What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
learnt that my managers didn't even change my rosters and the rosters for the next two weeks makes me angry. I am getting sick and tired of doing the same thing over and over again...well, guess I'll have the weekend back! :mad2:

I assume this is the schedule for your part-time job?? I hate working part-time, you really can't plan for anything because they can change your schedule in as little as 24 hours advance notice. I've had to cancel two big weekends that I had been planning for months because of it.

I learned that what I have thought for a long time is true...life sucks! When can you expect it to get better? I try to think positive thoughts, but sometimes reality just sneaks in.

I assume this is the schedule for your part-time job?? I hate working part-time, you really can't plan for anything because they can change your schedule in as little as 24 hours advance notice. I've had to cancel two big weekends that I had been planning for months because of it.
Nope, it is casual job, and the field I am on is 'fries' and it is very boring and being doing that for a year now, I have been trained in other areas and ready to move over there but they never did - thats why I am sick and tired of the same field.

Nope, it is casual job, and the field I am on is 'fries' and it is very boring and being doing that for a year now, I have been trained in other areas and ready to move over there but they never did - thats why I am sick and tired of the same field.

Man I would hate cooking fries all day on Saturdays. Have you talked with your manager about working different stations/fields??

I learned something tonight that I was clueless all along when someone is ignoring me.

Man I would hate cooking fries all day on Saturdays. Have you talked with your manager about working different stations/fields??
Yes, I did TWICE... and I am still rostered to fries..:|

Today I had a great day, after calling in sick (fake - needed a break) and I have realized I definitely need my weekend break back. I think it's time to hang up my macca's cap.

Yes, I did TWICE... and I am still rostered to fries..:|

Today I had a great day, after calling in sick (fake - needed a break) and I have realized I definitely need my weekend break back. I think it's time to hang up my macca's cap.

If you need the extra money why not work for one day instead of two? (just throwing in an idea) :wave:

I'd never make it working 24/7 that's for sure... I'm already tired after my 40 hour week :cool2:

If you need the extra money why not work for one day instead of two? (just throwing in an idea) :wave:

I'd never make it working 24/7 that's for sure... I'm already tired after my 40 hour week :cool2:
I will only get paid $40 for one day (that's after tax) and I work 40 hours a week. I want my sleep ins, my time to chat with my friends in America and a two day break from work. I'm done....soon

I know how you feel JClarke, I was putting in close to 60 hrs/wk working 4 part-time jobs while also going to school carrying 9 hours. It was insane, I had little down time. I learned after a bad episode with my blood sugar that down time was essential to my health. My doctor nearly freaked when I told her how much I was working at the time and how little I was resting.

I will only get paid $40 for one day (that's after tax) and I work 40 hours a week. I want my sleep ins, my time to chat with my friends in America and a two day break from work. I'm done....soon

Then do that... listen to your body also... it needs a break every once in a while also! :wave:

I know how you feel JClarke, I was putting in close to 60 hrs/wk working 4 part-time jobs while also going to school carrying 9 hours. It was insane, I had little down time. I learned after a bad episode with my blood sugar that down time was essential to my health. My doctor nearly freaked when I told her how much I was working at the time and how little I was resting.

:eek3: I swear I'd never be able to work that much and then study also... The idea alone freaks me out. I'd be on a nervous break down within several weeks and two in my lifetimes have already been enough so far!!!!

Then do that... listen to your body also... it needs a break every once in a while also! :wave:
Yeah, I have given it a thought last night, and I have decided, I will be writing my resignation letter today.

I know how the both of you feel, JClarke and Dixie...I used to put in 80 hours a week every week for 2 years. Money was good but I missed my down time.

As crazy as this sounds, I've considered possibly taking a weekend job for both days for a while just to get out of the house, and to make some extra money. I could probably go back to cashiering at Walmart on weekends only for a few months and then re-evaluate.

As crazy as this sounds, I've considered possibly taking a weekend job for both days for a while just to get out of the house, and to make some extra money. I could probably go back to cashiering at Walmart on weekends only for a few months and then re-evaluate.
that was the same excuse when I wanted my old job back, but the money isn't worth my weekend - it is only a hundred bucks extra, that's it. Not good enough and I don't give a damn, all I want is my weekend.

For me to earn $100 extra dollars per weekend cashiering at WM I would have to work at least 10 hours both days putting in 20 hours over the weekend, then allow for taxes to be taken out and voila 20 additional hours of work for 100 extra dollars. So on a good week at Tyson and WM would be broken down like this:
M-F: 7a-5:30p. 9.50hrs per day at 9.80 per hr equals 93.10 per day before taxes. 465.50 per week before taxes.
S-S: 7a-6p 10 hrs per day at 7.80 per hour equals 78.00 per day before taxes. 156.00 per weekend before taxes.
All together it would be 621.50 USD before taxes every week. 186.45 to taken for taxes, SS, FICA, etc. comes out to 435.05 after taxes per week. Is it worth it? I dunno.

For me to earn $100 extra dollars per weekend cashiering at WM I would have to work at least 10 hours both days putting in 20 hours over the weekend, then allow for taxes to be taken out and voila 20 additional hours of work for 100 extra dollars. So on a good week at Tyson and WM would be broken down like this:
M-F: 7a-5:30p. 9.50hrs per day at 9.80 per hr equals 93.10 per day before taxes. 465.50 per week before taxes.
S-S: 7a-6p 10 hrs per day at 7.80 per hour equals 78.00 per day before taxes. 156.00 per weekend before taxes.
All together it would be 621.50 USD before taxes every week. 186.45 to taken for taxes, SS, FICA, etc. comes out to 435.05 after taxes per week. Is it worth it? I dunno.
The minimum wage is different to yours in U.S because our levels in Australia is high

I get paid to work on fries for $20 a hour, it accords to the age I am in, I am soon 23 years old, and I want to sleep in, not to work on fries every weekend!

The minimum wage is different to yours in U.S because our levels in Australia is high

I get paid to work on fries for $20 a hour, it accords to the age I am in, I am soon 23 years old, and I want to sleep in, not to work on fries every weekend!

so in AUS your wage schedule is set by age and number of years worked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back