What is the most annoying questions hearing people ask you?

aweet_princess198925

Reaction score
I hate stupid questions but I have 2 that are just annoying.

1. If your deaf can you read?
2. Can you drive?
3. How can you listen to music or dance?

Like really. Do people not pick up books or Google at least anything before asking a question. I know people say no question is a dumb question but I disagree.

There are levels of deafness. Yes I'm deaf but I can hear loud music with my head phones and no it's not 100% clear but I can hear something. Yes I can drive it's my ears that have a problem Not my eyes, hands, or feet. And again yes I can read my eyes are just fine.

And it's irritated that some people who ask these are related to me and know I drive and I am a straight A student and know I dance and teach dance.

Sent from my LGLS990 using AllDeaf App mobile app

I'm completely, 100% deaf in both ears, but all the time I get,

"can you hear the TV ok?"

me: "no . . ."

*turns it up*

"what about now?"

me: " . . ."

funny
o.png

I've never had any strange questions, only statements like, "you're too young to be deaf (well, that was when I was too young to be deaf) and gee, "you'd never know you were deaf, you do so well". Those aren't bothersome statements 'though.

I've never had any strange questions, only statements like, "you're too young to be deaf (well, that was when I was too young to be deaf) and gee, "you'd never know you were deaf, you do so well". Those aren't bothersome statements 'though.

:laugh2: Really people said you were too young to be deaf?

I was only asked this once. And i admit the girl who asked me was smoooookin hot, literally glowing.
Do you know brail?
I was sorry to disapoint.

I hate stupid questions but I have 2 that are just annoying.

1. If your deaf can you read?
2. Can you drive?
3. How can you listen to music or dance?

Like really. Do people not pick up books or Google at least anything before asking a question. I know people say no question is a dumb question but I disagree.

There are levels of deafness. Yes I'm deaf but I can hear loud music with my head phones and no it's not 100% clear but I can hear something. Yes I can drive it's my ears that have a problem Not my eyes, hands, or feet. And again yes I can read my eyes are just fine.

And it's irritated that some people who ask these are related to me and know I drive and I am a straight A student and know I dance and teach dance.

I tell people go watch and listen to Evelyn Glennie they get good idea how deaf listen to music and understanding dynamics of it more than hearing person.
princess afraid family can be the worse

I was only asked this once. And i admit the girl who asked me was smoooookin hot, literally glowing.
Do you know brail?
I was sorry to disapoint.

You could had said "Yes you're blind" and ask it you could touch her to see what she 'looked like' :naughty: I had a blind client and I was helping her get up and she held onto my arm and said " Oh you're a little thing".

This girl I met on the train said someone commented " I didn't know there were deaf black people". I didn't no deafness was a ethnic thing.

" You don't seem hard of hearing"

and in the case of my learning disability-
"but you seem smart"

ohh.- messed up, sorry - the question part I missed.
don't at moment recall any what I thought was dumb questions they ask me..usually the response is the first one above

Some things people say make me happy I'm deaf so it's easier to ignore.

This girl I met on the train said someone commented " I didn't know there were deaf black people". I didn't no deafness was a ethnic thing.

never be surprised what people say I sure even dafter than this but not think what

Back