What was the last movie you watched?

Smuggler
It's from Japan, better than I expected, in fact, I loved it!

Well, not a movie but just bought The Mary Tyler Moore Show, Season 7. Funny as Hell.....

Laura

Just watched The Hunger Games on DVD. Ok, so it's far too long, and you can tell some of the violence had been edited out of it to get it down to be viewable by its target audience.
Jennifer Lawrence is always watchable, and there's a very good supporting cast - but I think ultimately it's just another Franchise...... the film missed out on speaking about any sort of social commentary, but I guess that would have been lost on most of the viewers - I guess I was expecting Lord Of The Flies vs Battle Royale :)
I think it took around 700 million dollars at the box office, but a film being a huge success doesnt mean it's actually a good film. Michael Bay's Transformers series has prove that!
Given that I'm about 20 years older than The Hunger Games' target audience, and the fact that I haven't read the books it was based on, means I'm probably being a litle too critical of it. I'll watch the sequal on DVD when that comes out in a couple of years, I'll probably be alot kinder to it then :)

The Night Porter :shock:

MV5BMTMyNTg1NzI1MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzkzNTEyMQ@@._V1_SY317_CR5,0,214,317_.jpg

Argo, another excellent viewing experience
WTF? Are you talking about torrent/BD or local theater? I am waiting for it to come out for home entertainment. I think it will be released on Feb 19th. However, torrented movies are usually uploaded 2-4 weeks earlier.

WTF? Are you talking about torrent/BD or local theater? I am waiting for it to come out for home entertainment. I think it will be released on Feb 19th. However, torrented movies are usually uploaded 2-4 weeks earlier.

none or above, i dont know or use torrent, theatre is waste of time since there is no subtitles i have blu ray yes...but didnt see that film on it

and today just saw
Ruby Sparks, its weird..okaush, but drawn out for my linkings but i understood the maker's intend to detail it abit...interesting film in its own right, acting its too corny and over-acted in places...

Not technically a movie....

Just saw a fantastic mini-series Shogun. I saw twice since 1980, but I kept forgetting how good it is.

Man on Fire with Denzel Washington. I NEVER watched movies like this. Now that I am deaf I guess I miss a lot of the scary and tense music. It was really good but I have to admit I waited until my hubby was home to watch it. Hahaha

i knew someone just like him, he had exceptional motorcycle riding talent but sadly he was a junkie, still alive, just i dunno what he's doing , last time i saw him was 10 years ago swimming like he was trying to rehab himself...and he was a mean motherfucker, but funny enough once 20 years ago or so, (didnt feel that long, maybe 15), he gave can of beer saying was impressed i was beating alot of guys on the motocross track (i rode on dirt better) and they thought it was a 490 LOL, i said no, its a 200...man id never forget being honored by one of the meanest, fastest boy racer of the day in my hometown, he was cocky but had so miuch talent, I wished he had found a right mentor to get him into Pro racing but drugs and being a skinhead (which he was) messed his chances...true story..

i knew someone just like him, he had exceptional motorcycle riding talent but sadly he was a junkie, still alive, just i dunno what he's doing , last time i saw him was 10 years ago swimming like he was trying to rehab himself...and he was a mean motherfucker, but funny enough once 20 years ago or so, (didnt feel that long, maybe 15), he gave can of beer saying was impressed i was beating alot of guys on the motocross track (i rode on dirt better) and they thought it was a 490 LOL, i said no, its a 200...man id never forget being honored by one of the meanest, fastest boy racer of the day in my hometown, he was cocky but had so miuch talent, I wished he had found a right mentor to get him into Pro racing but drugs and being a skinhead (which he was) messed his chances...true story..

Haha!

I knew some people who belong to KKK, Christian Identity, and other organized white nationalist groups. Mostly family members on my mother's family though.

Even my great great great grandfather was a Confederate general on mom's side for Missouri militias. Though he was captured and put into one of those little "holocaust" prison camp in north of Ohio near the Great Lakes water. Lincoln's Union practically invented the modern concept of holocaust camps.

The tragic part of the story though, his wife rode the horse for days to find him... only too late. So she rode back to Missouri... Eventually succumbing to the hunger. Horse died and she had to eat it. But as she was walking in the bleak midwest wasteland, she died of hunger and thirsty.

I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for their sole surviving son. He was adopted by an aunt. Later he became a wealthy cowboy and settled in Montana (most of cattle and herds ran all over the American Western aftermath of the Operation Anaconda).

But yeah... even the 1996 Olympics terrorist bomber Eric Rudolph attended the very church in Missouri some years before... Where my grandparents as well as uncle and his family still attend to this day.

So you see yeah.

Last edited:
none or above, i dont know or use torrent, theatre is waste of time since there is no subtitles i have blu ray yes...but didnt see that film on it

and today just saw
Ruby Sparks, its weird..okaush, but drawn out for my linkings but i understood the maker's intend to detail it abit...interesting film in its own right, acting its too corny and over-acted in places...

Actually, you can use allsubs.org. They always work for me.

Until now though... Vuze program no longer accepts pirated dvds/movies/theater versions. However I don't really watch movies that much here in Prague, been occupied with work and all that. I might watch Taken movie soon though, I heard there will be new Taken 3 coming up.

Back