What brands of blu ray players?

snallga

Reaction score
I researched about blu ray player. I noticed they are popular both Samsung and Sony. I think Samsung is better than Sony or Panasonic.

Do you have your own blu ray player? Please comment Pro and Con?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AllDeaf App mobile app

I got a Blu Ray Player built into my PS3 and PS4. No need to get an actual player for BR movies.

The PS3/PS4 plays movies much faster than Blu Ray Players, IMO. I'm basing this on the fact I know how fast the movies load up compared to how slow they load on my parent's Blu Ray Player. Takes a few minutes for the movies to load on their Blu Ray Player. Where as the PS3/PS4, it loads within a matter of seconds.

While that may be true, some may not want to spend that much for PS3/PS4. I would prefer to wait a moment for cheaper player than to load quite a bit faster.

I got a Blu Ray Player built into my PS3 and PS4. No need to get an actual player for BR movies.

The PS3/PS4 plays movies much faster than Blu Ray Players, IMO. I'm basing this on the fact I know how fast the movies load up compared to how slow they load on my parent's Blu Ray Player. Takes a few minutes for the movies to load on their Blu Ray Player. Where as the PS3/PS4, it loads within a matter of seconds.

or Xbox One - they load fast if you enable instant-on.

Otherwise, I recommended Sony brand BD player.

While that may be true, some may not want to spend that much for PS3/PS4. I would prefer to wait a moment for cheaper player than to load quite a bit faster.

BD players may need to replace every few years if manufacturer stopped release the update to support more newer movies or new DRM.

I researched somewhere and found Sony BD players to be updated as possible.

How much do you want to spend? If money is no object go for the OPPO BDP-103, but it comes in at $500, otherwise go for the Sony. Stay away from Panasonic, they used to be good, but now they are pretty much garbage.

How much do you want to spend? If money is no object go for the OPPO BDP-103, but it comes in at $500, otherwise go for the Sony. Stay away from Panasonic, they used to be good, but now they are pretty much garbage.

I will able spend between $60 and $70 on new blu ray players. Is Samsung blu ray player good?

The problem with focusing on just the brand is that inevitably there will be bad models. For example, JVC is generally a good brand, I have a TV by them that's still working great after 12 years and yet I have a JVC Blu-Ray player that failed after a few months.

IMO you would be better off using the online review sites such as cnet.com consumerreports.com, etc... and focus on the model, not the brand.

I have no issues with Sony. Sony is doing well than Samsung. FCC law started effectively in 2014. That means the companies are required to install CC decoder in Blu-ray players. Sony seems to catch up better and quick than Samsung. That's just my personal observation. Plan to buy Sony next year.

Samsung and Sony are very good. I have no issue either one of them. The OPPO BDP-103? Yes it's hefty price, it's good for home theater, but for you, there are many features which are unnecessary for a simple home theater set up you know?

I will able spend between $60 and $70 on new blu ray players. Is Samsung blu ray player good?

I would go for Sony before Samsung and I would go for Samsung before I went for Panasonic.

I would go for Sony before Samsung and I would go for Samsung before I went for Panasonic.

Which brands of blu ray player you will recommend me will buy?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AllDeaf App mobile app

Does brand really matter? To me, it seems meanless. I felt that it's HDTV issues that need to be concern on how it can lasted and how best color as possible to feel real theatre experience.

I guess for someone who don't have patience to load the movie.

I have seen posts om this thread favoring or warning against different brands but what is lacking is why a person favors one or another.

I would go for the Sony.

I had bought Sony DVD player. When I turned on, I put dvd in the dvd player. I got error which it said It cannot play repeatly. My dvd player rebooted if it would work. Again, I put dvd in and got error like above. I threw it away lol I bought Samsung dvd player at Best Buy store last November. I satisfied with Samsung and had no issue.

I would go for Samsung Blu Ray player. I would avoid to buy another Sony dvd player again.

Back