What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I learned I need a lot more work on receptive signing skills.

By 'voice' I mean language a way of being heard expressing my thoughts and opinions Im not referring to this in an auditory or vocal sense...
My ASL is not good, I lack personality due to a lack of language I can't hear people so this makes it hard to carry a conversation... I hope to one day have a 'voice' again...

Horrible explanation but do you get what I mean?

Yes I do. It's a good explanation. :)

I learned that I had a fever last night. This am, I woke up sweating and my temp back to normal...

I learned I did not get the USDA position I had been hoping for. I re-applied for full-time status and widened my availability and will include my college transcript and work history. I won't qualify at the 7 level, but should at the 5 level. If I go full-time I will be moving.

I learned I did not get the USDA position I had been hoping for. I re-applied for full-time status and widened my availability and will include my college transcript and work history. I won't qualify at the 7 level, but should at the 5 level. If I go full-time I will be moving.

Oh that's a shame. Good luck with this next effort. Hope things look up for you.

Bummer. But hopefully you'll gain whatever positon you can get through USDA. A move might be good for you and your daughter.

Bummer. But hopefully you'll gain whatever positon you can get through USDA. A move might be good for you and your daughter.

I'm ready to get out of here, that's for sure. If it is during the school year I may stay at wherever during the week and come home on weekends until summer when I can get my DD transferred without her having to miss school, and during that time I can find a babysitter and find an apartment. Many people have said that a move would do me good. Right now I'm just trying to get myself back together for the next thing. (I have a packet for DeQueen, AR but it is only a part-time position, if it were full-time then yeah I'd go). The bad thing about this is that you are only allowed to decline a position 3 times before you are no longer allowed to apply for so much time. I'm trying to use my declinations wisely. So far I will have only 1 when I decline DeQueen tomorrow.

I'm ready to get out of here, that's for sure. If it is during the school year I may stay at wherever during the week and come home on weekends until summer when I can get my DD transferred without her having to miss school, and during that time I can find a babysitter and find an apartment. Many people have said that a move would do me good. Right now I'm just trying to get myself back together for the next thing. (I have a packet for DeQueen, AR but it is only a part-time position, if it were full-time then yeah I'd go). The bad thing about this is that you are only allowed to decline a position 3 times before you are no longer allowed to apply for so much time. I'm trying to use my declinations wisely. So far I will have only 1 when I decline DeQueen tomorrow.

Ok, I give in. I've asked around and around... Nobody seems to know either..

I know you're referring to your daughter but what does "DD" stand for?

I think DD means Dear Daughter. DH would be Dear Husband. DS would be Dear Son.

Ah, after reading some of your posts, I would have thought you didnt have "Dear" in your vocabulary.

I've alway referred to DD, DS and DH as Darling Daughter, son or hubby.

I do know that my father once referred to me as his DDDDDDD, that was the Dear Daring Darling Desperately Dateless Dumb Daughter. He was OF - Old Fart. Even had a hat made up with that on it.

That's a bummer :( Sorry to hear this. Hopefully something new will come of your re-application!!

I learned that a good friend, who was my maid of honor, is in the hospital. She has had juvenile and rheumatoid arthritis since childhood. About 8-10 years ago, her rheumatologist was trying her out with various medications to make life a little easier and in with all the medicines and injections she was getting, he was not keeping an eye on her blood. She developed Hep C and now has cirrhosis of the liver. Well, she was admitted to the hospital today with an enlarged spleen and her white blood count is low. So far, she has fluid build-up in her abdomen and legs and there is an infection in the fluid. She is getting antibiotics and they think she will be there for 2-3 days, then she will be transferred to Shands (North FL) for testing and whatever regarding her spleen.

I learned there is a good chance of snow tomorrow afternoon in Vancouver. The one in Washington, not Canada.

I just learned how to crotchet the ipod case, and I think it's fun to do crotchet something so people will ask you, where did you get that? I say, from my brain. :D

That's a bummer :( Sorry to hear this. Hopefully something new will come of your re-application!!

I hope so too, but I seriously doubt anything will happen. It will be the same ol same ol.

I learned that Sunday after church, we will be getting 2 cats. MIL has agreed to it as long as we keep the litter box clean and the house does not smell like cat. Hubby's boss has two to give us. He has found homes for the 2 dogs and the bird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back