What did you do today? Part II

Football

Did 4 hours of Christmas shopping, got my Christmas cards ready to be mailed tmw, cooked two dinners, and now watching the Cardinals game.

Your team played great. I'm a huge 49er fan since I've lived in the bay area my whole life. Can't believe they lost. Arizona defense was great. My husband has ro record the game and will only watch if they win. He gets too stressed. I think that's so funny. I'm glad your feeling better and hope your other "issues" go away soon. Did you know you can use plain yogurt as a cream like Vagisal. It works. That's one thing all my years in pharmacy taught me. I thought someone was playing a joke on me, but it's for real.:angel::angel:

Degree

Got back from the Christmas party. It was awkward at first knowing I was the only fool in the room without a college degree. Everyone else had a Bachelor's though the majority have Masters and Doctorates. Three of which are referred to as Doctor _______. One is a dentist, one a GP, one is a veterinarian. There was also a lawyer and three bankers present. Yeah, me being a chicken farmer, I felt very out of place. However, the party host himself had invited me to come earlier this week then I was prodded into it by others. If I had a degree and a good job, I probably would have felt less intimidated.

There are a lot of people with a degree who have no common sense!!!!:angel:

Got back from the Christmas party. It was awkward at first knowing I was the only fool in the room without a college degree. Everyone else had a Bachelor's though the majority have Masters and Doctorates. Three of which are referred to as Doctor _______. One is a dentist, one a GP, one is a veterinarian. There was also a lawyer and three bankers present. Yeah, me being a chicken farmer, I felt very out of place. However, the party host himself had invited me to come earlier this week then I was prodded into it by others. If I had a degree and a good job, I probably would have felt less intimidated.

Sure, that's understandable at first glance. We can all feel intimidated when we feel out of our element for any reason.

But after the "at first," how was it? No reason you can't hold your own in any crowd! Did you meet anyone you felt congenial with?

I was watching "60 Minutes" tonight, and they were profiling Howard Buffett, son of the legendary investor, Warren Buffett. Warren Buffett recently gave the Bill Gates Foundation 31 billion - yes, "b"illion dollars, and STILL has plenty left over to give each of his 3 kids an adequate inheritance plus 1 billion each for philanthropic endeavors.

And guess what Howard does - he's a farmer in Nebraska. Never graduated from college. Neither did the other two Buffett offspring. They've done pretty well for themselves, even minus the college degree. (Of course they had a head start, with their father behind them - but still... wouldn't you expect people like that to have a degree? And they don't.)

Howard's philanthropy involves helping farmers in Africa. Howard G. Buffett Foundation

So you have at least a little something in common with one of the wealthiest men in America! How 'bout that??

Hey, Dixie... you're literate. That takes you a long way in and of itself.

You were invited for a reason, and it wasn't to be make you feel ill at ease. :)

There are a lot of people with a degree who have no common sense!!!!:angel:

Sure, that's understandable at first glance. We can all feel intimidated when we feel out of our element for any reason.

But after the "at first," how was it? No reason you can't hold your own in any crowd! Did you meet anyone you felt congenial with?

I was watching "60 Minutes" tonight, and they were profiling Howard Buffett, son of the legendary investor, Warren Buffett. Warren Buffett recently gave the Bill Gates Foundation 31 billion - yes, "b"illion dollars, and STILL has plenty left over to give each of his 3 kids an adequate inheritance plus 1 billion each for philanthropic endeavors.

And guess what Howard does - he's a farmer in Nebraska. Never graduated from college. Neither did the other two Buffett offspring. They've done pretty well for themselves, even minus the college degree. (Of course they had a head start, with their father behind them - but still... wouldn't you expect people like that to have a degree? And they don't.)

Howard's philanthropy involves helping farmers in Africa. Howard G. Buffett Foundation

So you have at least a little something in common with one of the wealthiest men in America! How 'bout that??

Well, I didn't exactly have a head start, actually, I'm still in the starting gate so to speak!

But he probably owns his own farm. Me? I don't own anything besides my truck, my clothes, and the gadgets and books I have and odd pieces of furniture.

And I just realized that owning my own vehicle put me in the 10% wealthiest people on Earth despite not even having my own place to live.

Just a heads up... His kids arent going to get anything outside the 1b for philanthropies.

I just finished watching Americas Funniest Viedos... OMG I haven't laughed that hard in so long. I laughed till I cried. Did anyone happen to see it?

Money

I may be wrong, but I thought I saw a program years ago that one of his grandchildren was upset that he wouldn't help pay for her school. That does not make sense now if he's leaving them all that money.

Well, I didn't exactly have a head start, actually, I'm still in the starting gate so to speak!

But he probably owns his own farm. Me? I don't own anything besides my truck, my clothes, and the gadgets and books I have and odd pieces of furniture.

And I just realized that owning my own vehicle put me in the 10% wealthiest people on Earth despite not even having my own place to live.

Besides that - you have intelligence, determination, a will to improve yourself. That is the best capital you can have.

Went to see "The Nutcracker" at the Kennedy Center, by the American Ballet Theater.

This officially starts the Christmas season for me. ;-)

It was the best, most innovative "Nutcracker" I've seen in years. Wonderful performance, different choreography, that made all the children real children, taunting, teasing, getting into mischief, and young Clara and the young Nutcracker age-appropriate sweethearts - and then they are magically transformed into an adult Princess with her Prince.

We have seen "The Nutcracker" every year for the past 10 or 11 years, and this one was by far the most innovative, charming performance.

I never miss it! :)

Migraines

I've had some migraines so severe that I wondered it it was possible to die of a headache.

I suffer also. One time was so bad I threw up and passed out. That's when you go to ER. Did a CT to check for anurisum. Was clear but had the headache for almost a week. I'm glad we don't own a gun because that KINDOF pain is just down right unbareable. Thank god since all these new medical problems, which are very hard to deal with, I haven't had a migraine. (knock on wood)
Sad part is my daughter inherited them. That makes me sad.:angel:my cousin died at 21 from an anurisum and my brother had one but was caught ontime for brain surgery.:angel:

Tile color

Maybe pale blue or green? Easy on the eyes and soothing. I like the blues and greens in this pic - the dark blue, not so much. Blue is very complimentary to brown.

I like the bottom right also. We are finally redoing are kitchen. It's so hard to pick a color with those small samples. Ive been waiting for this forever. New counters, new stove with built in microwave. Just made the request to have the guy come measure and give us a quote. We have a large kitchen so I'm sure the price will shock me!!!!:angel:
Good luck with your remodel. Your bathroom still looks beautiful before changes!

oh, I'm glad to see you, Sunshine, I was thinking of you:wave:

so far today, I've made breakfast for two humans and two dogs, made dinner for later since I have dog training class, took out garbage and recycling stuff, made hubby's lunch to take to work tomorrow, cleaned up kitchen and am now doing laundry-

and 3am - wow! I was up at 4:30 getting the baby <puppy> out but you were sure ahead of me!

My sister think she funny. She come in 3:06am (same minute I born) ask if I feel older. Answer: older, no. Grouchier, yes. Lol.

Back