What Books Have You Recently Purchased?

Heads-up: The following titles are recently released or soon-to-be-released.

Just in case I haven't mentioned this site before. :eek3:

10c4820dd7a0e1e99e77e010._AA240_.L.jpg

013603599X.jpg

The Executioner's Song by Norman Mailer
This Side of Paradise by F. Scott Fitzgerald

I am almost done reading a good book, "The Good Earth" by Pearl S. Buck.

it is a very good book.... and also sad. I read that when I was young. I still remember it pretty good.

I am dancing with joy! I found these books near the back entry doors of my local library. I asked if I could take some books from a very large pile (or piles) and to my utter surprise I discovered some true gems. These are the books I took with me:

Wuthering Heights and Jane Eyre by Emily Bronte (2 volume collectors box set): very good condition.

Wow! I absolutely love Wuthering Heights and Jane Eyre. Are you enjoying these books so far?

Jane Eyre is written by Charlotte Bronte, Not Emily Bronte. Have you also read Charlotte Bronte's Novel which is called Vilette? If not, I'd recommend it.

I remember reading that book. It was a long long time ago!!! Haha. I went to Pearl Bucks' home. :D

Now Iam reading Patricia Cornwell's Scarpetta. And Iam still reading Stephen King's Sunset (there are some short stories in it. So I read one at a time...)

just finished "Golf" A Good Walk Spoiled & The Open both by John Feinstein will be starting Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon

I just purchased another book (by chance): Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass by Frederick Douglass

Revolutionary Road by Richard Yates
The New Yorker (latest issue) magazine

it is a very good book.... and also sad. I read that when I was young. I still remember it pretty good.

I am finished reading it today. Yes, it was really a very good book but sad. Actually, I did read it years ago but I forgot what was the story all about and so, I decided to read it again, to refresh my memory. I think I am getting old. LOL.

I remember reading that book. It was a long long time ago!!! Haha. I went to Pearl Bucks' home. :D

Now Iam reading Patricia Cornwell's Scarpetta. And Iam still reading Stephen King's Sunset (there are some short stories in it. So I read one at a time...)

Restless_heart, you went to Pearl Buck's home. Out of curiosity, how did they treat you? I hope they treated you nicely.

I have all Patricia Cornwell's books except Scarpetta, which I purchased recently. I will read it next week.
I remember I used to read Stephen King books when I was in H.S. but I haven't read some of his new books yet. I have sooooo many books that I got in the mail from my mother, which I am trying to catch up to read. :lol:

Since many people were talking about it, I ordered Deaf like me on amazon :D

But on my return trip from Paris I bought: La prochaine fois by Mark Levy to read in the train! Summary taken from Marc Levy's official website :D

Jonathan and Anna are in the final stages of planning their Bostonian high-society wedding, when Peter, an auctioneer for Christie’s and Jonathan’s best friend, calls with news that will change all of their lives. He has just been informed that a small London art gallery has come in to possession of five canvases by the 19th century artist, Vladimir Radskin. Jonathan, the world’s foremost expert on Radskin, immediately understands the significance of the information. If the gallery indeed has five paintings, then the collection could very well include Radskin’s final canvas – a painting that has become legendary ever since it went missing in mysterious circumstances before its public unveiling in 1868.

For Jonathan, who has spent the last twenty years of his career searching for this painting, its discovery and authentication would finally establish the under-appreciated Radskin as a true master. For Peter, whose recent auctions have come under fire from the critics, an ensuing high-profile sale would represent an opportunity to salvage his career.

When Jonathan meets Clara, the owner of the London gallery, he is overwhelmed by a vertiginous sense of déjà-vu. But in the desperate rush to authenticate the fifth painting, he simply puts this strange feeling down to their shared passion for the late Russian painter. He and Clara are both convinced that this breath-taking painting is Radskin’s mythical last work, but they need proof: for The Young Girl in the Red Dress is unsigned.

Their quest takes them from a gallery in Piccadilly to a paint workshop in Florence, from a laboratory in the Louvre to a mysterious manor in the English countryside. The more Jonathan and Clara uncover about Radskin’s last painting, the more they discover about themselves: three very different lives, three inextricably intertwined destinies, caught in a race against time

A Place of Their Own: Creating the Deaf Community in America by John Vickrey Van Cleve and Barry A. Crouch

I recently finished Obama's Dreams From My Father and The Audacity of Hope. Didn't know much about him before reading them, so I feel better about this administration now.

Back