What are your favorite science fiction movies?

taurizs

Reaction score
What are your favorite science fiction movies?

I have LOADS as I love sci-fi. To list a few of them:

Total Recall
Robocop
Matrix triology
Donnie Darko
Sunshine
District 9

I particularly love Total Recall. It's the only film where I was so blown away that I returned to the cinema the next day to watch it all over again.
total-recall.jpg

Battlestar Galactica - the newer series.

Okay, not exactly a movie... Still, it remains one of my all time favorites. Also kept me entertained during a period when I was pretty much bed-ridden.

Battlestar Galactica - the newer series.

Okay, not exactly a movie... Still, it remains one of my all time favorites. Also kept me entertained during a period when I was pretty much bed-ridden.

I agree that the recent series of BSG was brilliant! :thumb:

Star Trek 2: Wrath of Kahn, Star Trek 3: The Search for Spock and Star Trek 4: the Voyage Home

What about "DUNE"? that was interesting, freakish settings, floating lights, giant worms, strange body sheild for fighting...etc it was like a 1930s sci-fi cartoon made live...

I love all those Star Trek shows (original, Next Generation, Deep Space 9, Enterprise). I also love Quantum Leap.

Dune

What about "DUNE"? that was interesting, freakish settings, floating lights, giant worms, strange body sheild for fighting...etc it was like a 1930s sci-fi cartoon made live...

As a teenager I loved the Dune books and re-read them several times. I watched the film on DVD a few months ago (unfortunately I couldn't get hold of a captioned/subtitled version). I think the director David Lynch is a creative genius and did as good as possible job of converting the epic book into a 2hr film (or 3hrs if you watch the extended version). Apparently David Lynch's original cut was 5hrs long! But if you haven't read the books beforehand, you won't get as much out of the film as there's not enough time in the film to fill in the complex details of that world.

Back