What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I learned it was nice meeting BecLak in person today.

I try best hard work focus best cope tough! I am figure out learn improve upgrade on my computer i am research find information! It is very great impressive techincal

I learned that there was a third explosion at Pike River mine today. Rest in peace to those 29 miners in New Zealand. :(

I learned that even though I have a small house, it takes 5 freaking hours to clean it!

join the club...

somehow i think its the space of larger houses seems to hide the mess more easily.. (storage and less cluttering on the shelves..) but then again im quite selective of what to put on display in the living room, etc.. btw i like my small house it isnt that bad...try break it down to 1/2 a day...especially after you've done a major..then is easy..you wouldnt ever know

I learned that the cheapest Blu-ray player I can find is a Sony for $99.00 USD. My mom believes if it is over $70.00 USD it is too expensive. She doesn't realize you are going to have to lay down some cash for Blu-ray technology.

But I did however scope out a DVD/VHS combination player for my dad for $80.00 USD at Target as he said he wanted a new one for Christmas.

I'm also going to TSC to find my DD some pink Fatbaby boots. I may end up getting her the Probaby's which are slightly cheaper. I may also look at the Farmer's Co-op that my uncle runs. Hopefully he will be there and I might be able to purchase them at cost.

As for my brother and his girlfriend I will be getting them each a $25 gift card to American Eagle.

And for me? People are asking me what I want for my birthday since it is tomorrow, I have told them I don't know. I have thought about going to TSC and buying me some new coveralls since I've shrunk since I wore my other pair. I may just get the insulated trousers and purchase a Carhartt jacket so I can move a bit better with two seperate pieces rather than one piece. Hopefully I will find what I am after today, at least the gifts for others.

I learned that the cheapest Blu-ray player I can find is a Sony for $99.00 USD. My mom believes if it is over $70.00 USD it is too expensive. She doesn't realize you are going to have to lay down some cash for Blu-ray technology.

They had a Blu-ray player on sale today for $49 at Walmart in Canada. The brand is Seiki, and i heard this one can be used to play all regions for the DVD and Blu-ray. It means you can play any Blu-ray and DVD from all over the world.

I don't know if they sell this particular model in the USA.

They had a Blu-ray player on sale today for $49 at Walmart in Canada. The brand is Seiki, and i heard this one can be used to play all regions for the DVD and Blu-ray. It means you can play any Blu-ray and DVD from all over the world.

I don't know if they sell this particular model in the USA.

No, I have not seen it. Maybe it is not allowed in our country. However there's nothing to stop me from ordering online from a Canadian Walmart is there?? But I would have to have it shipped directly here as I don't think they would do an international site-to-store.

I looked at Walmart.com and the cheapest was the $99 Sony. They had a Magnavox blu-ray for $69 USD but it was in limited supply and out of stock by the time I got to order it. :(

Banjo,
I tried searching for that particular brand on Walmart.com and they do not carry anything Seiki in the USA, the closest was Seiko office supplies such as address labels and such. Perhaps it is a foreign brand sold strictly in Canada?

No, I have not seen it. Maybe it is not allowed in our country. However there's nothing to stop me from ordering online from a Canadian Walmart is there?? But I would have to have it shipped directly here as I don't think they would do an international site-to-store.

I looked at Walmart.com and the cheapest was the $99 Sony. They had a Magnavox blu-ray for $69 USD but it was in limited supply and out of stock by the time I got to order it. :(

Unfortunately, you cannot order electronics from Walmart in Canada. :-/

Unfortunately, you cannot order electronics from Walmart in Canada. :-/

Darn. Well, thanks for trying to help. Maybe one of these days I will visit Canada and I will buy me a region-free blu-ray player so I can order foreign movies off the Internet and watch them in peace.

I learned how to print screen with my iPod touch! Pressing the "home" and "lock" buttons at the same time. :)

I am study more complication easy focus on myself think stresss grrr off my mind clear

I learned that we have 5 families in our neighborhood that have no food. The husbands were laid off and still trying to find work, the unemployment ran out, Food Stamps ran out and wives are working part time only. Each family has anywhere between 1-3 children from ages 2-12. Different families in the3 neighborhood provided Thanksgiving dinner for them. We took 2 families.
What a good example for others! :)

be positive my think good try best effort assurance stress! I was nervous!! giggle bit soon better awkward to feeling face to face brave!

Originally Posted by KristinaB
I learned that we have 5 families in our neighborhood that have no food. The husbands were laid off and still trying to find work, the unemployment ran out, Food Stamps ran out and wives are working part time only. Each family has anywhere between 1-3 children from ages 2-12. Different families in the3 neighborhood provided Thanksgiving dinner for them. We took 2 families.

Kristina....refer them to the Salvation Army, Churches in the area also....Even Grocery Stores, outdated meats/veggies by a day or so....free or at a very low reduced cost....We took a Turkey over to a friend's house for T'ksgiving. She is very low income and her son is disabled....No heat or A/C in her small mobile home....and too proud to ask for help!...But, there is help out there, just have to look for it, talk to people who are in "the know"....
Bless ur heart! We need more people like this. I'm sure the Salvation Army will give out a brochure on where to find food closest to the area where these families live.

I learned that a neighbor of mine had been using MY blanket and MY pillow to sleep while I was working. I am annoyed cause I don't like having others using my blanket and/or pillow...

I learnt that in my hometown of Canberra, there has been at least 8 or 9 car accidents across the city via twitter traffic reports, and they are keeping the local police busy, cleaning/clearing out accidents and then another accident occured a short time later. It has been raining since this morning.

I learnt that in my hometown of Canberra, there has been at least 8 or 9 car accidents across the city via twitter traffic reports, and they are keeping the local police busy, cleaning/clearing out accidents and then another accident occured a short time later. It has been raining since this morning.

Not good. I hope no one was killed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back