What freedoms did we used to have in the U.S.A that we don't have now?

Whenever I've interpreted at closings, the attorney paid my fee. One attorney needed a little educating by me, and I made sure that he paid me directly and separately from any closing fees. He tried to pull a fast one by charging the deaf client but I stood there and waited until he cut them a new check reimbursing the fee.
Of course some people will try to avoid paying for terps but they usually give in with a little assertiveness.

Which state does this apply to?

Michigan title office cannot afford interpreter because of State laws restrict their fees at closing. ADA does not apply.

That one of biggest movement that DFEC will work on to advocate and prevent this from happening again.

In case if you are wondering what DFEC is... Deaf Financial Education Center. Deaf Financial Education Center. We are in progress of obtaining board of trustee. Once slots are filled, then we will begin the hiring employee to educate deaf community about financial.

Also DFEC will work on develop affiliate program with all interpreter that can do mortgage closing. Also Affiliate with Real Estate Agents national wide. Spin off from DeafMortgage.net affiliated program.

So we are already tackling this issue in near future when we get enough board of trustee to get grant money for DFEC. We are seeking in best interest of deaf community and interpreter as well.

As a pet owner, we do not want to spay our small dog yet animal control said we must spay our small dog. Before we had a choice, but now they made decision for us against our wishes. That is not America I know of.

Now I had to hid my small dog from them so they won't ticket us for not spay her and not license her (need to spay before we can license her).

WHAT!!! :eek3:

As a pet owner, we do not want to spay our small dog yet animal control said we must spay our small dog. Before we had a choice, but now they made decision for us against our wishes. That is not America I know of.

Now I had to hid my small dog from them so they won't ticket us for not spay her and not license her (need to spay before we can license her).

I am going to assume you are in state of California. I heard about animal control because of stray animals issue in big cities.

I say ouch... expensive to require it but what do you expect from owning a pet.

I am going to assume you are in state of California. I heard about animal control because of stray animals issue in big cities.

The decision should be make by the pet owners because it´s them who adopt the pets, not anyone.

But why force the pet owners to spay their pets?

why would you not want to spay your dog? Unless you intend to use your dog for breeding purpose.... it is considered irresponsible and selfish not to do so. Spaying is PERFECTLY healthy and beneficial for your dog as she will not have periodical bloody periods, unpleasant sexual tension, and cancer in sexual organs in future time. Dog in heat can attract male dogs up to several miles.

This is not about America and freedom. This is about a HUMANE approach to deal with SAFETY and overpopulation of dogs and cats.

it's not THAT expensive. I believe it's about $100 or so. Very easy and quick procedure.

The decision should be make by the pet owners because it´s them who adopt the pets, not anyone.

When it comes to adoption - all dogs are already spayed/neutered.

When it comes to adoption - all dogs are already spayed/neutered.

Oh I see. I assume that the adoption is from the pet shelter, you referring to? Correct? If yes, Yes the spayed/neutered are automatic from the pet shelter to prevent from more kitten/puppies but not from private pet breeders.

Most private pet breeders do not spayed/neutered but shots before sell them to the new pet owners. It´s up to the pet owners either they want spayed/neutered their pets or not.

Some of my friends bought the expensive pets from the breeder... Few of them breed the kitten/puppies and others don´t beleive in spayed/neutered because it consider as cruel. :dunno: Each person is different.

Agree... its has to do something with issue of overpopulated spray dogs in large citites. Overwhelming the pounds.

I have had three dogs in my life time. two were sprayed and one wasn't. I had more problem with my non-sprayed dog as he love to seek heated dogs. Oh well... its our responsible to control the pets anyway.

Unfortunately, I was living in rural and non-sprayed dog was killed by .22 rifle. We suspect neighbor hate us and saw our dog trying to hump their dog. So they just went after my dog. Sad story... happened 11 years ago when I was a kid in middle school.

Oh I see. I assume that the adoption is from the pet shelter, you referring to? Correct? If yes, Yes the spayed/neutered are automatic from the pet shelter to prevent from more kitten/puppies but not from private pet breeders.

Most private pet breeders do not spayed/neutered but shots. It´s up to the pet owners either they want spayed/neutered their pets or not.

Some of my friends bought the expensive pets from the breeder... Few of them breed the kitten/puppies and others don´t beleive in spayed/neutered because it consider as cruel. :dunno: Each person is different.

Yes correct. When you say "adopt" - I assumed that it's from pet shelter. and yes you are correct that private breeders do not spay/neuter the puppies because the puppies will lose a significant monetary value :laugh2: and they are not required by laws to do so. It is very common for town/cities to have a law requiring that your dogs be registered and required to be spayed/neutered. Again - this is for EVERYBODY'S safety and clean environment. Do you want to see stray cat/dog breeding many kittens/puppies all over the place? Do you want to see your child getting attacked by stray dog?

People who don't believe in spay/neuter are absolutely wrong. It is NOT cruel and it is IRRESPONSIBLE not to do so. These people are just overly-sensitive type who probably think eating meat is wrong. This procedure doesn't even hurt at all!!!! The dog will just get back to normal in just couple days and he/she doesn't even know what just happened but what is GREAT is that they do not have a horrible sexual tension. Believe me - it is ABSOLUTELY CRUEL to get dog/cat sexually-frustrated every time. VERY CRUEL.

Agree... its has to do something with issue of overpopulated spray dogs in large citites. Overwhelming the pounds.

I have had three dogs in my life time. two were sprayed and one wasn't. I had more problem with my non-sprayed dog as he love to seek heated dogs. Oh well... its our responsible to control the pets anyway.

Unfortunately, I was living in rural and non-sprayed dog was killed by .22 rifle. We suspect neighbor hate us and saw our dog trying to hump their dog. So they just went after my dog. Sad story... happened 11 years ago when I was a kid in middle school.

MOTHERF**KER!!!! :mad2: Damnation to that neighbor!

Yes correct. When you say "adopt" - I assumed that it's from pet shelter. and yes you are correct that private breeders do not spay/neuter the puppies because the puppies will lose a significant monetary value :laugh2: and they are not required by laws to do so. It is very common for town/cities to have a law requiring that your dogs be registered and required to be spayed/neutered. Again - this is for EVERYBODY'S safety and clean environment. Do you want to see stray cat/dog breeding many kittens/puppies all over the place? Do you want to see your child getting attacked by stray dog?

People who don't believe in spay/neuter are absolutely wrong. It is NOT cruel and it is IRRESPONSIBLE not to do so. These people are just overly-sensitive type who probably think eating meat is wrong. This procedure doesn't even hurt at all!!!! The dog will just get back to normal in just couple days and he/she doesn't even know what just happened but what is GREAT is that they do not have a horrible sexual tension. Believe me - it is ABSOLUTELY CRUEL to get dog/cat sexually-frustrated every time. VERY CRUEL.

:laugh2:

Most private pet breeders do not spayed/neutered but shots before sell them to the new pet owners. It´s up to the pet owners either they want spayed/neutered their pets or not.

I bought this puppy from a breeder and would like to bred her once then she will not need to have another pregnancy since everyone else want one puppy of her which u won't find it in animal shelter. I will not spay her since she is small.

Everyone has their own story, do u wanna to hear ours? My husband, our neighbors and a cop went out one morning shot and killed couple dogs for killing cow and hurt couple of other farm animals, goats, one horse and two cows. The owners of dead dogs had to pay for dead cow and vet bills. Once dog taste for blood then they are no good.

why would you not want to spay your dog? Unless you intend to use your dog for breeding purpose.... it is considered irresponsible and selfish not to do so. Spaying is PERFECTLY healthy and beneficial for your dog as she will not have periodical bloody periods, unpleasant sexual tension, and cancer in sexual organs in future time. Dog in heat can attract male dogs up to several miles.

This is not about America and freedom. This is about a HUMANE approach to deal with SAFETY and overpopulation of dogs and cats.
U can call me irresponble for that I do not give u a s**%. She is indoor dog so she is hardly go outside. besdie we used to have a small dog for many years and she never got fixed and she never got cancer. while our past dogs who got spayed or neutered and some of them ended up died of cancer.

I just finished reading the newspaper and since we are on this subject about what freedoms that we used to have but don't now.....

Washing your car at home.

Luckily for me--I can wash my car at home with a bucket, soap and water. Yet in the major cities such as Seattle, Portland, etc, you have to take your car to the car wash to wash it......due to the environment.

Another freedom, which I have and others in the big cities don't--using your fireplace.

Recycling is another issue. Now before y';; ju,p on my case about recycling--we do recycle but it's not comprehensive as Seattle, Portland due to limitations of our sanitation department.

Ahhh country livin' coastal livin' :) :lol:

Everyone has their own story, do u wanna to hear ours? My husband, our neighbors and a cop went out one morning shot and killed couple dogs for killing cow and hurt couple of other farm animals, goats, one horse and two cows. The owners of dead dogs had to pay for dead cow and vet bills. Once dog taste for blood then they are no good.

sadly true... :mad:

Back