What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh and also - here's what makes this lawyer pricey $$$$$$$$. It's because he has a team of interns/people/secretary and private investigators to wreck a shit in your life. Pretty damn silly but too bad there are scumbags who make a living like this.

a typical lawyer only charges you for his service with paperwork and routine stuff.

here's a trick that MAY work or not - consult with a handful of best lawyers in Maryland just for assessment even though you're not gonna hire them. That way - your hubby cannot hire any of them due to conflict of interest :devil:

Not sure if it would work like that but it's what I heard through grapevine long time ago about divorce situation because it's a typical strategy by rich people. It's a serious matter when it comes to splitting $$$ and million dollars worth of asset

Splitting what?We have been divorced since 2003. It seems like it is too late.

It just infuriates me how he looks down on people who are poor. I used to live in a run down neighborhood before I bought this house so we could pay off some debts to buy a house. He came buy to pick my daughter up and he told me "Oh my god, I cant believ eyou decide to live in this filth with bad people." People are bad because they are poor?

He grew up dirt poor himself..son of Mexican migrant farmers and he and his family lived in their car for a while at one time. His mom worked 3 jobs to support the family because she was an immigrant.

It makes me sick on how he looks down on people who dont have money and puts me down for it when he grew up dirt poor but because of his mom's hard work and good morals, he and his siblings are all successful.

He is to me someone who has forgotten where he has came from and became one of those superficial rich wanna-be's. I dont care if one is rich but to put down others who dont have as much is something that is not admirable in my book. I grew up with a dad worth millions and a mom who was broke so I have seen both ends of the candle.

Splitting what?We have been divorced since 2003. It seems like it is too late.
oh I know - that was a tip for anybody else. I hope nobody gets a divorce anytime soon!!!!

It just infuriates me how he looks down on people who are poor. I used to live in a run down neighborhood before I bought this house so we could pay off some debts to buy a house. He came buy to pick my daughter up and he told me "Oh my god, I cant believ eyou decide to live in this filth with bad people." People are bad because they are poor?

He grew up dirt poor himself..son of Mexican migrant farmers and he and his family lived in their car for a while at one time. His mom worked 3 jobs to support the family because she was an immigrant.

It makes me sick on how he looks down on people who dont have money and puts me down for it when he grew up dirt poor but because of his mom's hard work and good morals, he and his siblings are all successful.

He is to me someone who has forgotten where he has came from and became one of those superficial rich wanna-be's. I dont care if one is rich but to put down others who dont have as much is something that is not admirable in my book. I grew up with a dad worth millions and a mom who was broke so I have seen both ends of the candle.
:roll: oh boy....

oh I know - that was a tip for anybody else. I hope nobody gets a divorce anytime soon!!!!

:roll: oh boy....

If he was wealthy and humble about it, cool but to use his wealth against me and make me feel bad? Not cool in my book so I take every opportunity to call him an asshole. lol

If he was wealthy and humble about it, cool but to use his wealth against me and make me feel bad? Not cool in my book so I take every opportunity to call him an asshole. lol

I don't blame you - he sounds like he is one and I don't even know him.

just do what I always do - "I end the drama"

Is what I have done! Today.

Learned to keep my big mouth shut.

Learned to not tell anyone anything that you don't want repeated to another. Even innocent comments. Since they can be so twisted!!

Said what I had to say... Pissing off a few people.

Relief indeed!!

I don't blame you - he sounds like he is one and I don't even know him.

My assumption about why he is like that is because he is ashamed of his background.

My assumption about why he is like that is because he is ashamed of his background.

Owning three homes can also break a person! Imagine the property taxes!

I know! I own two! Still trying to sell the other!!

yea probably.

Yea..dont get me wrong. I admire this family. He and 5 of his siblings overcomed a lot of barriers being Mexican immigrants to become very successful. One is a multimillionaire, one is a lawyer, one is a head nurse of a dept of a big hospital, one is an owner of a company, he is a regional manager for Target, and the other one..not sure. I am proud of my daughter's grandmother for raising them so well despite suffering so much and them having a dad who was involved with some things that I wont reveal here but I admire them. I just dont like it when he and his sister who is a lawyer use their status to threaten me. It is not fair. The rest of them do not throw their wealth around or use it against other people. Just him and his sister. I am just afraid that my daughter will become one of those spoiled rich kids who look down on people. Those are not my morals and values. Sure, I would love to have a lot of money but I would be humble about it. He is definitely not. He criticized me big time for buying my daughter clothes from the thrift store but that was after he toldme that i needed to buy her clothes. Whatever. I am a fucking teacher and I am not rich and I try my best. Oh well..I just have to let it go and ignore him.

Owning three homes can also break a person! Imagine the property taxes!

I know! I own two! Still trying to sell the other!!

They are all in AZ..I think property taxes are low there.

They say those who grew up poor are the worst type of Rich.

I have to disagree to a certain point.
Poor people that becomes rich appreciates more in life.

My grandparents grew up in the great depression era. Granddaddy was in WWII.

Broke as could be! Back then. They hit the jackpot selling certain worthless land.

They still treated money like it scarce.

And you would never know they had money.

I have to disagree to a certain point.
Poor people that becomes rich appreciates more in life.

My grandparents grew up in the great depression era. Granddaddy was in WWII.

Broke as could be! Back then. They hit the jackpot selling certain worthless land.

They still treated money like it scarce.

And you would never know they had money.

I wish my ex hubby and his sister were like that. They buy the kids $100 dollar boots, $500 dollar designer name purses..u name it. My daughter got a $200 dollar purse as a Christmas gift from him. Why so much money on a freaking purse?!

I wish my ex hubby and his sister were like that. They buy the kids $100 dollar boots, $500 dollar designer name purses..u name it. My daughter got a $200 dollar purse as a Christmas gift from him. Why so much money on a freaking purse?!
He doesn't know the value of a dollar.

Who is the meanie???

People from church - no one here on AD. They are ones who knew of my hearing problems before I even got married 17 years ago, and now they are convinced that I am faking it. They don't understand how I can sing along in church, be total deaf and still sing in the correct key and on pitch. What they don't know is that the music team lets me know what songs we are doing and in what key. Since I can read music, I am very good about what key is what. I remeber the sounds and go from there. Plus the fact that even though it's a different set of musicians than were there 14 years ago, all the songs are still done in the same key as before.

Also, they are convinced that since I am deaf, I should not be driving a car. Luckily we have amember who is a Florida State Patrol Officer and he cleared that up right away.

I learned last night that had I come out in high school, it would have had absolutely no effect on anyone or myself because it was already assumed I was gay, at least by the 11th grade anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back