more into Sears actually because they seems to be nicer looking store, good selections of electronics, lawn supplies. Does Walmart has that? Not that good selections. Kmart on the other hand seems to have my shoe sizes and pants size that Walmart does not have. I have to wear size 6 shoes since my feet are small! I am real short on my legs. Inseam is 28! Most brands do not have that and too rare to find a 29. 30 is what I have to buy and have it shorten.

With an exception, Walmart has Guayabera Shirts, Cubana shirts, etc that Kmart does not have. JCP has those shirts sometimes. I love those shirts! You can even see my wedding shirt! Its a white Guayabera shirt! I am very stylish creative person. Anyway, thanks Pacman for the photo! We do not have Super K that size at all. Syracuse is not a good market city anymore. That is why.

How could I forget Woolworth!

I MISS Woolworths. We had one nearby my home years ago.

Thanks for reminding me about Woolworths! They started in a town near my hometown. I think it began in Watertown, NY. I loved Woolworth. That was another big chain around my hometown. Oh well! I counted like 18 department stores my hometown used to have! Some closed up, some bankrupt, some merged. Now, we only have Walmart, Kmart, Sears, JCP, Lord & Taylor's, Best Buy, Macy's, and that is just about all. We also have Sam's Club, BJ's Wholesales, and of course, Target and Kohl's. Thats all! Oh well!

Last edited:
Grocery store...

I vote Walmart cuz I go there for food shopping which save me money then Hannaford or market basket. :D

Now that is another topic! I like to shop at Wegman's. They are on the top 5 best companies in nation! Wegmans have stuff all the time. No shortage. And all fresh fruits and all. They have lights that are not too bright. Very homely.. Very farmers' market feel there. Not like the old ma and pa stores. Not even a smaller sized chain grocery stores.

I also like Price Chopper but it is very bright there. Too white! But usually in bad areas.. I also like P&C Fresh Market. They are now trying to look like Wegmans but they need to have a lot of work to compete against Wegmans!

Danny Wegmans really care about people who are Deaf. Wegmans is headquartered in Rochester. They even have TTYs in their grocery stores in Rochester. I hope they still do though. They do have Deaf people working in Wegmans. Great benefits, hours, pay...and food! Ha.

I feel that name for "Kmart" and "Supr Kmart" are going be gone in next decade since more stores are converting into Sears Essentials and Sears Grand.

I usually shop at Walmart. When I shop, it's often for food and DVDs... even small parts for my car. :)

my vote is wal-mart supercenter because have low prices plus food shopping also there and save it.

my mom wanted shopping at Krogers because she dont like spend as expensives she like low-prices! i do like shopping everythings what i wanted it

New England also had some great stores that aren't around anymore. We used to have Caldors, Bradlees, and Ames. I don't know if Ames still exists or not. Before that, I remember a store called Zayers.

Do Canada have walmart, target, kmart , etc.. ?

Yea.. Walfart have in Canada.. but rest of others.. NOPE..

Canada have...
Walfart
Zellers
Giant Tigers
Costco
The Bay
and many.... stores around the mall...

I like'em all but not THE BAY.. *suitable for snobbish ppl buy it*

Yea.. Walfart have in Canada.. but rest of others.. NOPE..

Canada have...
Walfart
Zellers
Giant Tigers
Costco
The Bay
and many.... stores around the mall...

I like'em all but not THE BAY.. *suitable for snobbish ppl buy it*

I remember that Kmart went out of business in Canada in long time ago.

New England also had some great stores that aren't around anymore. We used to have Caldors, Bradlees, and Ames. I don't know if Ames still exists or not. Before that, I remember a store called Zayers.

Ames went bankrupted and shut all stores in early 2000's.

I chose Wal-mart because it is all we have in our town besides the Dollar Store. Wal-mart done wiped out everything else! Oh, don't let me forget the Goodwill!

I voted for Target ..I do live nearby a Wal-Mart and One Dollar store no complaints from me either :giggle:

Old chains.

Yeah, I know what you mean. We used to have Caldors, Bradlees (but not in my hometown though), Ames. Ames bankrupted twice in the 90s and then shut for good August 2000, I think. You can check at Wilkepedia website and they have a bit of history there. Also check with deadmalls DOT com then go to link about dead stores. There, check the page on ames.

Oh we also had Service Merchanise, Two Guys, Stienbach, Lechmere, Woolworth, Deys (I think I mentioned it already, lol), Sibleys, Kaufmann's, Addies and Co., Hills, Hess, Mongomery Ward, White Modell's, Media Play, Chappell's, Bon Ton, and more! We also used to have Silo, Wiz, Bonnet and Teller (very fancy expensive clothing store), and more.

Any of you guys remember Crazy Eddie?? He is truly INSANEEEEEEE!!!!! Yeah, yeah, yeah, Eddie.. no wonder you, Crazy Eddie, is in JAIL! He stole money and did tax fraud. Glad we did not have Crazy Eddie stores here. Whew! Hee hee!

Yeah, I know what you mean. We used to have Caldors, Bradlees (but not in my hometown though), Ames. Ames bankrupted twice in the 90s and then shut for good August 2000, I think. You can check at Wilkepedia website and they have a bit of history there. Also check with deadmalls DOT com then go to link about dead stores. There, check the page on ames.

Oh we also had Service Merchanise, Two Guys, Stienbach, Lechmere, Woolworth, Deys (I think I mentioned it already, lol), Sibleys, Kaufmann's, Addies and Co., Hills, Hess, Mongomery Ward, White Modell's, Media Play, Chappell's, Bon Ton, and more! We also used to have Silo, Wiz, Bonnet and Teller (very fancy expensive clothing store), and more.

Any of you guys remember Crazy Eddie?? He is truly INSANEEEEEEE!!!!! Yeah, yeah, yeah, Eddie.. no wonder you, Crazy Eddie, is in JAIL! He stole money and did tax fraud. Glad we did not have Crazy Eddie stores here. Whew! Hee hee!

AHHH, Service Merchandise and Lechmere - Those were interesting stores. I always remember those conveyor belts that things came out on from the mysterious door. If you didn't pick it up, it went out back and came back out again two minutes later.

I was rather mesmorized by this when I was little (1970s).

Yeah! Me too!

AHHH, Service Merchandise and Lechmere - Those were interesting stores. I always remember those conveyor belts that things came out on from the mysterious door. If you didn't pick it up, it went out back and came back out again two minutes later.

I was rather mesmorized by this when I was little (1970s).
Oh yeah! I was in awe as a child and teen seeing how stuff come out at Service Merchandise! It was rather a quite different store! Shoppers had a clipboard and wrote down the order number and name of product and the cost as well as how many you want.. you know. Ha. It was fun to do that "inventory" your list and then bring it to the cashier and pay. Sometimes my order would arrive on the belt BEFORE I could finish paying at the cash register! Jeez! They should slow down! Haha. Interesting stuff and all. They closed last one in my hometown at Marketplace Mall in Cicero. I used to shop at Wegmans Plaza in Dewitt (closed first in late 1980s)--close to where I grew up. Oh well!

You would have liked the old Edwards Department Store. They had trains going around the store for kids while parents go shopping for Christmas. This train was more like a monorail--suspended in the ceiling so kids can see their mommys and daddys shopping or waving at them! Edwards shutted for good in 1970. It became JCPenneys. I remembered the train there at ShoppingTown (was a plaza at the time Edwards was around. Shoppingtown became a mall in 1975 without Edwards and by next year, a mixture of a mall and plaza).

I voted Walmart Superstore with reasons. 1. Foods to feed family and very affordable price than Raleys, Albertson and Bel Air.
2. Home needs, baby needs, personal needs
With Same time and much easier!
3. Open 24 hours so we can shopping after 10 pm and less ppl crowded. Also always restock more foods in shelves.

2nd choice is Target cuz love their kids styles clothes. Sometime buy clothes for kids. Foods are limited.
Mommyof4

I'm just wonders about what's your favorite to shopping at discount store, also included with hypermarket too, that which is in combined with GM and groceries.

If you are from other country then please vote on "others".

Back