What is your nationality ?

I am 1/2 Italian and 1/2 Welsh.

An American.

I'm part german, irish, Turkish, norweign and some others. I'm such a mutt! :D

You don't know which country you live in?

Do people often ask if you are a literal thinker?

This would be so boring a thread if we all just answered on that premise.

ha ha yeah

some people dont know their nationality when they were adopted. so it can be an unknown. :)

Do people often ask if you are a literal thinker?

This would be so boring a thread if we all just answered on that premise.

Well......

I answered American since the question is: what is your nationality.

If it was worded: what is your ethnicity/heritage? Then I would've answered differently.

So--since the question is about nationality--I was born in America, therefore I'm an American.

Well......

I answered American since the question is: what is your nationality.

If it was worded: what is your ethnicity/heritage? Then I would've answered differently.

So--since the question is about nationality--I was born in America, therefore I'm an American.

I know Byrdie, but you did not go out of your way to put others down repeatedly. I you did I would be asking you that question.

images
th_smiley_salute.gif

Yesterday I had this nurse asked me about my nationality. She said it is very important for her to know exactly where I came from. Each nationality has their own problem for instance we have arab eurpoean who may immgranit to Eurpose long time ago and may carry a or two bad genes which may be unknown to themselves may cause some heatlh issue. So I gave her all my nationality my ancestors came from. My ancestors came from Irish, Scottish, England, German and Polish. And it is possible I may have a drop of blood native American in me but it was lost and forgotten. Who knows one of my ancestor came from Italy which they came in from Middle east two thousand years ago.

We don't really know our own 100 percent blood.

why are New Zealand people called Kiwis? Bird?

Yesterday I had this nurse asked me about my nationality. She said it is very important for her to know exactly where I came from. Each nationality has their own problem for instance we have arab eurpoean who may immgranit to Eurpose long time ago and may carry a or two bad genes which may be unknown to themselves may cause some heatlh issue. So I gave her all my nationality my ancestors came from. My ancestors came from Irish, Scottish, England, German and Polish. And it is possible I may have a drop of blood native American in me but it was lost and forgotten. Who knows one of my ancestor came from Italy which they came in from Middle east two thousand years ago.

We don't really know our own 100 percent blood.

oh, i had never been asked by nurse or doctor about my nationality. thats interesting. i understand some of nationalities have their own bad genes that doctors get familiar with.

Just a note:

Nationality means to which country do you belong either by birth or naturalization. It doesn't mean your ancestry.

In that case, maybe at least 90% of the responses would be American.

Can I say that my nationality is Arizonan? :giggle:

oh, i had never been asked by nurse or doctor about my nationality. thats interesting. i understand some of nationalities have their own bad genes that doctors get familiar with.
Those questions were very important for my own good and others who are going thru this clinic study trial. It is about new drugs so they are very through about our health and where we came from. They need to know where I came from and make record. My name mean nothing to them only just a number with my background and my health issue. I will find out if I meet their criteria next week or not. If so then I will go thru those trial and see if those new drug will help me or not. I was surprised when this nurse asked me about my nationalities.

Back