What did you do that was "Green" today?

TXgolfer

Dream Weaver
Premium Member
Reaction score
I ate organic and upcycled an old oven

This morning I picked up this lonely newspaper on metro (BART) seat and start reading. When I am about to exit the metro, I throw newspaper into a recyclable trash box.

I wore a sweatshirt instead of turning on the heat.

I do a lot of walking instead of driving.

Am going to take reusuable shopping bag and reusuable water bottle with me as I go on errands.

I um 'fertilized' the area behind the chicken houses with all natural organic 'fertilizer'. I also watered the area as well.

I recycle everyday. I try to cut down on garbage by recycling.

I also took my Rottweiler Zeus on a long walk. Instead of driving to forest preserve and going on a walk on trail, I decided to stay in area and walk around the lake. NO driving to dog park or forest preserve.

I lit a plastic garbage fire in the parking lot which cause acid rain. Wait, what was the question?

We recycle daily. However, I did use the rainwater that was collected for the garden. We raked up the shredded stuff from the rubber tree and piled it up to use as a mulch in our new garden. Oh, I also took the strips from a palm tree branch (quite a few actually) and started weaving a hat.

We recycle daily. However, I did use the rainwater that was collected for the garden. We raked up the shredded stuff from the rubber tree and piled it up to use as a mulch in our new garden. Oh, I also took the strips from a palm tree branch (quite a few actually) and started weaving a hat.

Serious about the hat?

I gave old wood pieces (plywoods and 2x4s) that was lying around from the former occupant to a friend who want to renovate an old tree house to a shed. I will give the rest to a neighbor for his use. Nails that I have pulled out of plywood sheets will be thrown in a recycle bin.

I personally did nothing but my daughters started a recycle bin :) and then gave me a huge lecture on how the system would work

At high tide today, watered all the outdoor Palms & plants, roses, morning glories, etc., with the river water.

I collected newspapers that was left outside that was mailed to someone that doesn't live there. We are reusing it for wrapping up fragile stuff for moving.

Hat did not work out at all. I did something wrong and got all frustrated and my incompetence and pitched it all into the curbside pickup for Tuesday.

Today's green effort was to use windows in the car instead of the A/C. (it wasn't working anyway)

Also, I cover a table in the carport for when I am painting with newsprint paper from the end rolls. Well, it is a little rippled from the humidity and some rain, but still good. the contractor needed to make some notes for himself and I let him write on the table and take the paper with him. He loved the paint spots on it and where daughter's crayons and markers ran over their paper edges and has his notes. I'd say that that paper was well used. He is planning on transferring his notes and shredding the paper for a hamster cage.

Back