Whatever you feel like......... Anything goes! Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Night everyone.

I was supposed to go out with a group of friends, but I wasn't in the mood.

Now I regret it. :(

my hubby is off today, we will go over punkywolfy's house and help clean ard there... then come home and spend together.. smiles..

Just woke up with my neck hurting. I guess I am not fully recovered from the head cold.

Soon leaving for my hair appt. :)

For Everyone, If U Like To Look At Ily Magnets That I Make This And Pm Me If U Are Interesting! :d

I really, really, really want to be out of the house now! =( Boring is driving me to be crazy!

I really, really, really want to be out of the house now! =( Boring is driving me to be crazy!

Let your husband take care of your baby so that you need a break and go out with your friends. No more excuse from your husband if he says that he has to go someplace.

Let your husband take care of your baby so that you need a break and go out with your friends. No more excuse from your husband if he says that he has to go someplace.

I wish I could tell that to Alexanderia's father but he's nowhere to find tho. He doubt that she's his tho. :dunno: But not care, I'm very glad that she's mine and all mine. I'm more thinking of taking her out to the park to walk around but need to pay 20 dollars for a year to enter tho/.

Uhh, she isn't married and she's single

Yeppers, you got it right.

Oi, LakeTahoe, the thread is gone waaaaayyyyy past its used by date, is it time for a new thread!? :lol:

Holy cow 60 pages?!?!?!?!

Ok time for US to create new thread!

Please do not post any more as new thread is on way. :)

Oi, LakeTahoe, the thread is gone waaaaayyyyy past its used by date, is it time for a new thread!? :lol:

I know how u feel. Stastistics say that the average burn out rate for teachers is 5 years and I am entering my 6th year this Fall. For the first time, I am seriously complementing a career change but I cant do that to the kids. If all of us left Deaf ed then who will be there for the innocent deaf children who have no communication at home?

I just cant do it but for the first time since I started my job, I am not looking forward to returning to work. I think I am burnt out.

My dad has been teaching in the public school systems (mainstream) for 28 years, I believe he wil be retiring within the next couple of years. Its gotten to the point that it has become more paperwork than actual teaching.

The ironic part? I know his grumbles, yet I am going back to school for an English Education major to become an English teacher.

As for the red highlighted part? It'll be people like me who are young and think they can change the system, but after 5-10 years they realize they can't then they eventually leave for another career.

But the reasons why I am going into education are:
1. I prefer to work with kids - I worked as a camp counselor once and I liked it.
2. Education is one of the few economic recession proof fields - their will be schools that need teachers when major companies are going through cutbacks and layoffs due to the poor economy.
3. The hours are more 'normal' where I feel like I can be more dependent in taking care of my DD. At present I have to be at work before her daycare opens, so mom and dad are responsible for getting her there, while I pick her up in the afternoons.
4. Its a stable paycheck, I won't be rich, but it's a stable paycheck that I can live comfortably on and not having scrap for change to make ends meet.

Yesterday was a crazy day - because I managed to hit one of my bosses in the nose and left him a small cut. :eek:

What happened was my squeegee handle got stuck between some bars at work and I was trying to pull it out. About the time I yanked it free, my boss came around the corner and I smacked him in the face with the metal part of it and it left a cut on his nose. I felt awful. He went to the nurse's station and got a little pink band-aid across his nose. I apologized of course and all is good, he knows it was an accident. I went and checked on him for a second while he was in the nurse's station and I told him, just go tell everyone that me and you got into a fight. Then the nurse chimed in - "Yeah, you blocked him and he got beat up by a woman!" :lol:

He went back to work and everyone was laughing at him.

Then last night my DD and I went to Russellville to get some things. I got me a new pair of Muck Boots for work, after more than a year of daily wear and tear, I've finally blown a hole in them. They are a good boot to have lasted that long where I work. The other guys at work typically have to replace their boots every 2-4 months depending on what they've been doing and they are those cheap rubber boots you buy at Wal-Mart.

And then we went to the movies and watched 'The Dark Knight'. I won't spoil it but I will say that at the end of the movie I was slightly confused as to what the next movie will be about - if they make another Batman movie. Christian Bale and Heath Ledger both had nice performances along with Morgan Freeman as Lucius Fox and Micheal Caine as Alfred.

oopse sorry I was working on the last post when you posted DHB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back