What can you hear at night?(if anything)

At night I can hear rarely by the door banging, screaming loud by the hallway, making a drawer noise in my room n' coughing loud next to me that causes me to wake up.

No, don't hear at night, but doesn't mean I don't sleep. blah

I try to get all my sleep while I drive :giggle:

Not unless i wear my hearing aid, and
thank goodness, i dont cuz i sleep like
a baby WITHOUT my hearing aid...:P

I can't sleep with a clock ticking, drives me crazy.

I also have a hamster who I put in the closet at night since his wheel makes noise. ;) (I also like to have a fan running at night).

My former sister in law can't stand the ticking clock either. She put it under her bed at the foot end.

I don't hear a thing when I sleep. I know I can hear a loud snapping fingers right next to my good ear. What wake me up are anything that produce viberations, breezes, lights - That is it if I am not in that deep sleep.

Not unless i wear my hearing aid, and
thank goodness, i dont cuz i sleep like
a baby WITHOUT my hearing aid...:P

When I am alone with my son, if I lie down, I must have my HAs on just in case I doze off. I still can keep "an eye" on him using my HAs but barely. Better than nothing though. :lol:

Not much. But we have a split level house and five steps leading up to our bedroom.

When my husband fell down them this summer, it woke me up. Not sure if I heard the loud crash or it just shook the house.

He got a broken finger and two broken ribs.

in my house we'v had a boiler almost going to blow up and making a lot of noise, the alarm going off continuely which doesnt wake me up at all! Not even fireworks or shouting will wake me.

When I am alone with my son, if I lie down, I must have my HAs on just in case I doze off. I still can keep "an eye" on him using my HAs but barely. Better than nothing though. :lol:

I hear ya! Thats what i used to do when my son was
a baby and a toddler, i had to keep my aids on, just
in case, he cries during the night as my ex hubby was
also HOH..
Now, he is grown...heh..I can sleep like a baby...:D

Without my hearing aid on at night, I can hear loud thunder above the roof, doors slamming close by, sometimes someone banging on the door or window close by, dog barking in my room. Also I can hear my hubby's snoring close into my ear and I can feel his snoring by putting my hand on his chest. I have a severe to profound hearing loss.

I can't hear anything, but my ability to feel vibrations seems to be extraordinarily finely tuned. Also, I woke this morning from a dream that I could hear, and I was having a spoken conversation with my grandfather. Neither of us were signing at all, and I could hear his voice perfectly, and he seemed to be able to hear mine perfectly too. BTW, he is also deaf, but he can hear some things if he can see them too. It was a weird experience waking to a silent world.

I can't hear anything, but my ability to feel vibrations seems to be extraordinarily finely tuned. Also, I woke this morning from a dream that I could hear, and I was having a spoken conversation with my grandfather. Neither of us were signing at all, and I could hear his voice perfectly, and he seemed to be able to hear mine perfectly too. BTW, he is also deaf, but he can hear some things if he can see them too. It was a weird experience waking to a silent world.

i had a similar experience following my second ci surgery. because of my ci's, i lost all of my residual hearing in both ears. the night after my second ci surgery i had a dream about my deceased mother. in the dream we conversed by voice and i could hear everything she said clearly. i could also hear environmental sounds as well as i could before i started wearing hearing aids. when i awoke from that dream, it was like a surreal experience because i was suddenly drawn into a world of silence and had temporarily forgotten the fact that i could no longer hear.

Back