What defines happiness?

Liza

Reaction score
How do you define happiness?

*this thread is dedicated to pinkster for inspiration* :wave:

Hmmmm....good question, Liza. I think everyone has different definitions, and it's certainly gonna be interesting to see everyone's responses.

Happiness: That content feeling in which, as far as you are concerned, no one (and NOTHING) can alter, no matter how much they are determined to rain on your parade. It's that feeling as if you're floating in mid-air, without the influence of drugs or any other mind-clouding substance. Relaxed. Satisfied. Everything else be damned!

:ily: How sweet :)

To be honest, I think you have to be happy with yourself, in order to have over-all happiness. To be comfortable with who you are, love yourself first and foremost, but do not forget the people around you and how they helped you.

I was generally happy before I met Megladon, but in a way I was unhappy. I didnt have the kind of support I needed/wanted, and I was just unhappy with myself and the way I was. And then he and I became friends, and he kind of put a lot of things in perspective. And he basically changed my life. Change, has always been hard for me, but sometimes you need change to become happier. Happiness is (IMO) defined in the heart, how you feel with everything. I am ultimately happier because I've lost some baggage, and gained a person who I love completley. Someone once told me, "maybe you're not in love with him, but maybe you're in love with love." (In reference to the guy i dated before Megladon.) And I realized that was true, and it was the source of all (or most of) my unhappiness. But now i've found that sometimes love is real, and I equate happiness with love (as well as every other type of gd emotion!! hehe) But yeah.

Did I go off the point? :)

Happiness defines care-free mind, stress-free and peace ... of course with touch of love and passion !

Socrates said:
A baby giggling at your "Peek-a-Boo!", that's sheer bliss!

Yeah I used to enjoy that too until one of my kids removed their hands from their face and hit me with some projectile vomit. Peek-a-boo just hasn't been the same since.

at my age.. I haven't found something that wud make me happy I'm probably just lookin for some1 to make me happy but pinkster have a good point cuz u gotta be happy and love urself first b4 u can go ahead and be in love with some1 else but really I wasted my time online lookin for some kind of love I can have but most of my online relationships demolished cuz due to not able to meet halfway on some issues and of course.. I had over 50 online relatiosnhips since i was 18 but now I'm almost 26.. :roll: I sound desperate but really I just told myself one day if i ever learn how to drive things will change forever cuz I noticed most guys won't want me cuz i don't drive.. c'mon I'm clever with takin public transportation (I know I may be off topic here) but really.. finding happiness isn't so easy as u thought.. just first love yourself then u wud feel good about yourself.. *sighs*

and happiness is something u are happy having what u wanted out of life too.. eh I should think twice b4 i posted other post lol :cool:

funnycat78 said:
at my age.. I haven't found something that wud make me happy I'm probably just lookin for some1 to make me happy but pinkster have a good point cuz u gotta be happy and love urself first b4 u can go ahead and be in love with some1 else but really I wasted my time online lookin for some kind of love I can have but most of my online relationships demolished cuz due to not able to meet halfway on some issues and of course.. I had over 50 online relatiosnhips since i was 18 but now I'm almost 26.. :roll: I sound desperate but really I just told myself one day if i ever learn how to drive things will change forever cuz I noticed most guys won't want me cuz i don't drive.. c'mon I'm clever with takin public transportation (I know I may be off topic here) but really.. finding happiness isn't so easy as u thought.. just first love yourself then u wud feel good about yourself.. *sighs*
u don't have drivers lincense yet? how come? no time? or what heh?

As for me.. happiness means u're a true gifted person who gives hope, love, joyness to anyone around you. and you're true proudness with full of self esteem inside you. and doesn't care what other people think negative things about you.

corona_babe135 said:
:cuddle: Oh hell yeah! I totally agree! :naughty:

Far out....

My opinion,

if you are happy means you are loved by people. If no love then bitter or suicide committ

DeafSCUBA98 said:
u don't have drivers lincense yet? how come? no time? or what heh?

As for me.. happiness means u're a true gifted person who gives hope, love, joyness to anyone around you. and you're true proudness with full of self esteem inside you. and doesn't care what other people think negative things about you.

ah I'm too lazy to do whatever I was supposed to do :roll: but I vow to learn how to drive if friends don't come around and take me out to deaf events.. and of course if I have car I can just drive in hot weather and get some ice cream cuz i knew i can't walk in hot weather with ice cream in my hand :P and ah about guys.. hm some does come and hit on me cuz I'm pretty but in h.s i felt like a ugly duckling :rofl: now things had changed.. eh I was pretty surprised at how things can end up to be different u know?

funnycat78 said:

me think me know who u looooove *whistle innocent*

funnycat78 said:
ah I'm too lazy to do whatever I was supposed to do :roll: but I vow to learn how to drive if friends don't come around and take me out to deaf events.. and of course if I have car I can just drive in hot weather and get some ice cream cuz i knew i can't walk in hot weather with ice cream in my hand :P and ah about guys.. hm some does come and hit on me cuz I'm pretty but in h.s i felt like a ugly duckling :rofl: now things had changed.. eh I was pretty surprised at how things can end up to be different u know?
yeah LOL.. at least.. if you get a driver's lincense u'll be more happy i bet? so you can drive around anyplace u want to go or visit or so.. instead of depend on friends and bus, taxi etc..

AND.... you might be more prettier in a car driving urself :D

DeafSCUBA98 said:
yeah LOL.. at least.. if you get a driver's lincense u'll be more happy i bet? so you can drive around anyplace u want to go or visit or so.. instead of depend on friends and bus, taxi etc..

AND.... you might be more prettier in a car driving urself :D

:rofl: u haven't seen my pix how u can know if I am pretty? :P

funnycat78 said:
:rofl: u haven't seen my pix how u can know if I am pretty? :P
i just guess :P since ur name is erica.. and my name is eric.. so i assume erica is a pretty name so u're pretty :D

pinkster said:
:ily: How sweet :)

To be honest, I think you have to be happy with yourself, in order to have over-all happiness. To be comfortable with who you are, love yourself first and foremost, but do not forget the people around you and how they helped you.

I was generally happy before I met Megladon, but in a way I was unhappy. I didnt have the kind of support I needed/wanted, and I was just unhappy with myself and the way I was. And then he and I became friends, and he kind of put a lot of things in perspective. And he basically changed my life. Change, has always been hard for me, but sometimes you need change to become happier. Happiness is (IMO) defined in the heart, how you feel with everything. I am ultimately happier because I've lost some baggage, and gained a person who I love completley. Someone once told me, "maybe you're not in love with him, but maybe you're in love with love." (In reference to the guy i dated before Megladon.) And I realized that was true, and it was the source of all (or most of) my unhappiness. But now i've found that sometimes love is real, and I equate happiness with love (as well as every other type of gd emotion!! hehe) But yeah.

Did I go off the point? :)

Nah...

Sounds like my last relationship! I'm glad you found out what makes you happy. ;) Everyone definitely needs to be happy - even if they have to find out how to do that. :D Worth it, eh?

Malfoyish said:
Hmmmm....good question, Liza. I think everyone has different definitions, and it's certainly gonna be interesting to see everyone's responses.

Happiness: That content feeling in which, as far as you are concerned, no one (and NOTHING) can alter, no matter how much they are determined to rain on your parade. It's that feeling as if you're floating in mid-air, without the influence of drugs or any other mind-clouding substance. Relaxed. Satisfied. Everything else be damned!

Is this feeling same as feeling fulfilled, girly? Nice definition you gave there! How do you get that satisfied/contented feeling?

I guess I do see happiness and feeling fulfilled the same, too. I like how some of you said that we gotta make ourselves happy. Kinda like loving myself before loving another. Ahh to define happiness... an abundance of joy from doing what makes my heart sing.. _\m/

Back