What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Learned that it will be below freezing overnight all next week. Come on, where is Spring????!!!!

It's here in Arkansas.

Just learned the washing machine that was bought less than 6 months ago has crapped out on us. =( Looks like I'll be spending Saturday night at the laundromat with a bag full of quarters.

Just learned the washing machine that was bought less than 6 months ago has crapped out on us. =( Looks like I'll be spending Saturday night at the laundromat with a bag full of quarters.

:(

Learned today that my friend whom I met up with today is 7 months pregger but doesn't look like it.

Also learned I'm not broody but methinks our other friend is. ;)

I learned rosemary is good for you.

Learned that Mandatory Water Restrictions start this Saturday around here. We can only water the yard and such twice a week and only for 2 hours at a time. MIL's sprinkler system is run off the well water, but the city still says that since she has city water for the house, she can't water her yard except for the 2 days a week.

Learned that Mandatory Water Restrictions start this Saturday around here. We can only water the yard and such twice a week and only for 2 hours at a time. MIL's sprinkler system is run off the well water, but the city still says that since she has city water for the house, she can't water her yard except for the 2 days a week.

I don't know why they would object. It would not be cutting into their water supplies, and it should not even show up on the meter.

Did you know rosemary means remembrance? My ex mother-in-law always sent me rosemary with cards and small gifts. I miss that little gesture sometimes.

Wirelessly posted

deafbajagal said:
Did you know rosemary means remembrance? My ex mother-in-law always sent me rosemary with cards and small gifts. I miss that little gesture sometimes.

No wonder rosemary is suppose to be good for the memory as that one benefit from it along with others. I didn't know it meant remembrance.

learned i need another truck load of basefill metal, duh more shoving and wheelbarrowing... groans..

Other way around

Does it look cheap to you, Dixie...
or the other way around?

What is wrong with you? That's not a joke, Dixie has a greay look and I like the new picture...Maybe I am being protective of a friend..But you seem
"mean spirited" Midnight♥♥♥:cool2:

What is wrong with you? That's not a joke, Dixie has a greay look and I like the new picture...Maybe I am being protective of a friend..But you seem
"mean spirited" Midnight♥♥♥:cool2:

I think he just wondered how the price of the Ipad looked to Dixie in comparison to the US>

We all like her new picture. :lol:

I learned He's Just Not That Into You. <head/smack> Since when do I fall for that?

Men: +1
Oracle: -10 for setting back the feminist movement fifty years.

I don't know why they would object. It would not be cutting into their water supplies, and it should not even show up on the meter.

They are afraid that if the neighbors, who no longer have well water, would take her watering as much as she wants as being okay to do with their city water. The whole neighborhood was on well water years ago, but about 5-8 years ago, they wanted to switch to city water. Most everyone paid to have the lines put in and all. Some people decided to keep their sprinklers on well water, others opted not to. The lady across the street paid like everyone, but decided to not get her city water. If she had not paid, then no one would have been able to get it. She does have in writing that since she already paid for it, then if she decides at a later date to get it installed, then they cannot charge her anything to do it. We had one neighbor that got into a bunch of trouble and had charges filed against him. He wanted to fill his swimming pool, but didn't want the water bill that reflected it, so he ran a hose from his neighbor's house. Little did he know, that the hose was hooked up to the well water of this lady across the street while she was out of town. The meter reader saw the hose and reported it.

They are afraid that if the neighbors, who no longer have well water, would take her watering as much as she wants as being okay to do with their city water. The whole neighborhood was on well water years ago, but about 5-8 years ago, they wanted to switch to city water. Most everyone paid to have the lines put in and all. Some people decided to keep their sprinklers on well water, others opted not to. The lady across the street paid like everyone, but decided to not get her city water. If she had not paid, then no one would have been able to get it. She does have in writing that since she already paid for it, then if she decides at a later date to get it installed, then they cannot charge her anything to do it. We had one neighbor that got into a bunch of trouble and had charges filed against him. He wanted to fill his swimming pool, but didn't want the water bill that reflected it, so he ran a hose from his neighbor's house. Little did he know, that the hose was hooked up to the well water of this lady across the street while she was out of town. The meter reader saw the hose and reported it.

Wow. Snoopy town officials. We used to have water rationing in El Paso, but I thought Florida was wet.

This may just be my lack of knowlege really showing. Why do you even have water rationing? Is this common in Florida?

I feel spoiled. Where I live, it's water water everywhere. We have fire restrictions, not water restrictions. :/

Our early settlers had some good ideas, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back