What did you learn today? Part II

I learned today that internships are more fun if taco salad is served. Mmmmmm... taco salad.

Ive learned that I want Mexican food this weekend! I might as well Join JanatheShort for a Taco Salad, then over to Shel90 for a full meal, then on to all the other people on AD that mentioned Mexican food this week. Oh, you guys got me all hungry!

I learned that dogs wolf down steak without even tasting it. I'm sticking to hot dogs for them. :)

^^^I'm sure the dogs are hoping you try the test with filet mignon first.

Oh but the Swedes are used to the snow. ;)

I come from there, so I can tell you that are largely right. Some winters we barely have any snow in the far south. In the north, there is always lots of snow. I have experienced 1.3 m in central Sweden. That is a lot.

I am waiting to hear what the Canadians are going to say. :wave:

I just learned that my young cousin, who is at the University of Miami, FL studying with the intention of getting a degree in music engineering/technology. He has an essay to do for an English class and his father, my uncle, suggested he speak with me. I gave him some info and told him that he might get more here on AD and gave him the link. He will check into the site sometime this weekend or next week.

Ive learned that I want Mexican food this weekend! I might as well Join JanatheShort for a Taco Salad, then over to Shel90 for a full meal, then on to all the other people on AD that mentioned Mexican food this week. Oh, you guys got me all hungry!

Taco salad is delicious. *handing you a plate and pointing you to the various fixins* You can join me anytime!!!!

I picked an old song to interpret, it's by the Supremes minus Diana Ross. It's a song called "Stoned Love" I thought it was love song, turns out it's about unity and time in the 60's with the war going on and other events in that era. I took the time do some research it and came up with 'unity for stoned love. I did this for fun :)

I can not function without sleep. Woke up at 2am and could not fall back to sleep. Meeting my daughters for dinner and want to be alert so I can follow the conversation. Sleep, sleep, sleep...It is not working....

I learned that our contractor has some spare chain-link fencing around and will repair the mess that the tree guys did yesterday for free. We have about a 6 foot section that was ripped out.

Y'all are learning much more important things than I am!

What I learned: how to do a new lace pattern for a scarf. I'm using up some gorgeous fingering-weight alpaca yarn I bought before Christmas.

I also learned I have to PAY ATTENTION and keep my eyes on what I'm doing, and not so much on the ice skaters on TV.

Y'all are learning much more important things than I am!

What I learned: how to do a new lace pattern for a scarf. I'm using up some gorgeous fingering-weight alpaca yarn I bought before Christmas.

I also learned I have to PAY ATTENTION and keep my eyes on what I'm doing, and not so much on the ice skaters on TV.

I consider a lace pattern for a scarf to be very important!!! Did you knit or crochet it?

Hello what up, I am pretty busy!! I am pretty busy!! my sister and new friends supportive lots I am pretty spending to me not much I adjust to wisdom support to confidental! It highly on secure protect on aware it on issues notice on my on my sister, effortt i Notice my sister pretty busy back up friends,I am spending to another sites no reason otherwise I am very choise on my personal decide on my decide serious, It is very limit on my personal.! defend on my aware it on I am learn it fair to wisdom! It is very judgemt strong advise to comments, I am very strong advise, not serious, i understood It is very pretty on advise to my reason my limit personal! It is very on best research on my job and' also I will go to deaf youth Deaf wisdom!!! I am choice on my stragith to strictly on I am strictly on choice i am very strictly on my limit on personal nothing , I am very serious, own my independant to my job and friends skills and counsellor wisdom confidential that is point trust to 100 percent! It is very high quality

I consider a lace pattern for a scarf to be very important!!! Did you knit or crochet it?

I'm knitting it, which is much slower for me than crochet. It is fingering weight yarn, very fine, and I'm using size 5 needles, much smaller than the quicker projects I usually do. The pattern is a somewhat complicated 16 line repeat. It's not that the stitches themselves are complicated; they aren't (just yo's, ssks, k2tog, and k and p), but paying attention to what line I'm on is crucial.

I've been working on it for two nights in front of the tv, so let's say 6 hours, and I have about 7 inches done. Partly this is because I got distracted while watching "The Mentalist" and again while watching the ice skaters, and made a mistake a couple times which meant I had to rip back the line each time I did that. And/or I just got engrossed in watching TV and put the project down for a while as I watched.

It's going to be really pretty when it's done, which at this rate will take me about 2 weeks.

I learned that I apparently suck at this whole church thing.....

I'm knitting it, which is much slower for me than crochet. It is fingering weight yarn, very fine, and I'm using size 5 needles, much smaller than the quicker projects I usually do. The pattern is a somewhat complicated 16 line repeat. It's not that the stitches themselves are complicated; they aren't (just yo's, ssks, k2tog, and k and p), but paying attention to what line I'm on is crucial.

I've been working on it for two nights in front of the tv, so let's say 6 hours, and I have about 7 inches done. Partly this is because I got distracted while watching "The Mentalist" and again while watching the ice skaters, and made a mistake a couple times which meant I had to rip back the line each time I did that. And/or I just got engrossed in watching TV and put the project down for a while as I watched.

It's going to be really pretty when it's done, which at this rate will take me about 2 weeks.

I'm completely impressed by this!!!! You know, I tried to knit a scarf one winter... and the next winter... LOL it still isn'[t done. I'm pathetically slow at knitting.

I learned that I apparently suck at this whole church thing.....

If someone made you feel that way, then f** them...if you feel that way about yourself, then maybe you need to do some soul searching. Only YOU can decide, not others. :hug:

I decided at 10 years old that church will never become a part of my life and is still is not 30 years later. I still feel happy with my decision.

Back