What is the sign for "park"?

If Tousi won't say the SEE sign for park, I'll just look at the big yellow SEE book at my parents' when I am there for the holidays soon. :D

One sign I saw is the letter P across the forehead that an ASL teacher used.

Did you remember to check the SEE book?

are you deaf?

Seriously, any deaf person would know.

I had my interpreting students criticize the site for a report before.
No, I'm not deaf.

I wanted to know which specif signs were wrong.

Sometimes signs aren't "wrong" but regional or generational differences.

A site doesn't have to be perfect in order to have value. Do you know any perfect sign language sites?

No, I'm not deaf.

I wanted to know which specif signs were wrong.

Sometimes signs aren't "wrong" but regional or generational differences.

A site doesn't have to be perfect in order to have value. Do you know any perfect sign language sites?

Just looking at the first ten signs "Short" for abbreviate--- ehhh, sort of but not the best sign for the most common meaning.

Also, Abstract: There is a sign for abstract, it doesn't have to be fingerspelled, and it definitely isn't "made up out of nowhere" like the sign following the fingerspelling express.

You're right, no site is perfect, but they could be a lot closer. I know they have a disclaimer for not being the only site to go to- but again, they could pull in more native signers in order to be more accurate and effective.

That's why it's useful to check several sites. I know more than one sign for a lot of things, for example INDIAN and FOOTBALL.

Interesting... My sign is different. I never spell it out for the word, "park", I just sign it. Use "P" fingerspell hand and starts with your elbow, and then to move it to the side of your wrist. But, as for another meaning of the same word, I do agree with Vampy for parking lots if it is for cars. :)

i am right hand dominant and I sign PARK with a P handshape on my right sholder, not the same motion as cop.. little bit of a circle...

I am so bad at explaining signs lol

I use the sign for area. Use the number 5 with your palm facing down out at your side about chest level height. Then move it in a circular motion to the right. If you are right handed use your right hand.

There is also the letter p just below the shoulder. The claw handshape swiped across the forehead. I have seen those used for park as well.

Other idea I have come up with...

"play ground" same idea as park? That's an idea.

Where on earth did ASLPRO get the two handed little finger sign for the color orange?

Never seen it done that way anywhere else.
It might be regional? :dunno:

It appears to use the concept of peeling an orange. It might be used to separate the color orange from the fruit. I vaguely recall seeing that somewhere else (maybe a book) but I can't recall where.

We don't use that sign locally.

Back