What would you do.......

Ouch, that must've been a horrid accident. :( I assume it was the other driver's fault in causing the accident, am I correct? How long ago did that happen? (The accident, that is) If the other driver was responsible for the accident, he/she should be having the car insurance pay you compensation for damages and all. (?)

My advice that go 2nd opnion.. and chircaptor (sp?) :/ .. I had my neck treatment by chircaptor. that i was born with a bend vibrate in my neck that my mom told chircaptor that she gave birth and used forcep to pull me out.. and i had mirgrainte since i was baby till 15 yrs old.. it worked.. also I just had treatments right before Marsha Lee born that my back was painful and my right hip was like off.. it helped..

Also, you mentioned about having back braces.. I would go for it than go for surgery.. maybe you will might need more than 1 or 2 surgeries..

Also, think about your daughter.. what will she do if you are in danger situtation.. death, paralyzed.. sorry to say that..

for me i would go for back brace.. fk job.. let the driver pay for it.. go court.. that what it is for.. not ssi.. sdi.. you get better benefications on sdi .. not ssi. till you get better then go back to work..

its your choices.. but the mainly important to think about your daughter and your risks..

Good luck.. and be praying for you..

Annie, I still would need to talk to my doctors about those stuff. I have not make a decide yet. I never had a surgery before except my 4 wisdoms were pullin out.

So I do have a lot of things in my mind. Like what do I want.. that or that or that...

eternity said:
Annie, I still would need to talk to my doctors about those stuff. I have not make a decide yet. I never had a surgery before except my 4 wisdoms were pullin out.

So I do have a lot of things in my mind. Like what do I want.. that or that or that...

I dont want to give you stress... just words of advices..

Before you talk to Drs.. write down the questions to ask.. then go home.. give yourself time to think plus.. Write down each Drs' opnions with Pros and Cons..
Maybe talk to your family (Parents or your siblings or favorite cousin) to share the Pros and Cons.. or go counseling to support your self esteem also get load off your mind cuz its overwhelming and its BIG DECISIONS IN your life.. its very wrenching stress situation..

hang in there.

:eek: That is horrible Eternity. The car is long gone big time. I am glad you survived the accident. How are you feeling now? :sadwave:

How am i feeling now? pretty frustrated. I had to wear a brace for my back. It is most difficult. I had too many pills but they are kind strong but i havent take them for a week. I always tired. It is not easy when I am dealing with great pain.

Dreama, I would suggest you do not ask ppl which option they'd choose...without even bothering to go into details in the pros and cons of each of the options. I mean, how wud they know which choices is the best, without knowing the whole story, and the pros and cons of each options. Yanno? Also, you do know that sometimes rods gets removed or replaced depending on the person's situations, right?

eternity said:
What would you do if your doctor gives you a couple options...

1-- remove one of your vertbrate

2 -- put a rod in your back for rest of your life

Is it a tough decision to make? Even there is a side effect-- that you can be parayzled.

Last edited:
If you have a piece of your vertebrate removed, that could make you a inch shorter.

Heh, for a person that's tall, like Dreama, losing an inch of height wouldn't really show at all on Dreama or anyone tall. :)

This coming form a person who's a shorty LOL

Last edited:
Dreama, In any surgery (or surgeries) you may have in the future, you do know that there is always going to be a risk of paraysis, even death. I'm not trying to scare you- but the reason risk of paraysis is there, is because, they'll be working on your back, which is close the the spinal cord- very risk and difficult to operate on, they have to make sure they don't touch or do anything to mess up your back even more. Yanno?

With that said, I have also told you that it's always good to go to other Drs. (like 2-3 Drs. that aren't even your Drs.) and see what they think is best for you- if all Drs. agree then obivously your Dr. is correct w/ what to do in your situation, but if the other Dr. or 2 disagree, then you need to look into what to do deeply and with more Drs.

Sadly, there are Drs. who just wants to rob us of $$ :(

I will be here to help thru your surgery (ies) just as you will be if I find out I will need surgery on my back or hip in the future. Right? =) *hugs*

You said:
To have a ROD in back.. there is a side effect.. which I can be parayzled. It is a risk.[/QUOTE]

That's true, Liebling. Another reason why Drs. usually prefer to wait on doing the surgeries until it's absoutely neccessary. Like for example, if Dreama can wait a few hrs on having her surgeries, then she should wait as long as possibile. Plus, there'll be more information and stuff on how to fix back/do surgeries in different way every year as they continue to do researchs and stuff. =)

Liebling:-))) said:
I second that.

My husband has similar problem as you. Well the doctor recommend him to not operate. Did you know it´s very risk to operate it because of nerves?

Annie: You gave a really good advice to Dreama, wtg! =)

Dreama: Take Annie's advice into consideration and remember you also have me here to go with you to the imprtant Dr's appt when it's time to talk about what to do and all and also to talk to me when trying to decide what route you should go. I will be here every step of the way, just as I expect you to be for me when needed in the future.

*hugs*

MsGiglz said:
I dont want to give you stress... just words of advices..

Before you talk to Drs.. write down the questions to ask.. then go home.. give yourself time to think plus.. Write down each Drs' opnions with Pros and Cons..
Maybe talk to your family (Parents or your siblings or favorite cousin) to share the Pros and Cons.. or go counseling to support your self esteem also get load off your mind cuz its overwhelming and its BIG DECISIONS IN your life.. its very wrenching stress situation..

hang in there.

Dreama: I really think you should look into this option more. After you showed my Husband and I the papers about Kyphoplasty, we talked about it and said that seemed to maybe be a better option than getting the rod put in or one verebrate taken out. But, we also suggest to keep researching all 3 of your options or see if other options comes up.

There is 3rd option - bone surgeon (kyphoplasty)[/QUOTE]

Dreama: Here's a suggestion you silly girl. First of all, you have your medications for a reason from the Dr, take them whenever you are in pain, it's prescribed to you for a reason! You will have them for probably a long time, so don't worry so much. I know excatly what you are going thru, the worries and all about the medications, the surgeries, the worries about "will my back ever get better or be fucked up for life?", I went thru all that, and am still going thru all that. I used to be just like you, I used to *refuse* taking my pain medications, because I was worried that "after this bottle is gone, Dr. won't give me more" which I know is what you're worried about-- but have no worries-- you and I both have a back pain problem-- both of us have valid reasons to be on pain medications and will be on them for possibility a few yrs! I even put my own Husband in pain and frusturated the hell out of him because he hated to see me in pain, especially to the point where I was crying alot due to the pain being unbearable back when I refused to take my pain meds. Finally, he took me to the Dr. and told Dr. about me refusing to take meds in fear, so both him and Dr. told me that Dr. is prescribing the meds for a valid reason, and to go ahead and take x a day, everyday. Ahhh, that is when my life became normal again. I suggest you to do the same, take meds- without any worries, because you will be getting RX'd for them for a long time now, so you'll always have 'em available. And my next suggestion-- is SLEEP a bit more, silly girl. =)

Seriously, I know excatly what you are going thru as I've been going thru this for 3 yrs now myself, and yes it's very very very frusturating, just like you said it's frusturating and not easy when dealing with great pain. I completelyl know the feeling!!!

Another suggestion, and it's my last one, always try to take a pain med *before* you feel the pain worsen, it helps to prevent the pain getting really, really, really bad. Trust me, I learned the hard way myself. :/

I am telling you all this because, I care about you.

You said:
I always tired. It is not easy when I am dealing with great pain.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Back