What did you do that was "Green" today?

Paid the electric/gas bill online today and did budgeting on the computer instead of on the paper.

I took the BART to the A's game (A's slogan this year is "Green Collar Baseball) and then ate at an all organic Cafe in SF. I also picked up some trash in a parking lot.

Did not use a DROP of electricity for the past 5 days.

Okay okay, the tornadoes caused the power to go out..... :)

Made a meat and cheese wrap for lunch instead of cooking. Hubby used collected rainwater to wash his Expedition.

I did not drive to Russvegas to get my iPhone 4. Only because of the floods though. We may be going over there later this week or on Saturday. I'm hoping sooner but because my number is still under their name, I have to do it on their terms until I sign the 'Assumption of the Contract' paperwork at the store and my number is officially placed in my name.

Walked partway home from dinner with family. I was dropped off.

I shopped solar powered water heaters today. Also working on my wind powered ceiling fan design.

When pile up save food shop plastic bags then return it to store~ :)

We return all the shopping bags to the store, but I also have a bunch of the reusable ones, WalMart just won't let us use them, but Whole Foods does. Also, I have stopped using my electric can opener. I have an old hand one that was a little rusty. We washed it, dried it and sprayed the gears with cooking spray. Works like a charm and it's only 25 years old! I am also using my cans from fruit and vegetables to sprout seeds for the garden. Having more and more cold lunches that do not involve cooking. Making more one dish meals to have less dishes to wash. In my new house, I will not be having a dishwasher.

I shopped at a thrift store. I bought a nice duffel bag along with books and other stuff. I told the cashier to use the duffel bag as a bag to save themself a bag or two.

Sometimes I refuse a bag if I bought only one or two items. I bought just one item at a handy store today so no bag.

I have a dishwasher but it doesn't wash dishes well. I am using it as a giant dish rack and the dishes are out of sight while drying.

Last edited:
I signed up for a bag ban group. First meeting is in 2 weeks. Also re purposed some wood crates.

I shopped at a thrift store. I bought a nice duffel bag along with books and other stuff. I told the cashier to use the duffel bag as a bag to save themself a bag or two.

Sometimes I refuse a bag if I bought only one or two items. I bought just one item at a handy store today so no bag.

I have a dishwasher but it doesn't wash dishes well. I am using it as a giant dish rack and the dishes are out of sight while drying.
I've also have refused bags if I could carry the stuff w/o one.

Back