What good thing happened to you today?

My husband wanted napolitos , so we went to a Mexican grocery we had never been to before. I got cookies I haven't had since we moved from the border, and I saw many other familiar things. I got a bottle of Jarritos Lime soda.

That was a happy thing. I hope to go there for every shopping day now. :)

32647309-260x260-0-0_Jarritos+Jarritos+Lime+Soda+13+5oz.jpg

^^^Yes, but you're in IRELAND!!! I'd be happy about that, rain or no.

Some people in the English speaking community have some kind of cultural affinity to Ireland that I do not really understand. I come from another corner of Europe.

Let me tell you some highlights that I have seen here. The Viking splash tour in Dublin (I am a descendant of the fearful vikings, by the way), the cheese museum in Cork and the Jameson whisky distillery in Midleton.

:drool:

Sorry, anglophile here! Everything sounds good.

Some people in the English speaking community have some kind of cultural affinity to Ireland that I do not really understand. I come from another corner of Europe.

Let me tell you some highlights that I have seen here. The Viking splash tour in Dublin (I am a descendant of the fearful vikings, by the way), the cheese museum in Cork and the Jameson whisky distillery in Midleton.

You should see the museum where that have all the gold torques and artefacts.

Sometimes it rains two days in a row incessantly. That is tough. But I like it more than where I grew up in Sweden. We could have -15 C sometimes in the winter.

And now those Canadians are going to tell me that it nothing as compared to their winters.

Lol! -15 is Canadian summer. *Scoffs* :giggle:

MIL bought me a fleece cape for an early Christmas present. She didn't like that I don't have a winter coat anymore and I was cold last year.

I have gotten my second wedding photography job in a week. Man this God at work. =D

My ex-daughter in law might be getting back together with my son (they've been married 21 years and never got a divorse!)....Makes my heart sing!...She's a good girl, a wonderful and caring friend....and she's Canadian.

Took my cat to the vet today for a follow up. Turns out he has gained some weight since he went on thyroid medication!!

:D

Dixie, how nice!! I didn't realize you were a professional photographer. That's great that you're getting some nice jobs.

My ex-daughter in law might be getting back together with my son (they've been married 21 years and never got a divorse!)....Makes my heart sing!...She's a good girl, a wonderful and caring friend....and she's Canadian.

How long have they been separated? Good luck to them; it takes a lot of strength to rebuild a relationship.

Dixie, how nice!! I didn't realize you were a professional photographer. That's great that you're getting some nice jobs.

I didn't either, but my work on FB has apparently gotten around and I've had people refer to me. This is actually kind of exciting!

How long have they been separated? Good luck to them; it takes a lot of strength to rebuild a relationship.

Off and on, about 5-6 years I believe....they do have a 19 yr. old daughter (and she's beautiful!)....They've been spending more time together now that the daughter has moved out and living on her own. My son could never find another lady (in my opinion) better than she is!...and he asked me the other day...."how are you and her getting along?"...and I said..."as always, awesome!" She was a big help to me when I had my surgery.

Got my apt keys back from the ex. Dating a new hearing guy now. Here's to hoping that I don't experience any more ridiculous shit. I deserve a good life.

Also setting up a non-profit organization for NYC area for women going through DV like I did. I'd open my home and arms if I had the room for it to all the women I knew who were being treated like I was. I want to get enough funding to get a house so I can have a home for all the women who need it. My studio isn't enough. Maybe for one person, but I'd still open my arms if needed. Can sleep in my bed if needed, can live off my income if needed. Their lives matter more to me than my own.

:drool:

Sorry, anglophile here! Everything sounds good.

No offence. But to be honest, I still do not understand the cultural affinity to Ireland that you sometimes hear in the English-speaking world. And the same thing applies to the French. They have some cultural affinities that I really do not understand and that are different from anything else that I know.

I am quite like Spock in Star Trek. I try to use logic to guide myself around in this world.

Back