What do you like most about the holiday season?

Wirelessly posted

My birthday!

Me too Rio! When your birthday? Mine December 12.

I also like buying presents for nieces, nephews. They so cute. Holiday parties great too. My favourite part was always Christmas Eve supper Dallas mom house...I suspect I not invited this year though.

The Marines gathering toys for tots. For some reason that always tugs at my heartstrings.

Bobs%20Sweet%20Stripe%20Mints.jpg

Ohhh...Botts, I love Bob's Peppermints, too. I prefer the stick version, but they have gotten very hard to find!

The Marines gathering toys for tots. For some reason that always tugs at my heartstrings.

My dad was involved with Toys for Tots every year I can remember until he died. He loved doing the deliveries, but he always came home in tears because of the poverty ridden conditions some of these families lived in.

My dad was involved with Toys for Tots every year I can remember until he died. He loved doing the deliveries, but he always came home in tears because of the poverty ridden conditions some of these families lived in.

I KNOW the Marines feel the same way. I will return there today with a few gifts. One of them will be a Micro Mosquito RC helicopter. I decided a kid needs it more than I do. :giggle:

I refuse to add one until I can grow my own. :lol:

...a month's worth of vacation. :D
I am off work from 23rd December until 30th January 2012. :cool2:

^^^Cute, Botti! Are they yours?

Do you wear them to annoy the hearies with their jingly little bells? :giggle:

I don't have those yet. I used to have plaid high top Converse that had little bells sewn to the top back.

The bells did disappear, so I guess one of my kids must have been annoyed. :P

Colors, I think.

I love the garland I have over my cabinets with lighting (I have an over-cabinet plug with switch so I can turn on anytime! YAY!), Christmas trees with ornaments, lighting, garland, driving down the street and seeing all the homes decorated with outdoor lighting, wreaths, etc. All the many colors make me feel very festive.

It seems to me that around Christmas time...people are so much nicer...families getting in touch with each other when living miles apart.....

The smell of a live Christmas tree....and especially the gift wrapping of gifts to put under the tree.....It's one of my favorite times of the year....lots of good cheer and good will....

And of course, good ol' Jolly St. Nick at the Malls...and the children making their requests, and proud parents taking pictures.....

To me, it's a day of rebirth....and thoughts of a better New Year!...Christmas Carolers...so much more!

I have Christmas socks with bells that I would wear to work and wonder why people were looking at me. Then I got my Naida HA's with sound recovery and now I can hear the bells. Probably won't wear them as often now. :giggle:

I have Christmas socks with bells that I would wear to work and wonder why people were looking at me. Then I got my Naida HA's with sound recovery and now I can hear the bells. Probably won't wear them as often now. :giggle:

I hadn't thought of it, and I didn't realize the picture I posted had bells until MBrek mentioned it, but now I will be out actively looking for some with bells! :P

I had some socks that had a small pom pom of them and wore them to a client that had a cat. When I walked by the cat he tried to get the pom pom and end up biting my ankle and drew a little blood! I had to go to the ER for a tetanus shot . When I was calling my supervisor to date up her some guy was listening to me with great interests. He was the ACO and wanted to know who owned the cat etc!

I love the kids going crazy. I love the lights, but not the make me wreck my car lights. I hate the movie a christmas story worst movie ever imo but of course I have to watch it on 900 channels for the rest of the month. I am hoping santa brings me a million dollars :) or a couple of new ps3 games whatever.

Back