What was the last movie you watched?

Just watched For The Love Of The Game. Whenever I see it on, I just can't help but watch it.

Wreck it Ralph,
wow a lot of fun watching this
well recommended!

Not technically a movie....

Just saw a fantastic mini-series Shogun. I saw twice since 1980, but I kept forgetting how good it is.
I remember seeing that a long time ago. It's actually a mini-series, like Roots.

Good series. :)

That last few movies I've watched were...

The Watch... funny.

Iron Sky... extremely disappointing. I saw the previews for this movie over a year ago. Finally got to rent it only to see that it's not captioned or subtitled in English. (They only show English subtitles when the characters are speaking German.) :(

Seeking a Friend for the End of the World... a very calm romantic comedy. Not the best movie.

Ted... hilarious! I'm looking forward to the sequel. :)

The Watch... funny.

Iron Sky... extremely disappointing. I saw the previews for this movie over a year ago. Finally got to rent it only to see that it's not captioned or subtitled in English. (They only show English subtitles when the characters are speaking German.) :(

Seeking a Friend for the End of the World... a very calm romantic comedy. Not the best movie.

english subtitles?! ive seen the entire film with subs through all of it, i suspect if you miss alot what said, it makes film worse

That sucks, man!

The Watch... funny.

Iron Sky..... she's kinda hot.... :)

I've got a lot of time for Iron Sky. It's not perfect by a long shot, but it shows you can make a half decent sci-fi film with the sort of loose change you'd find down the back of George Lucas' couch. I think most of the budget went on the CGI and special effects and boy does it show.
It never really lives up to it's concept of Nazis INNNN SPAAAACEEEE, but when you think of the limited budget they really did do the best with what they had - I imagine getting Udo Keir onboard didn't come too cheap either.
Having said all that, I've seen 150-200million dollar blockbusters that were a helluva lot worse than Iron Sky.

Last edited:
I've got a lot of time for Iron Sky. It's not perfect by a long shot, but it shows you can make a half decent sci-fi film with the sort of loose change you'd find down the back of George Lucas' couch. I think most of the budget went on the CGI and special effects and boy does it show.
It never really lives up to it's concept of Nazis INNNN SPAAAACEEEE, but when you think of the limited budget they really did do the best with what they had - I imagine getting Udo Keir onboard didn't come too cheap either.
Having said all that, I've seen 150-200million dollar blockbusters that were a helluva lot worse than Iron Sky.

it was a fun film too

A German film that takes place in Sweden, "The Man from Beijing." It's available on Neflix with subtitles. Outstanding movie and well acted. I didn't know German films were this good. The lead actress played Franka Potente's mother in "Run Lola Run" - another good film....

Laura

A German film that takes place in Sweden, "The Man from Beijing." It's available on Neflix with subtitles. Outstanding movie and well acted. I didn't know German films were this good. The lead actress played Franka Potente's mother in "Run Lola Run" - another good film....

Laura

Agreed, that's a good movie.

You should try Stalingrad, The Lives of Others, Downfall, among the several others.

The reason that German films aren't widespread is because of American hollywood experimental movies that were shown to Germans during Allied occupation in the post-WWII... That's how the hollywood skyrocketed in 50s, and so forth.

Alternatively, I also recommend some Czech films, like Hotel Ozone, some works of Jan Svankmajer, Firmen's Ball, Witches' Hammer, and others.

Back