What did you learn today? Part II

I learned how to handle a certain situation, mission accomplished!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/24/why-does-cilantro-taste-bad-like-soap_n_7653808.html

This tell why some people don't like cilantro , It's in your genes and there is no way you can change that .. I bet there food you don't like that good for you !

@ shel90 I tried cilantro and it just didn't taste good to me. I was surprise when I found why .
My aren't you a ray of sunshine today. Oh I'm sure I know why you said @Shel- her posts are the only ones you see! ;)

I wouldn't say there "no way you can change that"- am sure there are tricks around it or how to make/cook something to lessen the flavor.

There are apparently various foods/tastes that are coded in our DNA but some people do say it is a combination of nature and nurture sometimes that guide what we like and dislike.

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts-culture/the-genetics-of-taste-88797110/?no-ist

For me I am not a fan of brussel sprouts no matter HOW it's cooked. I tasted a friend of mine's as she adds garlic and whatever else. I liked that but eating the rest- eeck... for me it was a texture thing - couldn't stand it.

As for no cilantro in the Mexican dishes- the dishes are not true Mexican (well in my view...). The dishes you might have eaten in Berkeley may have been from another country. Hispanics come from other countries besides Mexico.

I learned this:

Coldest places in America

1) Barrow, Alaska
2) International Falls, Minnesota
3) Gunnison, Colorado
4) Jackson, Wyoming
5) Caribou, Maine

I learned this:

Coldest places in America

1) Barrow, Alaska
2) International Falls, Minnesota
3) Gunnison, Colorado
4) Jackson, Wyoming
5) Caribou, Maine

Jackson, WY, one of my favorite places is currently 41 degrees at 915am, their time...........

I also really liked that book, as well as the movie. Has anyone read Go Set a Watchman - the other book of hers?

Yesterday I learned that 50-60 mile an hour winds -will- make your poop-scooper thing <dogs> disappear. I went out to pick up and the equipment was gone<had been leaning against fence> ....hub found it later in the front yard by the road. I'd looked but hadn't looked far enough.

I also really liked that book, as well as the movie. Has anyone read Go Set a Watchman - the other book of hers?

I really want to read that book. Will be checking out my library to see if I can get an eBook or not.

"To Kill A Mockingbird" was also one of my favorites. We also shared the same birthday.

I think I may be one of the few who never read that book. I'm going to in the very near future.

Well, DeafDucky if you read the other one of Lee's I'd like to know what you thought of it-

learning- yesterday I learned a little about Facebook. My hub was showing me. I've never registered with it yet, til yesterday.

I think I may be one of the few who never read that book. I'm going to in the very near future.

You may be part of a group of a few but you are not alone. I have not read it either and there was a time when I read a lot of books. Years ago I had been known to finish a book in a long day when I didn't have anything else to get done.

I don't recall reading it either. That doesn't mean I didn't, for school assignment. I wasn't much of a reader in my youth and an still not a big reader.

I had to read that in middle school - 8th grade, I think. And then we saw the film.

This was part of my Literature class, and we had to read & watch all kinds of books & movies. I also remember watching The Tell-tale Heart (Edgar Allen Poe). Scary stuff for a 13 or 14 year old :)

We had the same experience, AC - and I remember first reading that Poe, and it was scary to me. I had various English and literature classes in middle and high school and really enjoyed them.

Back