What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I learnt (saw on TV) how a dead calf (still inside of the cow's womb) has to be removed :shock: Not a nice view. I think I'm partially traumatised for the next couple days... I felt so sorry when the cow was up in the truck ready to be brought back home without her calf. :(

I re-learned that the rain is not done yet. We had massive storms. the worst lightning I have seen in years and flooding. The yard is still underwater and the rain is beginning again. We have also found that there is a leak in the roof in our bedroom. MIL thought she had a little more time before redoing the roof. Last time it was done was 20 years ago with repairs after the hurricanes (4) went through a few years ago. There goes one of her savings accounts. :shock:

:hug: Sorry to hear! Flooding is awful! My cousin lives a couple blocks from the beach in NJ and he is experiencing some major flooding too.:(

Just got off the phone, learned few things regarding Gallaudet.

:hug: Sorry to hear! Flooding is awful! My cousin lives a couple blocks from the beach in NJ and he is experiencing some major flooding too.:(

Sounds like your cousin's in Ocean County.

Wirelessly posted

I learned what's it like to be a patient. At the doc for follow up exam. I hope everything is ok on boobie.

what did you learn? do educate us.
Spoke to the staff at gally, who scheduled me for the day at gally in January, I had Questions to ask, so learnt about accelerated courses - which ends up only applies to american citizens, which I am not. Applications to get in can hold up to 5 years. the funds is the issue as I have barriers down here.

Sounds like your cousin's in Ocean County.

Yes he is. He asked me if I wanted to have mother nature wash my car for free, interior included! :lol: Last summer when I was down they had some flooding, but this sounds a lot worse!

Wirelessly posted

quirkylibra said:
Oceanblue7 said:
I learned what's it like to be a patient. At the doc for follow up exam. I hope everything is ok on boobie.

:shock: I hope everything is ok!

Yes, me too its a follow to make sure everything is good. I have what they call "breast mice" due to drinking caffeine.

Last edited:
Wirelessly posted

Yes, me too its a follow to make sure everything is good. I have what they call "breast mice" due to drinking caffeine.

Sorry to hear. I drink tons of caffeine with no problems so far. I'll cross my fingers and toes for you. :D

I learned that it us not good to have more than 2 different doctor appointments because all of the copay money cost too much. Now I'm broke. :(

Wirelessly posted

quirkylibra said:
Oceanblue7 said:

Sorry to hear. I drink tons of caffeine with no problems so far. I'll cross my fingers and toes for you. :D

:ty: :D

Good news, no change :) everything is fine :)

Last edited:
has learnt that I hardly post on AD nowadays...

Oh well.....sometimes there's just more things going on in life. Or sometimes AD just can only do so much for entertainment sakes and a break is neccessary.

I learned that just because you are craving Thin Mint Girl Scout cookies doesn't mean you can find a kid selling them on a rainy day! :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back