What you are thankful for this Thanksgiving?

i am thankful to have family who are very supportive of my goals and what i wanted to do with my life and i did it...

i am thankful for have much good friends who are there for me as i am there for them, and supportive of each other, even the ADers too smile.

I wonder what about other countries? I am sure they have holiday that is similar to our thanksgiving.

excellent question. For those who live in other country or know Thanksgiving Day in other country.... please do tell us and why.

For example - We have Thanksgiving Day in USA because of celebration between pilgrims and Indians. Indians helped and taught pilgrims on how to raise crops.

Thankful for my husband still has a job in the bad economy. That we have a home. Two dogs. Computer to talk to AD. Enough food.:)

Ahh well I did have Thanksgiving back in Oct.. but will say something.. I am thankful for the friends I have made online, here in AD and other chat rooms and more.. althought I have yet to meet any ADers I would love to do so when I am fully able to do a trip or so in the next few years.. and I also am thankful for my own family who I wouldnt be able to depend on for help regarding the farm and stuff as well.. without that I would have been in a heap of trouble for sure....

What I am THANKFUL for this Thanksgiving as of today is this:

:fruit: We're DEBT FREE! :fruit:

I am thankful for the following things...

Having a wonderful husband and my two beautiful children.

My Deaf brother's move to MD and seeing him more often.

Having my job and the children I teach because they have come a long way thru all the obstacles that were placed in their way.

My house.

My sweet dog.

My extended family and my best girlfriends in PA.

My friends both IRL and here on AD.

My health and sanity.

I m thankful for have a job and been work for 4 yrs

I m thanksful that i have wonderful in my life right now :D

I m thanksful for Jolie and OceanBlue help me out when i need their's advil(sp) ;)

Im kinda new at this...

I am thankful for a million of little, seemingly insignificant things.

I have a wonderful family ( unique but wonderful ).

I have a good husband who loves me despite some really big emotional things I have put him through.

I am thankful for the 9 kids we have and their spouses...(5 are my husbands with his first wife, the last 4 we had together).

I am thankful for my 10 1/2 grandkids. (Some of them are young enough they think I am awesome!)

I am thankful that my parents are still alive as well as my maternal grandma (gma).

I am thankful for my husband's job because it allows me to attend Utah Vally University for the cost of fees only, and I can take sign and culture classes all the time.

I am thankful for music-it is my buffer against a sometimes cruel and insensitive world. (if you are deaf, you can just take out your hearing aids or close your eyes).

I am really thankful for friends because they love you without the obligation that family member seem to have. (He's your brother-you have to love him!)

I am thankful for my health, especially after my summer of surgeries...1st one had complications...second tried to fix things...

I am thankful for technology. This site is wonderful to communicate with others since my family doesn't understand my passion for ASL and goals to get my BA in Deaf Education.

I am thankful for my Deaf friends because they are so patient with me as I try to get more skilled in my signing, etc.

I am thankful for clouds and weather and the beautiful mountains that rise up just behind my house. (I live in Utah just at the base of Mt. Timpanogos. We have a very famous cave in there that you have to get a permit to go into.)

I am thankful for people who are courteous and perceptive...that treat others with dignity and respect regardless of the worthiness of that person.

I am really thankful that I found ASL and others who value it as much as I do.:ily:

1) Having a good family
2) Having a home
3) food
4) having clothes
5) Being able to get into the marching band which I have hoped for since I auditioned to get better friends than middle school
6) Being able to hear again with the help of Cochlear Implants and Hearing Aids (Thanks Cochlear Company and Phonak Company!!)
7) My sister (even though she's a pain in my ass sometimes)
8) My best friend Krista, She's been though all the good, hard, the ugly, and the sad times with me. She's hearing btw.
9) My parents. They helped me alot since I was little and i had to catch up on alot for school. And so forth.
10) My interpreter, I known my interpreter for 4 years so far and She's like a sister to me now.
11) My music, Everytime I feel sad or mad or like I needed time to my self to think about things I listen to my music.
12) And my writing, How can I live up without my writing??

I'm thankful

I'm thankful for my health and my hubby and my son as well. Plus I'm also thankful that God up there is keeping on eye on everyone! :ty:

Back