What Ticks You Off (Most) About Hearies?

Reading California's STAR reports I can see why some people would question such low attrocious scores for a couple of deaf schools over there.

Thank you.

However I don't know who would question schools that are doing well though.

In addition, I don't know of any tests that tests for low atrocity.

Reading California's STAR reports I can see why some people would question such low attrocious scores for a couple of deaf schools over there.

Oh, puhleeze!:roll: Checked any of the public school's ratings lately?

Have you seen the STAR testing results over the last 10 years or so?

Have you seen the impacts of children becoming language delayed or end up with language defiicits because they didnt have ASL from the get go?

And your point is???

That people would easily form their own conclusions by looking at those STAR testing results. I probably could guess what their reactions would be after they see those scores.

Have you seen the impacts of children becoming language delayed or end up with language defiicits because they didnt have ASL from the get go?

I have. And it is more of a concern to me than some STAR rating.:roll:

That people would easily form their own conclusions by looking at those STAR testing results. I probably could guess what their reactions would be after they see those scores.

What would their reactions be, Koko? Please enlighten us, Mr. I know everything on every topic.

You do realize, don't you, that STAR testing results provide very limited information regarding a school's functioning.:cool2:

Do you work or have worked with children who have been severely language delayed and have severe gaps in their language due to not being exposed to full access language (ASL) while they were young?

Or so they say. I think the issue is a bit more complex as to the reason why.

Or so they say. I think the issue is a bit more complex as to the reason why.

Please enlighten us as to exactly what that complexity is. Stop beating around the bush with your rhetoric attempting to appear knowledgeable. Spit it out and show us what you know or don't know about the topic.

Do you work or have worked with children who have been severely language delayed and have severe gaps in their language due to not being exposed to full access language (ASL) while they were young?

What would you say the percentage on the number of students in a deaf school that fits that description?

Let me add something here. Probably a better question. What would you say the percentage be on the number of students in deaf schools (e.g. Riverside, Fremont, etc) that are native signers whose parents are Deaf?

What would you say the percentage on the number of students in a deaf school that fits that description?

What kind of a question is that? It is not limited to students at deaf schools. How about the number of HOH students that are restricted to oral only? They are more likely to be language dysfluent than a student at a deaf school. How about the number of HOH adults that were raised in an oral only environment and educated in the mainstream that show severe language dysfluency despite their attempts to demonstrate a large vocab? The impairment to their cognitive processes is glaring. For one thing, they cannot manage to stay on topic in any thread.

Is this STAR things with the schools anything related to the STAR 9 testing my daughter had to go through?

I know she went through a bunch of "Dial R9 tests or something like that. All I know is, they tested her so much that she got sick of the tests and pitched a massive hissy fit and just refused to do anymore. I sometimes think schools use somethings too often and don't realize the impact it might have on a student. To this day, my daughter is not comfortable taking any kind of test. It brings up too many bad memories and trauma.

Is this STAR things with the schools anything related to the STAR 9 testing my daughter had to go through?

I know she went through a bunch of "Dial R9 tests or something like that. All I know is, they tested her so much that she got sick of the tests and pitched a massive hissy fit and just refused to do anymore. I sometimes think schools use somethings too often and don't realize the impact it might have on a student. To this day, my daughter is not comfortable taking any kind of test. It brings up too many bad memories and trauma.

This is all the result of NCLB. The worst thing that ever happened to education, and here is a poster who wants to give those scores some kind of validity.:roll: All those results show is how well a teacher can drive rote material into his/her students' heads. Doesn't show the skills they are learning that will actually benefit them in the future...just how well a teacher can teach to the test. In other words, drill them over and over on what they are going to be tested on.

Let me add something here. Probably a better question. What would you say the percentage be on the number of students in deaf schools (e.g. Riverside, Fremont, etc) that are native signers whose parents are Deaf?

You are aware, aren't you that Deaf of Deaf test on par with age grouped hearing peers, and have always been the highest tested group to do so? That has been known since the 1970's. A bit behind the times, aren't you?

Back