What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang it. Would have been curious to see how that would work, and I can think of a few good ideas.

Did you click the link? If so , it's a fake feature. Had no idea who would make these fake site. Pretty odd .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do not drive motorcycles through grass... ever.... Drove my motorcycle through the grass ( right after the sprinkler went off *herp durp I know!* ) and got the fun experience of a 160! I threw myself below the bike to save it from any scratches or damage ( I SUCCEEDED!!! Not one tiny scratch, ding or anything! ) However, I also succeeded at making my entire body sore, bruised and I am not completely sure, but good lordy my tailbone... oh my.... my tailbone... Got a nice tailpipe burn too! *sizzle* Worth it! ;)

Do not drive motorcycles through grass... ever.... Drove my motorcycle through the grass ( right after the sprinkler went off *herp durp I know!* ) and got the fun experience of a 160! I threw myself below the bike to save it from any scratches or damage ( I SUCCEEDED!!! Not one tiny scratch, ding or anything! ) However, I also succeeded at making my entire body sore, bruised and I am not completely sure, but good lordy my tailbone... oh my.... my tailbone... Got a nice tailpipe burn too! *sizzle* Worth it! ;)

this sounds fun...

indeed.... indeed..... don't ask me how I know :lol:

indeed.... indeed..... don't ask me how I know :lol:

I think we all learn this one time or another... :laugh2:

You know what though.... no scratches.... the bruises and body being sore was totally worth no scratches or dents... I'll take it.... :D Nobody except my dad ( who has a bike ) seems to understand... I think you have to have a bike to understand this sacrifice... :laugh2: My neighbor was cracking up... If it was the GSXR, I would have been okay because plastic falling in grass, no biggie... but it was the Stryker... all metal and chrome... noooooooo... no scratches or dents... well worth my battle wounds... I'll heal... :laugh2: I think it's a biker mentality? :laugh2:

what's a 160 ??, surely not at a ton (100mph/160K's right?! :shock:)

it spun around 160 degree.

I don't remember it, I was too busy trying to save the bike! :laugh2:

No, I was going maybe 5-10 MPH Grummer, it was in my front yard! :laugh2: I was on my Stryker, not the GSXR! :laugh2:

No scratches, no scratches, that's all I keep telling myself... :doh:

ohhhh not Miles, but Degrees......LOL
ah i geddit !! lol
ouch how heavy that fukker is? over 200 kg?

my old bike(s) vaguelly recalled was 78 kg (RM125 MXer- seriously fast dirt bike)....143 Honda VT250FG...154KG RG400......it pissed on GSXR750s in the day.....which i think wieghed in about jsut less than 180 kg

hell here's a good you tube...

new vs old, I take the old, sexier and more fun...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OM5Xp7Z3abg

ohhhh not Miles, but Degrees......LOL
ah i geddit !! lol
ouch how heavy that fukker is? over 200 kg?

my old bike(s) vaguelly recalled was 78 kg (RM125 MXer- seriously fast dirt bike)....143 Honda VT250FG...154KG RG400......it pissed on GSXR750s in the day.....which i think wieghed in about jsut less than 180 kg

hell here's a good you tube...

new vs old, I take the old, sexier and more fun...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OM5Xp7Z3abg

:laugh2: Lucky for you Romania uses KGs, so I know conversions. :P

The Yamaha Stryker weighs around 650 pounds ( 295 Kgs ) Yes.... ouch... ouch... ouch.... It took me and my neighbors to get her right side up again... :laugh2: Like I said, I'm just happy to have avoided scratches or dents on her... that's all that matters... my bruises and soreness will heal. :D

Not much heavier than my GSXR which is 586 pounds ( 265 KGs ).... surprisingly.... :shock:

its the gearing too, thats higher....if we chuck in the haya gearbox with the earlier gsxrs mmmm nice!! cuz LIGHT and FAST.....

the RG's would scare the livving sheet out of you, im not kidding ......

North America is one of the few countries that stayed on imperial,, not sure why.....tradition, to indoctrinate people with certain 'culture' of talks like pounds and inches as in 'slangs' i wonder....im talking from a socio-linguistical perspective.....
but yeah.....
like only THREE COUNTRIES in the worlds uses imperial......That’s right, THREE, the three countries not using the metric system are Liberia, Myanmar and the United States of America.
Seriously, WTF.......

North America is one of the few countries that stayed on imperial,, not sure why.....tradition, to indoctrinate people with certain 'culture' of talks like pounds and inches as in 'slangs' i wonder....im talking from a socio-linguistical perspective.....
but yeah.....
like only THREE COUNTRIES in the worlds uses imperial......That’s right, THREE, the three countries not using the metric system are Liberia, Myanmar and the United States of America.
Seriously, WTF.......

yea I have a same thought.... I don't know why we haven't switched back to metric system :dunno:

yea I have a same thought.... I don't know why we haven't switched back to metric system :dunno:

I do know one reason is the cost of converting everything from the imperial system to the metric system. Can you imagine factories, shops, mechanics, etc... having to throw away all their imperial tools and building a collection of metric tools all over again?

I do know one reason is the cost of converting everything from the imperial system to the metric system. Can you imagine factories, shops, mechanics, etc... having to throw away all their imperial tools and building a collection of metric tools all over again?

Can you imagine.... All the people that struggle with mathematics the way they are now... trying to learn to convert them over... :laugh2: Oh, the hilarity! I think I would die from laughter.... same with Celsius to Fahrenheit! :laugh2: That still throws me off.... I always get thrown off when someone says it's 95 degrees... :shock: :laugh2:

Can you imagine.... All the people that struggle with mathematics the way they are now... trying to learn to convert them over...

Yeah that is another big hurdle, just the cost of training would be astronomical! :shock:

Can you imagine.... All the people that struggle with mathematics the way they are now... trying to learn to convert them over... :laugh2: Oh, the hilarity! I think I would die from laughter.... same with Celsius to Fahrenheit! :laugh2: That still throws me off.... I always get thrown off when someone says it's 95 degrees... :shock: :laugh2:

Yeah, it is sad to see how many high school students struggle with even the multiplication tables. They even can't come up with the answer for 7 x 8 without using a calculator. Too many things in society has caused people, especially children to have a lazy mind.

I just learned that the Jewel store that replaced the former Dominick's is now open. Yay!! Now I can get foods I haven't had in a LONG time. So looking forward to getting there next week. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back