What do you like most about the holiday season?

I hadn't thought of it, and I didn't realize the picture I posted had bells until MBrek mentioned it, but now I will be out actively looking for some with bells! :P

Woot! Annoy the hearies!!! :lol:

I love going into Old Town Alexandria and seeing the 18th century style decorations on the doors and windows. People put up the half-circle of greenery, often with apples, sometimes with a pineapple (a symbol of hospitality). They also do magnolia-leaf wreaths and boxwood wreaths, as well as fir-tree and pine wreaths. And almost everyone does the single-candle-in-the-window decoration, too. Usually these are electric candles, but sometimes even with real candles (in a glass hurricane vase) if the inside window sill is deep enough.

And all the white lights down King Street. It's really beautiful.

Oh, this sounds like something fun to do. I'll have to check it out. Thanks!

Just letting the world know, I have more than enough fruitcake. Arghhh.

I like this post (and that's all you get. I hope Santa leaves you a ball of coal that says, "Like" on it.)

holiday means beer

Correction. holiday means more beer

Christmas decorations that are all over. I love looking at lights. I also got to see Frankenmuth, MI. The world's largest Christmas Store is there. If you have not been there, you should visit it. I was amazed at how big it was!!!

Oh, this sounds like something fun to do. I'll have to check it out. Thanks!

I like this post (and that's all you get. I hope Santa leaves you a ball of coal that says, "Like" on it.)

Correction. holiday means more beer

Yep, a LOT LOT more beer! lol

Just today I read on my FB about the gas station (convenience store) that is just about a block down the street from my house. A police officer stopped in and paid for the next 2 customers' coffee. So when neighbors of mine stopped in tonight with their daughter and her friend, their coffee/cocoa was paid for. They are now hunting down that police officer (in a good way!) to send him a thank you/Chistmas card. What a nice act of generosity!

PlumPudding.jpg

Plum pudding.

Holly berries are poisonous why would anyone put them on food!!

I don't like the stress! I'm done shopping, and I can get to the fun decorating. The cat's going to love it.

Me too Rio! When your birthday? Mine December 12.

I also like buying presents for nieces, nephews. They so cute. Holiday parties great too. My favourite part was always Christmas Eve supper Dallas mom house...I suspect I not invited this year though.

My best friend birthday was Dec. 12 , she dies when she was 40 yo of a brain tumor. Mine is Dec. 7
Happy birthday!

I don't like the stress! I'm done shopping, and I can get to the fun decorating. The cat's going to love it.

Because my winter break starts after Christmas weekend, we cant shop on our winter break so thats new for me and many others which adds on the stress. Right now, i am shopping little by little knowing that I dont have the luxury of using my winter break to catch up on my shopping this year. GRR!

Shel, I bought everything online. I'm not well enough to shop right now, and my meds lower my immune system. Better to avoid crowds. I didn't go overboard. Just one gift for each person.

My dad was involved with Toys for Tots every year I can remember until he died. He loved doing the deliveries, but he always came home in tears because of the poverty ridden conditions some of these families lived in.

My dad drove around looking for news papers boys so he could buy all of their papers so they could go home to their families . He hated to see the boys selling papers in the winters as he had to do this too as a boy to help support his famliy.

I love not having school, seeing all the Christmas lights, and enjoying a mug of hot cocoa in front of a warm fireplace. :)

Seeing friends and family, spiced wine, good food, fireplaces, snow, the smell of pine trees, downhill skiing, playing cards and board games, cracking nuts, and best part of all, watching the kids go nuts xmas morning :) My mother was born on Christmas day and she passed away when I was 15 so I didn't enjoy xmas until my own children were old enough to get excited about it.

Im sorry to hear you lost your mother at age 15. No child should lose their mother at that age.

Eggnog and my beard. Too cold not to let yo' beard grow. :lol: I enjoy christmas lights.

I love it all. The tree decorated with ny childrens ornaments. I have bought 1for each child every year. My favorite are all the angel ornaments that my sister gives me in memory of our child passing. So every year I get new male angel.

I will miss the Xmas music. Unless Santa can get me HA before Xmas. I would love to hear my family, especially ny mom and kids. Happy Holidays

Sharing, I suppose... and being together with family and friends.

Fuzzy

What do I like about the holidays? If it's Christmas then I like to go around and say "Merry Christmas!"

:wave:

Other than that, it's the perennial hope for a white Christmas waking up to the delight of kids squealing, either because it's snowing or presents under our Christmas tree (or both).

Back