What Ticks You Off (Most) About Hearies?

What would you say the percentage on the number of students in a deaf school that fits that description?

Let me add something here. Probably a better question. What would you say the percentage be on the number of students in deaf schools (e.g. Riverside, Fremont, etc) that are native signers whose parents are Deaf?

I dont know about those schools because I am not there working day in and day out so who am I to judge? Until I have worked there personally, I will refrain from making stereotypical statements about these two schools. So, my question is..have you worked with children with language delays day in and day out?

What ticks me off about hearies is when someone is able to talk on a cellphone from the nineties, yet somehow consider himself deaf.

;)

What ticks me off about hearies is when someone is able to talk on a cellphone from the nineties, yet somehow consider himself deaf.

;)

I lol'ed cuz I see what you did there.

I dont know about those schools because I am not there working day in and day out so who am I to judge? Until I have worked there personally, I will refrain from making stereotypical statements about these two schools. So, my question is..have you worked with children with language delays day in and day out?

How many kids you deal with that are native signers whose parents are Deaf?

How many kids you deal with that are native signers whose parents are Deaf?

In the past 9 years, only one and that child was on grade level for reading, wriitng, and math. She passed the state assessments. The other kids didnt. Does that answer your question?

In the past 9 years, only one and that child was on grade level for reading, wriitng, and math. She passed the state assessments. The other kids didnt. Does that answer your question.

I wasn't asking that. I asked how many kids you deal with are native signers and have Deaf parents.

In the past 9 years, only one and that child was on grade level for reading, wriitng, and math. She passed the state assessments. The other kids didnt. Does that answer your question.

Just as would be expected.

I wasn't asking that. I asked how many kids you deal with are native signers and have Deaf parents.

How many times does she have to answer the same question? You keep asking, she keeps answering, and you turn around and ask again. What is up with the comprehension?

And are you terribly confused about what this thread is, because you don't seem to have the ability to stay on topic at all. You want to discuss STAR scores and educational matters, start a thread. This is the what ticks me off about hearies thread.

Right there. At least I think this is the answer.

No. She said one (passed) and "The other kids didnt." How many kids are we talking about altogether? Three? Four? Twelve? I'm do not know Shel's background or whether she teaches at a deaf school. Or how many kids there are under her if I'm assuming correctly that she teaches deaf students.

No. She said one (passed) and "The other kids didnt." How many kids are we talking about altogether? Three? Four? Twelve? I'm do not know Shel's background or whether she teaches at a deaf school. Or how many kids there are under her if I'm assuming correctly that she teaches deaf students.

She said there was one (1) and he passed, the others did not fall under the same criteria and did not pass. Even I got that.

She said "Only one and that child".

Do you want to take the STAR and show us where you place?

Back